2014-2015 Gopher Women's Season Thread!

For a sophomore she has that "climb on my back girls " attitude. I wish Mo had her hands. She catches everything and doesn't get stripped.

For a sophomore she has that "climb on my back girls " attitude. I wish Mo had her hands. She catches everything and doesn't get stripped.

Her summer with the Swedish National BB Team might have been the key to her improvement.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Can anybody please add information about Allina Starr? Is this a big transfer?

HTML:

No. Maybe more of an indication that Banham will opt for the WNBA though. :eek:

The WNBA starts in 4 1/2 months. Preseason? Can't see it in 2015....hope she comes back and sets all the records.

Go BBB...........Buckets for Banham Babes!

Listed a Soph. on the Auburn roster. Doesn't look like she received much playing time on a horrible
Auburn team that is 0-4 in conference.

Check out this article from the Rochester Post Bulletin:

Darren Nelson had a big secret back in November, one that the Byron High School girls basketball head coach wanted to protect from wide release, for the secret's own good.

But after the December that Ayoka Lee had on the court, it's safe to say now that Nelson's secret is out.

Just a freshman in her first full varsity season, Lee is already making her presence felt. And her presence could be a real game-changer in the years ahead, because at 6-foot-5 she is likely already the tallest girl to ever play high school girls basketball in southeastern Minnesota.

"She's truly a low post player; she's long, tall and strong," described Nelson. "I didn't know exactly what I was going to get with Ayoka (at the beginning of the season), but I was expecting great things."

College recruiters are becoming aware of Lee, and she welcomes the attention.

"I definitely want to play in college," she assured. "I'd love to play for the Gophers; that would be like a dream."

Nelson is excited about having Lee in the middle of his lineup for the next 3 1/2 seasons, and for what the future holds for her after that.

"Ayoka knows she has to keep getting better, and she will," he said. "The sky is the limit what level she can play at."

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...cle_41917526-0886-5d16-aa33-3a78443247a5.html

Go Gophers!!

19..The one gal is from the Canadian National Team. The other is a JC recruit. Both were highly recruited and extremely athletic along the lines of Kelly.

If the Gopher Gals win at Ohio State, I am gonna call the Ajax Liquor Store for a delivery.

Dr. Don - they used to deliver to us at Concordia in a Hornbakers bag!

Anyone know how the get the radio broadcast from 88.5 online?

Gophers down 28-27 at the half. Some easily identifiable problems though. Gophers aren't getting out on stud freshman Kelsey Mitchell (I'd say a top 3 player in the country). Mitchell's hit 6 threes already in the first half, so we need to cover her like glue despite being in the zone. Carlie Wagner is having an awful time of it so far, and Zahui hasn't been much better. If those two have better halfs and we can slow down Mitchell, I feel good about our chances!

Gophers up 51-46 with 10 mins left. Team playing really well (although Carlie should realize she's having an off night and stop shooting. 2-15 now... Yikes!)

Amanda Zahui isn't able to stay on the court tonight. Been out for most of the 2nd half with foul trouble, goes back to the bench with 9 mins left after drawing 4th foul. Buckeye's in the bonus now. Gophers need to start rebounding better and limit those 2nd, 3rd chance opps. Hope we pull this one out. Would be huge!

Kelsey Mitchell picks up her 4th foul with about 7 mins left! Yes! Btw, hope I don't jinx it, but Shae Kelley is absolutely going off right now. 27 points, 16 rebounds.

Gophers up 63-57 with 3 mins left. 3 Buckeyes with 4 fouls! Lets go Gophs, pulls this one out!

Gophers up 71-66 with 1 minute and change left. And Kelsey Mitchell fouls out! That makes things alot less tough now.

Top Bottom