2020-2021 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Yeah Painter definitely deserves COY consideration so far.
He won at a 61 % rate in the conference. Three conference titles. One stretch of 6 straight winning conference records and another of 5. Very impressive.

Lets see if the refs help Dook get in the win column.

Ohio State is gonna have a hard time finishing above .500. Tough remaining schedule.

Purdue, on the other hand, has to have the easiest conf schedule. They play iowa, michigan, wisconsin, illinois, rutgers only once each this season.

Last edited:

Ohio State is gonna have a hard time finishing above .500. Tough remaining schedule.

Purdue, on the other hand, has to have the easiest conf schedule. They play iowa, michigan, wisconsin, illinois, rutgers only once each this season.

If they can keep shooting like they have from 3 the past few games, they'll be tough to beat because their front court is tricky enough to deal with as is....experienced guards too.

Duke is not very good due to team turmoil stemming from their individual player's different ideologies.

I have already seen players whose jerseys say "Moore Equality" and then another chump whose jersey says "Hurt Equality".

Can't we all just get along?

Duke is not very good due to team turmoil stemming from their individual player's different ideologies.

I have already seen players whose jerseys say "Moore Equality" and then another chump whose jersey says "Hurt Equality".

Can't we all just get along?
:clap:

I referred to Purdue's schedule on another thread but thought i'd mention it here again just to illustrate the affect schedule can have on a team's record.

Purdue plays Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Rutgers one time each.

Northwestern, on the other hand, plays each of these teams two times. Half NW's schedule is against those five teams. (Other than Wisconsin, the gophers also play each of these teams twice.)

I am not a NET fan, but hopefully strength of schedule is a variable that is taken into serious consideration by the committe when deciding the field and also seeding.

Last edited:

I referred to Purdue's schedule on another thread but thought i'd mention it here again just to illustrate the affect schedule can have on a team's record.

Northwestern, on the other hand, plays each of these teams two times. Half NW's schedule is against those five teams. (Other than Wisconsin, the gophers also play each of these teams twice.)

I am not a NET fan, but hopefully strength of schedule is a variable that is taken into serious consideration by the committe when deciding the field and also seeding.
I totally agree, SOS should be like the second factor in determining a team's validity for entering the tournament. NET is a waste. But maybe, it will resolve itself by the end of the season.

Selection Sunday, has the best read on these things.

I wonder if St. Louis will ever play basketball again.

Oats is knocking it out of the park at Alabama on the court and on the recruiting trail.
Makes sense and is totally fair that a school like that with zero basketball history can just inject hoards of football money into their basketball program to artificially bootstrap it to greatness. Clemson too!

Never said it was bogus. Pointed out he climbed out to a decent season from a disaster that he helped create. The teams always near the top have it much harder for a coach to win coach of the year. Win the big prize, win national coach of the year, then do it again. Win national coach of the year this year, it is there for the taking. Just not that important to me if you went 3-15 to 10-8 and some other coach goes 16-4. He did a good job the year he won the award.

Makes sense and is totally fair that a school like that with zero basketball history can just inject hoards of football money into their basketball program to artificially bootstrap it to greatness. Clemson too!
Oats can flat out recruit and teach.

Oats can flat out recruit and teach.
Oh I'm sure. Probably Clemson's guy too.

I'm just saying (probably absurdly), that Alabama has never been anything but a football school (for sports that matter). So they shouldn't get to use their football money to bootstrap other sports that they've never been good at.

I've been watching college basketball my whole life, but I've never been this perplexed with the schedule makers at the Big Ten. I understand COVID makes things a little more difficult, but these guys already know who the preseason best teams are before a schedule is made. Does anyone know how the Big Ten schedule is made? Is it a yearly rotation? Because for Purdue to get the top three preseason teams (Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois) only once is a joke.

Oh I'm sure. Probably Clemson's guy too.

I'm just saying (probably absurdly), that Alabama has never been anything but a football school (for sports that matter). So they shouldn't get to use their football money to bootstrap other sports that they've never been good at.
We have not been very good at basketball ourselves. Why can they not tap into their resources to improve themselves. Oats knew it was a really good job that had not been tapped. He is considered a really strong coach. Great guy and smart as well.

Big game for Rutgers tonight at Penn State. Rutgers remaining schedule is pretty manageable so they might be able to make a move up the standings.

Indiana not much chance at Iowa in later game. Indiana has a brutal schedule the rest of the way. They may start falling back.

Last edited:

I've been watching college basketball my whole life, but I've never been this perplexed with the schedule makers at the Big Ten. I understand COVID makes things a little more difficult, but these guys already know who the preseason best teams are before a schedule is made. Does anyone know how the Big Ten schedule is made? Is it a yearly rotation? Because for Purdue to get the top three preseason teams (Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois) only once is a joke.

Yeah, yearly rotation. How about playing each team once. At that point look at the standings and schedule the last 7 games so that teams have schedules that are somewhat equitable. Am sure that wouldnt work due to building issues and tv issues.

The problem with net is it ranks teams in such a jacked up way that any SOS factored into its own rankings already has built in flaws.

Currently beating Michigan state at home is apparently an equal game in terms of quality win (quad 3) as a win @2-6 Florida A&M

Top Bottom