2021 Other Bowl Games Thread

I'm looking forward to Fox openly being in the tank for the Big Ten.

ESPN v Fox Sports is going to be a big time media battle and college football rights to the two biggest conferences will be the center of it all.

In a couple years there will only be Big Ten games on ESPN / ABC when they are playing the SEC out of conference (😂) or in a bowl game. Fox will use their Big Ten exclusivity to ensure FS1, FS2, FS8, and BTN are in every home and a centerpiece of their streaming platform.
Yes and also, Disney or whoever owns FOX now really needs to rename everything and disassociate that network entirely from Murdoch’s remaining portion.

Haven't seen too many shots of the stadium, but the one I saw made the crowd look fairly sparse and heavily Arkansas. I'll be curious on attendance considering the reach to get PSU and their incredible fans to Tampa.

Edit: Yeah the shot of the PSU endzone after that TD confirmed what I thought, at least preliminarily. Interesting.

Notre Dame hosed by the coin flip. They're doomed.

ESPN currently making excuses for SEC bowl performance saying they've had more opt outs than the other conferences. Ironic because they're currently calling a game of an SEC team vs a Big Ten team that not only has several opt outs, but shouldn't be in the bowl to begin with.
I caught that crap. The game the nimrod is calling has 5 of Penn State's starting defensive players opting out.

Evidently unicorns are real in some parts of the country.

Really? I just don’t see this game like that. Utah is probably going to be the most physical team Ohio State plays all year and I can’t see any scenario where OSU “wants this game” more than Utah does. Couple that with the opt outs for Ohio State and I think the Utes win this game. Will be interesting but I took Utah in my pick’em.
Utes travel well and are excited to be there.
I think the Buckeyes won’t be into it and it will be close with the Utes winning it

PSU D really showing out so far. Completely dominating since the early going.

Other than Alabama and Georgia......The Gophers can play with any of these teams in other bowl games and I think they proved that on opening night against OSU. Our Gophers are so close to being really really good. That defense this year was fantastic and if we had CAB and MI healthy all year, 2021 would have been very special. Cheers to all Gopher fans and here is to many great years to come for our program.

Anyone got any bets going? I've got ND and Iowa straight up to win.

Walked down the field for a very easy 7
Yeah they did. It was more of just me being childish. Not watchng too close but they look good. Of course as I checked the score, Okie State is only down 7.

Iowa's offense looking very Iowan so far.
I'm flipping though channels so I've seen about 5 plays from that game and Wandale Robinson had 2 big catches. I bet he's happy to be out of Frostville.

Wouldn't it have been easier to have the GRB in the same place as the Fiesta Bowl? (they are run by same organizers)

Would have been a lot better field conditions, lighting, and sight lines, and has to be easier to repaint a field in 3 days than to reconfigure a baseball stadium that hosts 1 football game a year.

Unbelievable how embarrassing it is for wisconsin, Purdue, and Mn that Iowa won the division.

all 3 better than Iowa. Iowa so bad on offense. Had wisconsin or Purdue beat Mn, they go.
had Mn beat Iowa, they go.

Wouldn't it have been easier to have the GRB in the same place as the Fiesta Bowl? (they are run by same organizers)

Would have been a lot better field conditions, lighting, and sight lines, and has to be easier to repaint a field in 3 days than to reconfigure a baseball stadium that hosts 1 football game a year.
It would’ve been easier but it might not have been more financially beneficial

Lots of “that team didn’t want to be there talk” which I think is uncommon. Sometimes you just get beat

I'll ask it again because I still don't know how it happened, but how the hell did we lose to Iowa? Their offense remains embarrassingly inept.
It is bad. I can't believe they were #2 at one time and still #15. I guess they did whatever they needed to do to achieve it, but you're right. They are bad.

I'll ask it again because I still don't know how it happened, but how the hell did we lose to Iowa? Their offense remains embarrassingly inept.
Because our defense gave up 10 points on their first two drives and their defense is good enough to play with a lead

Top Bottom