Worst 3 brands of beer ever drank by you?........ ...................

froggopher

Reaction score
Okay, Many college football sites around the country are posting their 3 favorite beers. So what! Let's here about your 3 worst beers and the terrible aftermath of overindulging on cheap, lousy, horrid tasting beer when we were all on strict budgets or worse! My 3 worst beers were Fox Deluxe, Hauenstein and Pfieffers! Guaranteed to make you sicker than absolute hell! But we still drank them at Mankato State University. Go Gophers!

1) Pigs Eye: Brewed in La Crosse and by far the worst bear I have ever drank. It was dirt cheap but I could hardly stomach it and that is saying a lot because I like crappy beer.
2) A new edition- Labat Blue Light Lime. Yeah, it sounds pretty pathetic that I even bought it, but it was recently 1.99 at Dinky liquors for 6 so I figured "what do I have to lose." I lost 2 dollars and the potential to have drank other beers. It was pathetic.
3) Gluek Ice. That was so unbelievably bad that I can't even explain it in words. It was atrocious.

I actually did not hate Hauenstein. I could stomach it.

Leinie's Honey Weiss, Leinie's Original, & Leinie's Red.

Blatz Light, Buckhorn, Milwaukee Best Light.

hackstein! a kid in college would always grab that. man, so awful.

You have to broaden your scope, there are/were some just awful regional brews. Olympia, Lone Star, and Jax are my bottom 3.

Any beer with the name Lite or similar name. I have never drank piss but this is what I imagine it would taste like!

1. Miller Lite 2. Hamm's (in fairness, the one I drank was probably an old can, but it was terrible) 3. Lowenbrau (sp?)

Past 'best if used by' date Landmark Light. Was brewed by same people as Pigs Eye, but Pigs Eye was their 'premium' beer.

1) Spotted Cow (or anything from New Glarus micro-brews) - Horrible, horrible stuff. The worst after taste. Ever.
2) Red Dog - Probably didn't help the only time I drank this stuff was when it was warm and in a can (I almost never touched beer in a can).
3) I'd probably say Miller High Life - First beer I ever really started drinking. And at the time I liked it, somewhat. When my tastes gotten more refined, and tried the 'Champaign of Beers' again and I gagged.

I left Guiness out because that's just a taste factor vs. truly skunky beer.

And for giggles, I'm going to add my favorite tasting beers I've ever had:

1) Molson Canadian 1/4 barrel - The best tap beer I've ever had.
2) Bud Light - Simplicity and taste. The basic beer I drank.
3) Moose Drool - Micro ale/beer from Big Sky brewery. I ALWAYS recommend it.

Busch Light, Milwaukee's Best Light, and Natty Light. Every college party I stumbled my way through had a warm keg of one of these.

The Pride of Cincinnati!

1. Hudepohl Gold. Late 1980's. Used to pick it up from Surdyk's if I was heading home for the weekend. The joke was that "Hudy Gold" came in a thermal can, because no matter how cold you made it, it still tasted like warm pi$$. Seriously, you could not get it cold, even after 2 hours on ice. Beauty was that you could pick it up for under $3 for a 12'er. Good times, good times!

2. Pabst. Just good old fashioned bad.

3. Natural Light. Natty Lite-tasted better when being vomited up than going down.

1) Spotted Cow (or anything from New Glarus micro-brews) - Horrible, horrible stuff. The worst after taste. Ever.
2) Red Dog - Probably didn't help the only time I drank this stuff was when it was warm and in a can (I almost never touched beer in a can).
3) I'd probably say Miller High Life - First beer I ever really started drinking. And at the time I liked it, somewhat. When my tastes gotten more refined, and tried the 'Champaign of Beers' again and I gagged.

I left Guiness out because that's just a taste factor vs. truly skunky beer.

And for giggles, I'm going to add my favorite tasting beers I've ever had:

1) Molson Canadian 1/4 barrel - The best tap beer I've ever had.
2) Bud Light - Simplicity and taste. The basic beer I drank.
3) Moose Drool - Micro ale/beer from Big Sky brewery. I ALWAYS recommend it.
Spotted Cow & Guiness are on you worst list, and Molson & Bud Light are on your best? Shirley, you can't be serious.

Schlitz, Black Label, Fox Deluxe, Schell ( I know you only asked for 3 but these ALL suck)

Strohs, Special X and Mickeys...All pathetic excuses for cheap beer.

Spotted Cow & Guiness are on you worst list, and Molson & Bud Light are on your best? Shirley, you can't be serious.

I'm not Shirley. But I am serious. As serious as the internet.

Buckhorn, once poured out a bottle and large dark chunks came out in my glass.
Natty Ice, worst headache I've ever had.
Blatz, the next day splatz. Nuff said.
In my Mankato St days, we would buy a couple cases of good beer, like Old Milwaukee, and one case of cheap beer. I had some nasty stuff. Before Schells was considered "craft" beer, they put out some nasty stuff.

I also need to include my 2nd trio of horrible beers.
1. Anything brewed in Wisconsin.
2. Anything brewed by Leinie's (see No. 1)
3. Buckhorn ( Is this crap brewed in Wisconsin too?) Yuck!!!

Okay, Many college football sites around the country are posting their 3 favorite beers. So what! Let's here about your 3 worst beers and the terrible aftermath of overindulging on cheap, lousy, horrid tasting beer when we were all on strict budgets or worse! My 3 worst beers were Fox Deluxe, Hauenstein and Pfieffers! Guaranteed to make you sicker than absolute hell! But we still drank them at Mankato State University. Go Gophers!

Pigs-Eye LEAN... This is the most horrid *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# that has ever touched my lips and I have tasted some nasty things in my time but we're talking only beer here. I won't even bother with #2 & #3 because LEAN makes everything else a very distant 2nd.

Okay, My 3rd trio of crappy beers-
1. Schlitz-Carbonated water that gives you one hell of a hangover!
2. Special X-Ever drank turpentine before? This *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# is damn close!
3. Lowenstein- That figures, another Wisconsin beer! Danger! Toxic waste!

We went through a phase where it was somehow "cool" to drink 40s. Olde English, St. Ides, Mickeys. Never again.

1) Guiness Black Lager is terrible
2) Leine's Berryweiss
3) PBR is not very good but the hate for it bubbles over as it has been adopted by hipster *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# bags as their beer of choice

Schlitz, Pfieffers, Buckhorn (current disgust - Bud Platinum)

1) Sterling - a grad school favorite; IIRC $1.99 a case
2) Billy Beer
3) Stroh's

Top Bottom