2014 NCAA Tournament Thread: Buzzer Beaters, Bracket Busters & More...

Wow. Figures that Nebraska cannot hit the broad side of a barn now that they are in the tournament.

Wow. Figures that Nebraska cannot hit the broad side of a barn now that they are in the tournament.

Tim Miles went to Bo Ryan's school of choking when it matters.

I wish I would have known that.

I really hope Tyrus and his butt buddy are enjoying this.

how many people could have picked mercer? If it busts everyone's bracket, does it really matter?

Three people in our pool picked Mercer believe it or not. So yes it would matter.

It just depends on how far you had Duke going. If you had them losing to In the sweet 16, it won't hurt you at all compared to if you had them in the final four.
What kind of self respecting college basketball fan could pick a 3 seed Duke to the final four? Everyone knows one of the best parts of the tourney is when Duke loses, I want to celebrate when it happens.

The issue wouldn't be the Duke-Mercer game by itself. Obviously nearly everybody has Duke winning that one. The dfference would be if someone had Duke going really deep, this could take away a lot of potential future points, whereas people who had Duke going down second or third round would be better off.

Exactly. I have Duke going far so it would destroy my bracket.

What kind of self respecting college basketball fan could pick a 3 seed Duke to the final four? Everyone knows one of the best parts of the tourney is when Duke loses, I want to celebrate when it happens.

I know. I feel like an idiot haha. You are spot on though.

Not this guy. Lol. I have some friends that did though.

Three people in our pool picked Mercer believe it or not. So yes it would matter.

Mind you, these three know nothing about basketball, however it would be crazy if they picked this one correctly haha.

Stanford up 20-4 over New Mexico. Five minutes without scoring for New Mexico.

Looks like Mercer is going to pull the upset over Duke.

Miles was just ejected from the Nebraska/Baylor game.

Anybody think that Parker would stay? That would be a pretty crazy "Big 3" if he did.

At least now Coach K can devote more time to telling us about how awesome his conference is.

Duke is done. Nebrasketball going down in flames.

Very surprised to see Duke go down yet again early and even though I had them getting to the elite 8 it never really hurts to seem them go down. Mercer is from the same conference as Florida Gulf Coast and trying to make the same type of run. Glad to see Nebraska going down to Baylor as I have Baylor winning this one and beating Creighton in the next round.

I really liked the Nebraska team and thought they would go on a run. Their team towards the end of the Big Ten season reminded me a little (preposterous statement here) of the Willie Burton led Gophers with Petteway being their Willie and two other guys who could score. I am glad I was way wrong.

I really liked the Nebraska team and thought they would go on a run. Their team towards the end of the Big Ten season reminded me a little (preposterous statement here) of the Willie Burton led Gophers with Petteway being their Willie and two other guys who could score. I am glad I was way wrong.

They just aren't the same team when they're not at Pinnacle Bank. I had a feeling they would lose early in the BTT and the tourney.

Duke attempted 37 threes compared to 25 twos. How does that happen?

Top Bottom