Wow huge day for Gophers, only undefeated B10 West team, ranked this week?

Ok. But the game isn't being played on Saturday. These numbers are being based on four games.....three of which have been played against far inferior opponents. The fact that the SP+ line moved by more than a touchdown from week one to week two shows how incomplete the information is at this point.
Right now they are mostly based on recent performance, recruiting rankings, and returning production. They're not only based on two games. The line moved by a touchdown because both teams moved by 3 points in opposite directions versus the "average" team. That's a completely reasonable move given that Minnesota's offense started the season at like #60 in SP+ (which is clearly too low) and Wisconsin's defense started at like #3 in SP+ (which is clearly too high).

If you're that confident that the line is off, do you want to give me $1K on Wisconsin at even money right now? I'll take it.

Right now they are mostly based on recent performance, recruiting rankings, and returning production. They're not only based on two games. The line moved by a touchdown because both teams moved by 3 points in opposite directions versus the "average" team. That's a completely reasonable move given that Minnesota's offense started the season at like #60 in SP+ (which is clearly too low) and Wisconsin's defense started at like #3 in SP+ (which is clearly too high).

If you're that confident in the outcome, do you want to give me $1K on Wisconsin at even money right now? I'll take it.

Recent performance based on what? Games against overmatched teams? How much does the line move if the Gophers decide to play starters from start to finish? What if they decide to put up another three touchdowns on NMSU? Not let WIU score their single garbage time TD? The numbers are pretty empty right now.

As for the anonymous dick measuring wager offer. Grow up. The fact that the Badgers lost to a middling Pac-12 team at home tells me what I need to know for now. Not a very good team. Gophers beat them by three touchdowns.

Prior seasons (i.e., How good was the team last year? How much of that team did they return?)

Didn't the SP+ rankings predict Wisconsin as a 24 point favorite against Washington State this past week?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

idk; was probably something close to that because WSU was 7-6 last year and scraped by Idaho last week.

Weren't the Gophers 30+ favorites against BGSU? That's how sports gambling works.

Seems to me that SP+ isn't as solid early in the year as it is later.....when enough results are in. They would have known that Wisconsin is worse than a middling Pac-12 team. Oh well.

Same shit every year. Play 2 teams that couldn’t beat Eden prairie and everyone is supposed to fall down and touch themselves. Let’s play a few real teams before we decide we go to Indy to get killed by Ohio state.
Are you visiting here from Facebook or the StarTribune comments section?

You have named yourself “Live in the Now” and are telling us we have to wait until we can have fun with this. Now that is rich.

You have named yourself “Live in the Now” and are telling us we have to wait until we can have fun with this. Now that is rich.
His parents gave him that name. Blame them!

It was done as a joke. I just love college ball and some good banter. Not a Facebook guy and haven’t been on the star trib ever. I used to be a pioneer press guy when we got the paper.

He's a wiscy fan and when we beat them last year and they lost last week had the urge to get on here to try to diminish our fun.

There are a few lower Top 25 teams that could easily go down like Penn St., Ol Miss, Oregon, and Texas A&M. That would help their chances to crack the Top 25.

He's a wiscy fan and when we beat them last year and they lost last week had the urge to get on here to try to diminish our fun.
I’ll be here for the season. Probably congratulating the gophers fans on winning the west based on what I’ve seen from the rest of the teams. Before I signed up I was a long time lurker just didn’t post.

The line for the Wisconsin game changed by more than a touchdown from last week to this week. Are you trying to say that the predicted SP+ line after week two for a game more than two months out is accurate?

lol....no. Get help.
Hey look what the line is two months later... get help.

Hey look what the line is two months later... get help.

A) You're really petty enough that you waited around to bump this thread two months later?
B) It sounds like the line is between 2.5 and 3. Which isn't close to the 10 that you posted....which makes this victory lap of yours even more embarrassing.

You don't need help. You need a friend or two.

A) You're really petty enough that you waited around to bump this thread two months later?
B) It sounds like the line is between 2.5 and 3. Which isn't close to the 10 that you posted....which makes this victory lap of yours even more embarrassing.

You don't need help. You need a friend or two.
Child, the line we discussed was 3. Wanker.

The line for the Wisconsin game changed by more than a touchdown from last week to this week. Are you trying to say that the predicted SP+ line after week two for a game more than two months out is accurate?

lol....no. Get help.
I'm saying that if they were going to play the game in Camp Randall on Saturday, Gophers +3 is a completely reasonable line.

Last edited:

Child, the line we discussed was 3. You're a moron.

"I'm saying that if they were going to play the game in Camp Randall on Saturday, Gophers +3 is a completely reasonable line."

The original SP+ line that I disputed back then was +10. Or did you forget that as you rushed in here to embarrass yourself? Can't imagine holding onto a grudge for two months....just to bring it back up and look like a total fool for a second time.

You need some friends AND some help.

The original SP+ line that I disputed back then was +10. Or did you forget that as you rushed in here to embarrass yourself? Can't imagine holding onto a grudge for two months....just to bring it back up and look like a total fool for a second time.

You need some friends AND some help.
Literally read the thread. Should go dig up your "Gophers will be 12-0" tirade as well.

I'm disappointed I managed to click on this thread two months later...

Literally read the thread. Should go dig up your "Gophers will be 12-0" tirade as well.

I did. You posted SP+ showing the Gophers as ten point dogs. I said that SP+ from a couple weeks is a terrible measure for games that wouldn't be played for a couple months. The lines have changed. Your willingness to throw a temper tantrum over them hasn't.

Top Bottom