12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn't commit he can go to any UNLV game he wants. Tyus, Rashad and Vaughn got tickets all last year to go to Gopher games. However, right after Reid committed he was going to attended the game, but he got rejected because the tickets weren't left for him. (that is what I heard at least for the home opener.

Ha, what? He had a family dinner to Champps all planned out beforehand. If you're going to make up rumors, at least try to be more convincing next time.

We deleted about 60 posts about Iowa State and banned two Cyclone posters who were here to only troll. If other posts were deleted during this pruning we apologize, but we want to keep the focus on Vaughn's recruitment and not burger joints in Ames. Additional non-Vaughn posts will be deleted and trolling Cyclone fans will be banned.

We deleted about 60 posts about Iowa State and banned two Cyclone posters who were here to only troll. If other posts were deleted during this pruning we apologize, but we want to keep the focus on Vaughn's recruitment and not burger joints in Ames. Additional non-Vaughn posts will be deleted and trolling Cyclone fans will be banned.

Y'all get a lot of crap, but I appreciate the moderation that takes place on this forum. It's just hands-on enough to be very effective.

Also, this post presents an interesting situation for you. You can delete it, because it has nothing to do with Rashad. Or you can keep it, and let it pad your egos a bit. Let's see what you tyrants choose to do.

Y'all get a lot of crap, but I appreciate the moderation that takes place on this forum. It's just hands-on enough to be very effective.

Also, this post presents an interesting situation for you. You can delete it, because it has nothing to do with Rashad. Or you can keep it, and let it pad your egos a bit. Let's see what you tyrants choose to do.

Well, that was the case until you mentioned Rashad. Then it became topical. Now we'll never know what the mods would have done :(

I got into Vegas today for work, I'm thinking I need to find Vaughn and give him a sales pitch on Minnesota.

I got into Vegas today for work, I'm thinking I need to find Vaughn and give him a sales pitch on Minnesota.

And you didn't check out the UNLV-ASU hoops game at the Mack tonight? One of the best basketball games I've seen in a while. Very entertaining. The ASU PG, Jahii Carson, pretty impressive to see him carve up UNLV for 40 points.

I don't get the UNLV strategy the last few years. They've picked up a ton of transfers, guys that were blue chippers from big programs (Kansas, UCLA, et al), but apparently couldn't cut it. So they've got a bunch of talented players that have no experience playing together. Bad mix.

I doubt Vaughn ends up there. He can do a lot better

And you didn't check out the UNLV-ASU hoops game at the Mack tonight? One of the best basketball games I've seen in a while. Very entertaining. The ASU PG, Jahii Carson, pretty impressive to see him carve up UNLV for 40 points.

I don't get the UNLV strategy the last few years. They've picked up a ton of transfers, guys that were blue chippers from big programs (Kansas, UCLA, et al), but apparently couldn't cut it. So they've got a bunch of talented players that have no experience playing together. Bad mix.

No I didn't, though on the way from the airport to my hotel I did see a huge sign promoting the game.

I really want to compare that to another transfer-heavy program that Rashad is considering, but I fear that may cause another 10 page derailment of this thread.

I think their problem is that Rice comes from the Scott Drew and Josh Pastner school of coaching. Or rather not coaching.

Looking at Vaughn's recruitment as objectively as possible, I think it will be difficult for Pitino to get him. The facts are that Hoiberg has been recruiting him since 9th grade. It hasn't been one sided either. There has been reciprocated interest. Think about the the kind of relationship he's likely built with Rashad and his family.

Although, if you look at the way the Gophers have been playing and all the minutes/shots that are available with Smith and Hollins graduating, there is no doubt Vaughn would get as much of a chance to showcase his skills here as anywhere else. That, coupled with some early success from Pitino is probably the best sales pitch. I just think it will be tough for him to say no Iowa St. after all these years. Whether we like to admit it or not, they have some positives to offer Vaughn, and he seems the most comfortable there.

If he doesn't commit he can go to any UNLV game he wants. Tyus, Rashad and Vaughn got tickets all last year to go to Gopher games. However, right after Reid committed he was going to attended the game, but he got rejected because the tickets weren't left for him. (that is what I heard at least for the home opener.

Change your moniker to Sgt. Schultz because you know nothing!

I think the best thing about the ISU visit is there is a long time between now and the spring signing period. The novelty of a big win with a court rush will lose some luster over the next few months. Without him being in the State though, it will be hard for the Gopher's Staff to make an impression.

I think the best thing about the ISU visit is there is a long time between now and the spring signing period. The novelty of a big win with a court rush will lose some luster over the next few months. Without him being in the State though, it will be hard for the Gopher's Staff to make an impression.

Agreed. This is why it's important for Pitino to convince Rashad to take an official here.

Yeah I'm never a fan of having a recruit take his official visit several months before he decides. Always worries me.

Yeah I'm never a fan of having a recruit take his official visit several months before he decides. Always worries me.

Maybe not ...

(Perfectly possible this has nothing to do with basketbal too)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Decisions Decisions Decisions ...</p>— Rashad Vaughn (@ShowtimeMr) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShowtimeMr/statuses/403270998469799936">November 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe not ...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Decisions Decisions Decisions ...</p>— Rashad Vaughn (@ShowtimeMr) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShowtimeMr/statuses/403270998469799936">November 20, 2013</a></blockquote>

Orange juice with the pulp, or orange juice without the pulp?

Maybe not ...

If it's basketball related, it probably has to do with setting up official visits.

Or to scrap the orange juice all together and get cranberry lemonade instead.

Maybe not ...

He certainly knows how to play the fan bases, doesn't he?

Today's the last day to sign a LOI for this period, correct?

Yeah, that popped into my head too. I'm sure ISU was trying to get him to sign on the dotted line in the fall period, which is ending today. I don't see it happening though. It's hard to make assumptions off of tweets like this because they could mean nothing.

That is correct. Certainly could add a different context to that tweet. Or, like has been discussed, Rashad is choosing between McDonalds and Wendy's right now.

That is correct. Certainly could add a different context to that tweet. Or, like has been discussed, Rashad is choosing between McDonalds and Wendy's right now.

He is choosing between McDonalds (North Carolina), Burger King (Minnesota), Wendy's (UNLV) or White Castle Discount Burger (Iowa State).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom