World Cup Qualifiers

Full Speed Ahead

Reaction score
As far as Canada goes, they've already played the U.S and Mexico,
We haven't even finished the first half yet. Canada plays Mexico again in Nov and the USA in January. Any injuries or card accumulation is going to cause them a lot of issues. I'm hoping they do come in third, but they'll need some luck on the injury front (not getting injured) to make that happen.

Full Speed Ahead

Reaction score
Pepi is the man. He's our best striker, and he's young.

We have a lot of talented midfielders.

This should be a fun team to follow for the next 5 years.

It hasn't been fun to follow for the last 5 years.
I'm guessing Zardes will see a lot of action in tomorrow's game, which is good. Going three games in a row is too much for Pepi. Plus I think Zardes matches up well in this game, a more physical presence on the field.

Fleckoff

Reaction score
After a poor showing in Panama, U.S gets a much needed three points at home against Costa Rica. Was hoping for seven points in this window, but will settle for six. Mexico getting all nine points makes that showdown a must win at home if we want to win the Table. Canada putting the beat down on Panama I think solidifies them as a top three team, as they also went and got results in Mexico and the U.S Speaking of Panama, getting all three points vs the U.S was big for them, I think they will have the inside track for the fourth spot. Jamaica going into Honduras and winning and getting a draw vs Canada finally showed some signs of life.

GP GD Pts
Mexico 6 +7 14
USA 6 +5 11
Canada 6 +6 10
Panama 6 0 8
Costa Rica 6 -1 6
Jamaica 6 -4 5
El Salvador 6 -5 5
Honduras 6 -8 3

Fleckoff

Reaction score
We haven't even finished the first half yet. Canada plays Mexico again in Nov and the USA in January. Any injuries or card accumulation is going to cause them a lot of issues. I'm hoping they do come in third, but they'll need some luck on the injury front (not getting injured) to make that happen.
They do, but they get both those teams at home the second time around, as anyone knows at this stage, it's a lot more difficult to get results on the road and Canada went into the two toughest countries in the group and got draws. The way to look at it is Mexico will have to go to both Columbus and Toronto in November, it would be like making LSU come to Minnesota for a November game. I agree they need to stay healthy, but the advantage Canada has is they've gotten the two road games with the US and Mexico out of the way and came away with points in both.

Top Bottom