Yho Committee

If Penn State wins this game the committee is going to have a problem

They won't have a problem with their selections. They will have a problem justifying their selections. They will put in the 4 best teams. Neither team playing tonight is a Top 4 team. IMO and most likely, the committee's opinion.

Might be very high tonight. The committee definitely has a problem now.

Besides, this was the year the Badgers were going to have their long consecutive bowl streak broken, and lose all the tough games on their schedule etc. This team is a year or two from recovering from the Andersen debacle. Winning the west and playing in the BTN championship game this year is gravy.

They did lose all the tough games on their schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a chance PSU makes it over OSU. Head to head should and will only factor in when the records are the same. OSU killed OU at OU and PSU lost to Pitt so it shouldn't nor will it matter if PSU won the head to head with the same conference record.

PSU just won their league and beat OSU head to head.

That comes into play if they had the same number of losses in my opinion. Penn st has two worse losses. Got blown out by Michigan.

The committee can't take PSU. Maybe if they played a real team on the Conf Championship game they could, but struggling against the Badgers won't help those cause.

It would be easy to argue that OSU vs.Wash, OSU would win more than lose.

What about Mich vs. Wash head to head? Though some subjective criteria would have to be used to evaluate which is better, I think a strong case for Mich being the better team can be made. Unfortunately, the Iowa loss probably doomed them in the end.

I leave Washington out if I'm on committee.

That comes into play if they had the same number of losses in my opinion. Penn st has two worse losses. Got blown out by Michigan.
Penn states one "bad" loss was to Pitt by 3pts, who also beat Clemson......

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Michigan played 8 home games. 2-2 on road with wins over Rutgers and MSU

Washington didn't play a Non-conference P5 team and played a FCS team.

Penn State beat Temple, OSU, Wisconsin and 9 in a row. Big Ten Champs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Penn State's one bad loss was by 39 to Michigan.

49-10 loss to Mich is a bad loss. However both were early in the season compared to Mich late season losses.

Wash has only one loss to the #11 team, and blew out the #8 team in the CCG. No way should they drop out of the top 4 based on where they're ranked now.

Committee can't leave out Washington. One loss conference champion. Only loss to a good USC team. There's no way that they could justify that. Penn State will go to the Rose Bowl.....which isn't a bad deal considering their losses.

Michigan played 8 home games. 2-2 on road with wins over Rutgers and MSU

Washington didn't play a Non-conference P5 team and played a FCS team.

Penn State beat Temple, OSU, Wisconsin and 9 in a row. Big Ten Champs.

Washington played Rutgers.

Like I said....

I know. It's tough to even consider them a P5 team.....but they are. Rutgers were not this terrible a few years back when the game was announced......so it's not exactly fair to knock on Washington's non-con schedule as a reason to leave them out of the playoffs.

Michigan has the best resume of any B1G team, and are the best team in the B1G

That being said, they won't make it in.

Comittee will leave rankings as they are with possible exception of declaring / seeding Clemson #2 and tOSU #3. If they do that, it gives "perception" they were actually working which they don't need to be.

The committee will find it very easy (although they will suggest hours of deliberation).....after spending a weekend in a 5 Star Hotel and having most of the universe align correctly.....to simply leave things as they are.

It is easy now....again they will give perception this "was a difficult decision". As stated earlier, 1-3 are LOCKS and debate will be over seed #4.....ultimately justified by Conference Championship, 1 loss, their OL, and high powered offense.

People on message boards across the country, media, etc. will then cry for an 8 team playoff because, after all, #5, #6, #7, and #8 can play with any of these teams.

This will then give media plenty to write about, talk about from now until next season.

Then, committee wI'll expand to 8 and teams #9, #10, and #11 will complain.

Chaos was wished for.......minor compared to what it could've been. But then again, that's why games are played on the field.

Michigan has the best resume of any B1G team, and are the best team in the B1G

That being said, they won't make it in.

How do you figure? OSU went 11-1 against a tougher schedule, while Michigan went 10-2 against a weaker schedule. Psst, they also won head-to-head.

How do you figure? OSU went 11-1 against a tougher schedule, while Michigan went 10-2 against a weaker schedule. Psst, they also won head-to-head.

Also.....Michigan had 8 Home Games. Went 2-2 on the road with wins over Rutgers and Sparty. Give tOSU identical schedule as Michigan and they are 12-0 in regular season. Again, just my opinion.

Hey, when we have a great season, we win a national championship. But if your'e happy with 5th place, more power to you.
Probably the worst argument I've seen on this site in a long time.

The best thing to come out of this is Wisconsin is not in the playoff. That is a win for every college football fan everywhere.

Comittee will leave rankings as they are with possible exception of declaring / seeding Clemson #2 and tOSU #3. If they do that, it gives "perception" they were actually working which they don't need to be.

The committee will find it very easy (although they will suggest hours of deliberation).....after spending a weekend in a 5 Star Hotel and having most of the universe align correctly.....to simply leave things as they are.

It is easy now....again they will give perception this "was a difficult decision". As stated earlier, 1-3 are LOCKS and debate will be over seed #4.....ultimately justified by Conference Championship, 1 loss, their OL, and high powered offense.

People on message boards across the country, media, etc. will then cry for an 8 team playoff because, after all, #5, #6, #7, and #8 can play with any of these teams.

This will then give media plenty to write about, talk about from now until next season.

Then, committee wI'll expand to 8 and teams #9, #10, and #11 will complain.

Chaos was wished for.......minor compared to what it could've been. But then again, that's why games are played on the field.

Well I could see Clemson getting #2, but it really doesn't matter since 2 plays 3 anyway. I think Ohio St will beat Clemson in that game. Penn St did win their conference, but 2 losses sinks them. I don't think it is even much of a discussion. You get 4 teams from the 5 conferences, which in the end is what we want.

I think the 4 teams should be:
Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Washington

If they went to 8 teams, is it possible that the B1G would have 4 of the 8?
Oklahoma
Michigan
Penn State
Wisconsin

Top Bottom