2020-2021 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Regarding # 4: the conversation was regarding 13 straight conference road wins, which is what Dutcher has at SDSU. UVA has 6 or 7, its hard to determine because I have been drinking most of the day and am on my phone.
I do agree with the rest of your post.
Thanks for the clarity. To the fans fed up with our road record. Here is a little tidbit on how hard it is to beat ranked teams on the road. Since 2013 here are the nest road records against ranked teams.
1. UVA 15-8
2.Mich. State 11-8
3. UCLA 7-5
4. Duke 14-11
5. Nova 10-9
6. Kansas 14-13

NO ONE ELSE over .500
We are 2-24. We have lost to ranked teams on the road this year because most teams do that. Schedule really gets light that way now.

Thanks for the clarity. To the fans fed up with our road record. Here is a little tidbit on how hard it is to beat ranked teams on the road. Since 2013 here are the nest road records against ranked teams.
1. UVA 15-8
2.Mich. State 11-8
3. UCLA 7-5
4. Duke 14-11
5. Nova 10-9
6. Kansas 14-13

NO ONE ELSE over .500
We are 2-24. We have lost to ranked teams on the road this year because most teams do that. Schedule really gets light that way now.

Thanks for sharing. 2-24 is very bad though. Not stunned considering average teams don’t beat ranked teams often but especially on the road.

Did they include neutral courts in those records? I assume no

watching Iowa-NW. Fun to watch but holy hell for bad defense

Baylor is good.

Yeah, always happy to see Self go down as well. I know Scott Drew was strongly viewed as a cheater early on. Dont know if that was legitimate or not but havent heard much about shenanigans from him lately anyway. Nice to see some fans in the stands.

Yeah, always happy to see Self go down as well. I know Scott Drew was strongly viewed as a cheater early on. Dont know if that was legitimate or not but havent heard much about shenanigans from him lately anyway. Nice to see some fans in the stands.
The fans is the best part of the whole game. There can't be many but it still seems somewhat loud at times. Hopefully we can get back to this point. An empty barn sucks.

The fans is the best part of the whole game. There can't be many but it still seems somewhat loud at times. Hopefully we can get back to this point. An empty barn sucks.

Yeah, 25% full. Seems strange to hear a crowd.

The Purdue - Ohio State game tonight should be good viewing. Much more fun to watch other league games when the gophers are doing well.

The Purdue - Ohio State game tonight should be good viewing. Much more fun to watch other league games when the gophers are doing well.
I'm debating who i want to win. Ohio St is a quad 1 win right now for us but they're also ahead of us in standings and rankings. Purdue we play two more times and having their NET higher could mean 2 quad 1 opportunities for the home/away.

I'm debating who i want to win. Ohio St is a quad 1 win right now for us but they're also ahead of us in standings and rankings. Purdue we play two more times and having their NET higher could mean 2 quad 1 opportunities for the home/away.
I was thinking about this as well. I think I want the chips to fall in the manner that maximizes the Gophers chances at winning the Big Ten (however unlikely) or at least getting a double bye in the tournament (a good, realistic goal). I think Purdue winning helps that out since Minnesota has the opportunity to given them 1 or 2 more Ls while they have no control any more with Ohio State’s record.

I was thinking about this as well. I think I want the chips to fall in the manner that maximizes the Gophers chances at winning the Big Ten (however unlikely) or at least getting a double bye in the tournament (a good, realistic goal). I think Purdue winning helps that out since Minnesota has the opportunity to given them 1 or 2 more Ls while they have no control any more with Ohio State’s record.
Good thought process. I always write the gophers off as Big Ten winners pretty early, but I always forget about BTT seeding.

I am cheering for Purdue tonight, but by season's end that may turn out to have been the wrong choice.

Yup. We reserve the right to change our minds!

Certainly. Will also be interesting how Michigan bounces back as Maryland has been plucky on the road. Illinois should roll in the final game.

Ohio State has an easier B1G schedule than most. But they have some tough ones coming.

Michigan raining 3's. Up 17-3.

Loyola-Marymount destroys Monson by 24, although Dapper Dan devised a fine defensive game plan to hold Leapepe to 9 points.

For those lucky enough to still get FSN they Gods have a special gift for you as they will be showing San Diego vs Loyola Marymount LIVE at 8pm. The demand for more Leaupepe has been answered!

For those lucky enough to still get FSN they Gods have a special gift for you as they will be showing San Diego vs Loyola Marymount LIVE at 8pm. The demand for more Leaupepe has been answered!

Had to think for a moment to remember him. The announcers were sure in love with him that night. Kudos on the spelling.

Purdue is like Minnesota last year. Missing crucial FT’s and loosing close games.

Love Purdue as a program but their team is not very good. It helps us if they win.

Top Bottom