12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a new video interview, Rashad, says he likes every team the same right now, but when asked to give a current top 3 he said, "Minnesota, Baylor, Kansas. I like 'em all." Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but nice to hear him list Minnesota first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWRlaG9yhlg&feature=youtu.be&a

Great news! One poster speculated that if UNC offers, he's as good as gone. I know it's early, but is North Carolina interested in Vaughn? Or is Vaughn just a big Tar Heels fan?

Great news! One poster speculated that if UNC offers, he's as good as gone. I know it's early, but is North Carolina interested in Vaughn? Or is Vaughn just a big Tar Heels fan?

My understanding is that they haven't expressed any interest yet. He's definitely good enough to play there though, so hopefully they get some early commits from other wings and put the rest of their focus on other positions. Or better yet, they offer him, but he chooses the Gophers anyway.

High release makes me think he will be a consistent solid shooter, good high trajectory as well. Has a better body than Tyus, for now, but doesn't have the quick burst to get in the lane freely, at least in this video. I swear I saw a video that showed him posting up more and being much more physical, this video had him finishing at the rim with contact very little if at all... I like this video of him as a shooter, but did not enhance my view of him as an overall prospect. There were times where I thought he was the better prospect with a longer career and higher collegiate ceiling than Tyus, this vid makes me think there is a significant gap.

High release makes me think he will be a consistent solid shooter, good high trajectory as well. Has a better body than Tyus, for now, but doesn't have the quick burst to get in the lane freely, at least in this video. I swear I saw a video that showed him posting up more and being much more physical, this video had him finishing at the rim with contact very little if at all... I like this video of him as a shooter, but did not enhance my view of him as an overall prospect. There were times where I thought he was the better prospect with a longer career and higher collegiate ceiling than Tyus, this vid makes me think there is a significant gap.

He's definitely not going to penetrate on the level of Tyus but he is a legit 6'5 so that's expected. For his size and age, I was very impressed with his handling skills when I saw him. Building on one of your comments, he had about the most big ten ready body for his position I've ever seen for a high school sophomore.

He's definitely not going to penetrate on the level of Tyus but he is a legit 6'5 so that's expected. For his size and age, I was very impressed with his handling skills when I saw him. Building on one of your comments, he had about the most big ten ready body for his position I've ever seen for a high school sophomore.

All I know, is Tyus & Vaughn at the 1 and 2 would be VERY scary for the rest of the Big10. That would be an incredible combo.

All I know, is Tyus & Vaughn at the 1 and 2 would be VERY scary for the rest of the Big10. That would be an incredible combo.

If we got Tyus, Vaughn might not even start. Rashad would have to beat out either Andre Hollins or Joe Coleman as seniors.

If we got Tyus, Vaughn might not even start. Rashad would have to beat out either Andre Hollins or Joe Coleman as seniors.

Doesn't matter. The kid from Cuse didn't start and will be a top 6 pick. And Vaugh is a legit 6'5" and may be taller at that point. Since when is that too small to play the 3 in college? Plenty of teams start 3 guards with none being that big. Jones, Hollins Coleman with Vaughn off the bench or Vaughn with Coleman off the bench would be an excellent perimeter lineup. Won't happen though because we have no shot at Jones

We also had no shot at Royce White, Kris Humphries, or Rick Rickert. When will people learn the top players in the state will never stay in Minnesota?

We also had no shot at Royce White, Kris Humphries, or Rick Rickert. When will people learn the top players in the state will never stay in Minnesota?

Royce White - headcase who had 1 blue-chip offer (MSU) and never played a second for the Gophers
Kris Humphries - enormous d*uche who basically had his Duke offer rescinded after Coach K wouldn't "play ball" with he and his Daddy, came crawling back home with his tail between his legs and bolted for the NBA after being an all-offense/no-defense black hole for one of the worst Gopher teams in history
Rick Rickert - enormous d*uche who bailed on Arizona (thanks to his dad) and came crawling back home with his tail between his legs and idiotically "bolted" for the "NBA" after leading the Gophers to two NIT appearances

What was I thinking? Clearly the Gophers need more "top players" like these!

