2014-2015 Gopher Women's Season Thread!

The ladies win a huge game on the road against a top 5 B1G team in Ohio State. 76-72 final.
Shae Kelley with a monster 29 point, 18 rebound game! Great win.

Record: 15-2, 4-1(B1G)

Ajax Liquor Store is delivering one of everything except vermouth.

Bambi is doing well.

Ajax Liquor Store is delivering one of everything except vermouth.

Bambi is doing well.
I get vermouth for cooking wine because I know it will never get drunk before i need it.
Glad you're back, Dr. D.

The ladies win a huge game on the road against a top 5 B1G team in Ohio State. 76-72 final.
Shae Kelley with a monster 29 point, 18 rebound game! Great win.

Record: 15-2, 4-1(B1G)

Really big that Bailey went 5 for 11 on 3-pointers. This coach has done an amazing job after losing perhaps the best player in the league.

Love those ladies. Big win after big win, and they could have beat Maryland. Really gutsy performances...

Love those ladies. Big win after big win, and they could have beat Maryland. Really gutsy performances...

This.

I miss watching Banham play but they are moving the ball better because they can't depend on her. Really fun to watch this team!

Great win! I thought we were dead after Rachel went down. These kids are really showing a lot of character.

Stollings doing great things in her 1st season. Hard not to be impressed, especially since sans Banham. If she recruits as well as she coaches, could be a Big Ten juggernaut in the making.

Kelley's huge game propels U women past Ohio State 76-72

COLUMBUS, OHIO – Shae Kelley scored 29 points — three shy of her career high — and had 18 rebounds as the No. 23-ranked Gophers edged Ohio State 76-72 on Thursday night for a rare victory at Value City Arena.

Guard Mikayla Bailey had 16 points — she was 5-for-11 on three-pointers — and 12 rebounds. Center Amanda Zahui B., whose string of double doubles in a row ended at nine, had 16 points and eight rebounds while guard Shayne Mullaney had seven points and 10 assists.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/288768871.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Watched some of the ending of Maryland and Rutgers. Rough game. Two flagrant fouls at the end.
One on each team. Maryland won a tough road game going away. Rutgers ranked 22.

Gopher Women at the Barn, vs Indiana, today at 2 p.m. on BTN.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Game Preview: No. 23 Minnesota vs. Indiana
The Gophers take on the Hoosiers at Williams Arena live on BTN

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/011615aaa.html

"Sunday's contest will serve as Alumni Day for the Golden Gophers, with former players invited to attend a pregame social in the M Club Room at TCF Bank Stadium, before being honored on the court at halftime, including a special recognition for the members of the 2005 NCAA Sweet Sixteen team. It will also be Carlie Wagner Community Day, with the rookie set to sign autographs following the contest, and High School Day. All high school girl's basketball teams that submit their roster in advance will receive complimentary admission to the game."

Last sentence bolded: Great job. Especially when lots of the HS kids played against Carlie and can relate to the excitement and intensity at the Big Time level.

Last sentence bolded: Great job. Especially when lots of the HS kids played against Carlie and can relate to the excitement and intensity at the Big Time level.

Should happen more often. Men's BB(maybe non con games) and football. Went to a football game that way when I was in high school. VS Purdue with BOB Griese.

Gopher defense MIA so far this game. Love our offense, but this zone defense has alot of holes in it. Teams who can hit their open shots can put up points on us.

The defense is lacking, but IU made their first 7-8 shots in a row. Cooling off now...

The defense is lacking, but IU made their first 7-8 shots in a row. Cooling off now...

Not cooling off. The zone simply leaves way too many wide open shots available and it's hard to box out on zone D. It's definitely a liability. Would love to see us transition to man-to-man. I think the results on the defensive end would be significantly better. Our offense and energy are consistently great though!

"A foul on the pass there?"

on who?............on which team?.....wtf?

Zone looks awful so far. Any shot Indiana wants it can get.

Btw, forward Jackie Johnson is transferring out of the program. Best of luck to her in resurrecting her career which has been derailed by injuries the past few years!

Word is Rachel Banham leaning towards coming back for a 5th season. Will make her decision within the next week or so!

not sure if you caught it but the announcer just mentioned Banham will announce the early part of next week if she is coming back. said she is leaning that way presently.

Hope so....

The Johnson transfer will open a scholarship for Banham to use for 2015-16.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That fat fu-k 43 for Indiana is pushing off and moving her feet on the screen.
Put B back in even with 3 fouls. Plus, I want to her put that fat fu-k on her ass.

Top Bottom