Wiscy Game Canceled

It sucks that the longest-played rivalry streak will be broken. But playing Wiscy was going to be ugly enough if we were healthy. Doing it down 20 guys would have been a nightmare.
I think this was a fun bit of trivia at one time, but now I'm like "meh". Everyone knows we've played each other for a very long time and it doesn't diminish the history. The only ones that really care are the game announcers so they can say stuff like "the longest rivalry streak in college football, blah, blah, blah". Again, it's all about making announcers less annoying.

I wonder if the gophers play again in 2020

Let's end a 113 year uninterrupted series for a flu that most people don't even know they have until a test tells them they have it until a second test tells them they don't have it. What a ridiculous season, in a ridiculous year, filled with ridiculous people.

Let's end a 113 year uninterrupted series for a flu that most people don't even know they have until a test tells them they have it until a second test tells them they don't have it. What a ridiculous season, in a ridiculous year, filled with ridiculous people.
On the presumption that your post was not an ill advised attempt at sarcasm but was made in ignorance I would like to clear up some lies that you wrote.
It is not influenza. The virus is not the same. The Cove -19 virus is magnitudes more infectious and lethal.
The tests are not perfect because Dear Leader did not want testing done at all so there was no Federal initiative to develop a fast, accurate set like Germany had in February.
It is hard to argue with your last sentence since 80 million people voted for someone who botched the Federal response to the virus.

going into this week, 8 of 14 B1G teams had played all their scheduled games. With the Gophers this week, that makes 7 of 14 teams that have not missed a game.

if more games had been missed, I could see the B1G using week #9 as a make-up week.

Hey, I suppose it's possible that they use week #9 to play the East Champ vs West Champ as a de facto Conference Championship game, and use the rest of the schedule to try and make up games lost due to covid. But, what happens to teams that didn't lose games? also depends on whether the canceled games were in the division or cross-division games.

It would make for a real scheduling challenge.

But given a choice between making up the OSU-Maryland game, or having OSU and NW play in the cross-over championship game, I think it's pretty clear what the B1G would choose.

right now, I put the odds of MN playing WI this year at about 10-15%. wouldn't bet on it.

For sure. Let’s just play and spread it. It’s not like there is a global economic and health catastrophe or anything.

going into this week, 8 of 14 B1G teams had played all their scheduled games. With the Gophers this week, that makes 7 of 14 teams that have not missed a game.

if more games had been missed, I could see the B1G using week #9 as a make-up week.

Hey, I suppose it's possible that they use week #9 to play the East Champ vs West Champ as a de facto Conference Championship game, and use the rest of the schedule to try and make up games lost due to covid. But, what happens to teams that didn't lose games? also depends on whether the canceled games were in the division or cross-division games.

It would make for a real scheduling challenge.

But given a choice between making up the OSU-Maryland game, or having OSU and NW play in the cross-over championship game, I think it's pretty clear what the B1G would choose.

right now, I put the odds of MN playing WI this year at about 10-15%. wouldn't bet on it.
Id out the odds of the game being played at less than 15% too
But if the gophers play another game I would put the odds at at least 50% it is the Wisconsin game the last week. I think there is only a 25-30% chance the gophers play again though.

Zero percent chance northwestern is played.
Small chance of nebraska.
Larger chance the week after Nebraska than the Nebraska week. But less than 50% that week too.

shut up. go back to oann or newsmax. sick of this shit on this board.

Top Bottom