Royce White - headcase who had 1 blue-chip offer (MSU) and never played a second for the Gophers
Kris Humphries - enormous d*uche who basically had his Duke offer rescinded after Coach K wouldn't "play ball" with he and his Daddy, came crawling back home with his tail between his legs and bolted for the NBA after being an all-offense/no-defense black hole for one of the worst Gopher teams in history
Rick Rickert - enormous d*uche who bailed on Arizona (thanks to his dad) and came crawling back home with his tail between his legs and idiotically "bolted" for the "NBA" after leading the Gophers to two NIT appearances

Nice defeatist attitude! I guess the Gophers shouldn't bother recruiting any top talent because they will never get those players. Maybe they should just drop the basketball program?!?!

Nice defeatist attitude! I guess the Gophers shouldn't bother recruiting any top talent because they will never get those players. Maybe they should just drop the basketball program?!?!

Who said any of those things? Those are 3 nice enormous logical leaps you've made there!

Who said any of those things? Those are 3 nice enormous logical leaps you've made there!

Now this is high comedy! No one on this board uses hyperbole to prove a point more than you do.

Just tired of all the negative posts that the Gophers will never attract top talent here. You didn't even have 1 good thing to say about Humphries or Rickert and said they had to come crawling back to Minnesota. Negative ... negative ... negative.

What does being a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# bag or a headcase for that matter have to do with your actual basketball talent for starters?

Royce White- Only 1 blue chip offer? Calipari begged for him to come to Kentucky when he left MN. I consider them Blue Chip offer considering they won it all.
Kris Humphries - Regardless of how he came back to MN basically had offers from most blue chip programs in the Nation.
Rick Rickert - Like him or not he was a successfull gopher.
Sam Jacobson - Ya he sucked?
Joel Pryzbilla - Chose MN over pretty much every school in the nation.

I still agree we probably have no shot at Jones or Vaughn BUT...it has happened in the past.

Royce White - always wanted to go to MN, was a kid that felt a ton of loyalty to his hometown and was always coming here

Humphries - basically left Duke with Coach K's agreement when he realized he wouldn't be able to take 15 shots a game and use it as a springboard to the NBA.

The truth is that Tyus Jones has always been a longshot as he's an elite prospect that doesn't appear to have the same inherant love for the U that White had and insider rumblings have always said that he's not real high on the U. Vaughn seems much higher on MN and while he already basically has his choice of top programs, he may feel drawn to stay home. I will say that if both Rodney and Mbakwe go first round next year that may really help our perception in terms of developing talent

What's your point here? I never said anything about what type of career they had here, what type of people they were, or HOW they got here. I also never said that we need more guys like them. The point is they were top players from our state and decided to play for the Gophers. If you think it's likely that Tyus and Rashad choose another school, I won't argue, but saying there is no shot at all is just stupid. Did they tell you that themselves? Even if they did, they're probably going to change their minds 10 times before signing a LOI. If they don't know where they're going yet, neither do you. It's okay to not always know what's going to happen ahead of time, although I'd guess you struggle with admitting that's even possible.

What does being a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# bag or a headcase for that matter have to do with your actual basketball talent for starters?

It doesn't have anything to do with your actual basketball talent, but all the basketball talent in the world is irrelevant if you can't get on the court.

Royce White- Only 1 blue chip offer?

Yes. I was clearly talking about HS. White did not have a Kentucky offer coming out of HS.

Kris Humphries - Regardless of how he came back to MN basically had offers from most blue chip programs in the Nation.

And, again, it didn't matter how many offers he had, because Minnesota was his only choice after he burned his bridges at Duke and a talent-starved U was willing to take him in, unlike any of the top offers he had.

