Wow huge day for Gophers, only undefeated B10 West team, ranked this week?

Don’t think they’ll be ranked.
Texas will jump them.

“they” will say we beat HS teams the first 2 weeks and next week Colorado is another HS team. Once we beat MSU, we’ll be ranked since they are.

Unfortunately there is a downside to the B1G West looking like it will be horribly weak this year. If the Gophers win the division and are looking at computer rankings to help, the SOS will likely be one of the weakest in Power 5 since all the OOC opponents are incredibly weak.

I just wish all these losses were conference games.

Ranked #1 in the Big Ten West. That's about it.

We better get more votes in the next polls than the Badgers, we would in a just World!

Unfortunately there is a downside to the B1G West looking like it will be horribly weak this year. If the Gophers win the division and are looking at computer rankings to help, the SOS will likely be one of the weakest in Power 5 since all the OOC opponents are incredibly weak.
Who cares?

So? I want to see the Gophers play in a Rose Bowl!

Also a transfer portal Gopher was instrumental in defeating I-O-W-A today. Sweet...

I always want B1G schools to win games until the B1G play each other. I don't want to win West going against teams others consider soft. I would rather we win and win against a division others feel is good. However, I do feel that WI and IA are just showing their true colors this year. I really think there is a chance for a 12-0 season. They are college kids but I really think we have the talent to do it. Michigan State game will be huge.

So? I want to see the Gophers play in a Rose Bowl!

If Minnesota wins all the games, regardless of how badly any or all of our opponents do, they will miss the Rose Bowl. They won't even get to play on New Year's Day. It will be the Peach Bowl or Fiesta Bowl for CFP semifinals.

The West is always soft just win baby!

If we win all our games, we will have all our goals in front of us - including the Rose Bowl or the CFP! It's great to see those pricks lose. Iowa offense looks unbelievably bad. Wisconsin appears pedestrian. I hope we run away with the West!

Somehow I don't think any, like ANY, of the previous B1G teams that won the West by feasting on crappy opponents cared that much about it on their way to playing for the B1G Title. It's happened more often than not, like most years honestly.

Control what you can control, don't worry about anything else.

Really weak division this year you have to take advantage of that at some point...

Same shit every year. Play 2 teams that couldn’t beat Eden prairie and everyone is supposed to fall down and touch themselves. Let’s play a few real teams before we decide we go to Indy to get killed by Ohio state.

I always want B1G schools to win games until the B1G play each other. I don't want to win West going against teams others consider soft. I would rather we win and win against a division others feel is good. However, I do feel that WI and IA are just showing their true colors this year. I really think there is a chance for a 12-0 season. They are college kids but I really think we have the talent to do it. Michigan State game will be huge.

Nonsense. I ALWAYS want Iowa and Wisconsin to lose. Considering that the Gophers have had decades of middling to downright bad teams.....including several stretches of being one of the worst power five teams.....I would absolutely love for the Hawkeyes and/or Badgers to hit a skid and be terrible for a while. Their disaster would be the Gophers gain.

If Minnesota wins all the games, regardless of how badly any or all of our opponents do, they will miss the Rose Bowl. They won't even get to play on New Year's Day. It will be the Peach Bowl or Fiesta Bowl for CFP semifinals.

Sure.....but the Gophers would still have to play the winner of the East.

Really weak division this year you have to take advantage of that at some point...

Not to mention that the Gophers may very well have their best team in decades.

Hey man, just live in the now and enjoy it.
I cheer for the gophers every game ex for the badgers, I don’t hate Minnesota because for so many years there wasn’t even a rivalry, not being condescending but until pj it was something like 2 wins in 20 years. I’m just saying let’s take a breath and play an actual team before it’s off to Indy.

We should win the B1G West once before we care about how others view the West we win.

I cheer for the gophers every game ex for the badgers, I don’t hate Minnesota because for so many years there wasn’t even a rivalry, not being condescending but until pj it was something like 2 wins in 20 years. I’m just saying let’s take a breath and play an actual team before it’s off to Indy.
Ohhhhh.... You're a Badger fan. Rough day.

Baseball ends when football starts.
Twins season was over before it started when they did nothing to fix their pitching staff.

But I agree for the most part. Except for a few seasons I pretty much tune out baseball once gopher football starts....and I'm a twins season ticket holder.

Top Bottom