Wow huge day for Gophers, only undefeated B10 West team, ranked this week?

Same shit every year. Play 2 teams that couldn’t beat Eden prairie and everyone is supposed to fall down and touch themselves. Let’s play a few real teams before we decide we go to Indy to get killed by Ohio state.
Every year we play two teams that couldn't beat Eden Prairie, just like every Power 5 team does. More often than not we win 17-10 or something. This feels different. But you're right, we won't know for two weeks.

I always want B1G schools to win games until the B1G play each other. I don't want to win West going against teams others consider soft. I would rather we win and win against a division others feel is good. However, I do feel that WI and IA are just showing their true colors this year. I really think there is a chance for a 12-0 season. They are college kids but I really think we have the talent to do it. Michigan State game will be huge.
How many beers have you had? 12-0. That’s hilarious

“they” will say we beat HS teams the first 2 weeks and next week Colorado is another HS team. Once we beat MSU, we’ll be ranked since they are.
Gophers will be ranked before MSU game to help hype the match up.

I’ll have you know that I did NOT fall down!
Lol. Some funny dudes on here. I’ve always really liked the Minnesota gopher fans. Had tons of fun with them over the years because we live right on the border. Used to have season tickets for gopher hockey even

Every year we play two teams that couldn't beat Eden Prairie, just like every Power 5 team does. More often than not we win 17-10 or something. This feels different. But you're right, we won't know for two weeks.
And it’s not Minnesotas fault that Colorado is down so much. That program has Ben good from time to time to be fair.

There's not a single team on the schedule that the Gophers should be more than a touchdown dog to. In fact.....outside of Penn State......and maybe Michigan State.....the Gophers may very well be favored in every other game.
Yep and Wisconsin was favored at Minnesota last year and how did that work out. It’s college man, upsets every week, bowling green?

Yep and Wisconsin was favored at Minnesota last year and how did that work out. It’s college man, upsets every week, bowling green?

You have a point here? Minnesota is arguably better this year while Wisconsin pretty clearly looks worse. In 2019 the Gophers crossed over with Penn State and their only two losses were to Iowa and Wisconsin. Now.....I'm not betting that the Gophers will go 12-0. But there's nothing completely unrealistic about it. They may very well be favored in every game on the schedule outside of one or two games.

There's not a single team on the schedule that the Gophers should be more than a touchdown dog to. In fact.....outside of Penn State......and maybe Michigan State.....the Gophers may very well be favored in every other game.
SP+ implied lines for the rest of the Gopher schedule:
Colorado -27.3
@Michigan St. +5.0
Purdue -5.8
Illinois -9.8
@Penn St. +5.0
Rutgers -17.8
@Nebraska -1.3
Northwestern -19.7
Iowa -5.5
@Wisconsin +10.0

Three games that they won't be favored in, all on the road.

Worth nothing that the Gophers could be a touchdown favorite over the rest of their schedule and the odds of going 12-0 would be ~3%. It is _very_ hard to go undefeated.

You have a point here? Minnesota is arguably better this year while Wisconsin pretty clearly looks worse. In 2019 the Gophers crossed over with Penn State and their only two losses were to Iowa and Wisconsin. Now.....I'm not betting that the Gophers will go 12-0. But there's nothing completely unrealistic about it. They may very well be favored in every game on the schedule outside of one or two games.
And honestly they are probably just due. They have been close every year and pj has them playing better. It’s the great part of college ball, upsets and underdogs. I can tell you if they make it I’ll be cheering goldy. Fuk O$U

Colorado -27.3
@Michigan St. +5.0
Purdue -5.8
Illinois -9.8
@Penn St. +5.0
Rutgers -17.8
@Nebraska -1.3
Northwestern -19.7
Iowa -5.5
@Wisconsin +10.0

Worth nothing that the Gophers could be a touchdown favorite over the rest of their schedule and the odds of going 12-0 would be ~3%. It is _very_ hard to go undefeated.
This

Settle down boys and girls. Fun day, easy win against a soft creampuff.There are plenty of tough games on the horizon.

I would have preferred their 1st loses would have come at the hands of the Gophers!

Colorado -27.3
@Michigan St. +5.0
Purdue -5.8
Illinois -9.8
@Penn St. +5.0
Rutgers -17.8
@Nebraska -1.3
Northwestern -19.7
Iowa -5.5
@Wisconsin +10.0

These numbers are absolutely worthless if they don't take this weeks results into consideration. In fact...two weeks into the season...there isn't nearly enough data to set these lines. Based upon what I've seen....Wisconsin will be nowhere near a ten point favorite. In fact...with how they looked today...Gophers could be favored. This is a worse Badgers team than the one the Gophers HANDLED this past year.

Anywho.... don't use worthless numbers to make a bad point.

Last edited:

Got home late! I was thinking of posting that today was like Christmas. I discovered that I am a closet Iowa State fan!

These numbers are absolutely worthless if they don't take this weeks results into consideration. In fact...two weeks into the season...there isn't nearly enough data to set these lines. Based upon what I've seen....Wisconsin will be nowhere near a ten point favorite. In fact...with how they looked today...Gophers could be favored. This is a worse Badgers team than the one the Gophers HANDLED this past year.

Okay fine, SP+ implied lines for the rest of the Gopher schedule, now that Week 2 results are included:
Colorado -31.7
@Michigan St. +4.8
Purdue -5.3
Illinois -9.9
@Penn St. +4.6
Rutgers -18.5
@Nebraska -6.4
Northwestern -25.6
Iowa -9.2
@Wisconsin +2.9

SP+ started the season expecting 8.5 wins and currently expects 8.9.

All good here. You will laugh at this but there is a cow loose in my yard right now. We just bought a farm and the neighbors cows are loose. Can’t make it up.
Curious, why the sudden urge to post a lot on the board?

I read on the badger board that this may be the first defense Leonhard has had that didn't include two nfl caliber middle linebackers. Should prove interesting to see how he has to alter (or fail to) his scheme to stay elite.

Okay fine, SP+ implied lines for the rest of the Gopher schedule, now that Week 2 results are included:
Colorado -31.7
@Michigan St. +4.8
Purdue -5.3
Illinois -9.9
@Penn St. +4.6
Rutgers -18.5
@Nebraska -6.4
Northwestern -25.6
Iowa -9.2
@Wisconsin +2.9

SP+ started the season expecting 8.5 wins and currently expects 8.9.

As I said....not more than a touchdown dog for the remainder of the schedule. Of course.....SP+ lines really doesn't mean much right now. Wisconsin dropped from 10 points to 2.9. This is why lines are set the week of the game and not at the beginning of the year.

As I said....not more than a touchdown dog for the remainder of the schedule. Of course.....SP+ lines really doesn't mean much right now. Wisconsin dropped from 10 points to 2.9. This is why lines are set the week of the game and not at the beginning of the year.
They're just as good as Vegas lines and, until last year, were able to pretty consistently beat Vegas so I tend to trust them as an accurate account of where things stand.

They're just as good as Vegas lines and, until last year, were able to pretty consistently beat Vegas so I tend to trust them as an accurate account of where things stand.

The line for the Wisconsin game changed by more than a touchdown from last week to this week. Are you trying to say that the predicted SP+ line after week two for a game more than two months out is accurate?

lol....no. Get help.

The line for the Wisconsin game changed by more than a touchdown from last week to this week. Are you trying to say that the predicted SP+ line after week two for a game more than two months out is accurate?

lol....no. Get help.
I'm saying that if they were going to play the game in Camp Randall on Saturday, Gophers +3 is a completely reasonable line.

I'm saying that if they were going to play the game in Camp Randall on Saturday, Gophers +3 is a completely reasonable line.

Ok. But the game isn't being played on Saturday. These numbers are being based on four games.....three of which have been played against far inferior opponents. The fact that the SP+ line moved by more than a touchdown from week one to week two shows how incomplete the information is at this point.

Top Bottom