Rick Rickert - Like him or not he was a successfull gopher.

On what basis? Collecting awards or winning? I'd rather win. You can have the stat accumulators. I don't consider 2 NIT bids "successfull"[sic].

I still agree we probably have no shot at Jones or Vaughn BUT...it has happened in the past.

I never said it hasn't. But it's not going to happen with either of these two. And the Tubby Haters will really be loaded for bear when that happens.

What's your point here? I never said anything about what type of career they had here, what type of people they were, or HOW they got here. I also never said that we need more guys like them. The point is they were top players from our state and decided to play for the Gophers. If you think it's likely that Tyus and Rashad choose another school, I won't argue, but saying there is no shot at all is just stupid. Did they tell you that themselves? Even if they did, they're probably going to change their minds 10 times before signing a LOI. If they don't know where they're going yet, neither do you. It's okay to not always know what's going to happen ahead of time, although I'd guess you struggle with admitting that's even possible.

I'm saying that they were "top players" in name only. White was the only one worth having, and he couldn't stay out of his own way enough to even set foot on the court. Humphries turned into a decent player about 8 years too late, and Rickert was never worth having in the first place. Any value he had as a player was completely eliminated by the fact that he didn't want to be here at all. Jones is much better than any of them (possibly the best MN HS player in history), and he knows it, and he will not be coming here. Vaughn is better than any of them coming out of HS (except perhaps White), and he knows it, and he will not be coming here.

I'm saying that they were "top players" in name only. White was the only one worth having, and he couldn't stay out of his own way enough to even set foot on the court. Humphries turned into a decent player about 8 years too late, and Rickert was never worth having in the first place. Any value he had as a player was completely eliminated by the fact that he didn't want to be here at all. Jones is much better than any of them (possibly the best MN HS player in history), and he knows it, and he will not be coming here. Vaughn is better than any of them coming out of HS (except perhaps White), and he knows it, and he will not be coming here.

The part in bold is completely irrelevant. We're talking about whether or not top players would sign with the Gophers. Royce did that. He chose the Gophers over MSU and others. Period. If they committed today it would probably not be with the Gophers, but there are some hypothetical scenerios that I think would give the Gophers a very realistic chance, but I'm not going to waste my time explaining it because you'll probably be too stubborn to admit there is even a 1% chance of them coming here, no matter the circumstances. You somehow know for a 'fact' something that's going to happen in the future. Impressive.

not worth having what an idiotic moronic concept for decorated Big Ten Players who were very heavily recruited and very highly rated... trolling at its finest

not worth having what an idiotic moronic concept for decorated Big Ten Players who were very heavily recruited and very highly rated... trolling at its finest

Rickert. Not worth having here. Didn't want to be here, at all, from the second he arrived to the second he left. Period. Wore an Arizona Wildcats cap as he signed his Minnesota LOI. Did you know that?

GophersOnTheRise said:
The part in bold is completely irrelevant. We're talking about whether or not top players would sign with the Gophers. Royce did that. He chose the Gophers over MSU and others. Period. If they committed today it would probably not be with the Gophers, but there are some hypothetical scenerios that I think would give the Gophers a very realistic chance, but I'm not going to waste my time explaining it because you'll probably be too stubborn to admit there is even a 1% chance of them coming here, no matter the circumstances. You somehow know for a 'fact' something that's going to happen in the future. Impressive.

Are you sure it isn't a 2% chance?

2014 SG Rashad Vaughn received his latest offer last week from Syracuse and in an interview with Evan Flood mentioned that he hopes to visit Baylor, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Miami, Syracuse and Kansas yet this Fall before he narrows his list. Vaughn has previously visited Iowa State and the idea that he wants to visit again may put Iowa State is a good position for the top 25 talent.

http://recruitlists.com/news/?p=1784

Go Gophers!!

I'm starting to assume we have next to zero chance to get Vaughn or Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom