Wiscy Game Canceled

I do think they should make up cancelled games as much as possible with week 9. No one wants to see MN-Rutgers or Wisconsin-Maryland that much.

But millions are clamoring to see MD/MSU, Penn State/IL, NE/Rutgers and Purdue/Michigan?

No repeat games

more cancelations would make it even easier for there to be division games that last Week IMO

Wisconsin has now missed division games against Mn, Purdue, and Nebraska
Maryland has missed Ohio state and Michigan state (Ohio state is going to be in conference title game).

It would have to be. You purposed 5 out 7 games being crossovers.

But millions are clamoring to see MD/MSU, Penn State/IL, NE/Rutgers and Purdue/Michigan?
Certainly not. With all the cancellations, bag the divisional thing outside of the championship and make up the best cancelled games you can.

Certainly not. With all the cancellations, bag the divisional thing outside of the championship and make up the best cancelled games you can.

we may end up playing Penn State in an anticlimactic sporting event rivaled only by this year’s OSU Michigan tilt

completely on board with making sure there is an Axe game

It would have to be. You purposed 5 out 7 games being crossovers.
What would have to be repeats?
I would assume they don’t want repeat games.
The suggested I gave have zero repeat games.

I am not understanding what you’re saying is wrong with the match ups I proposed:

1 northwestern vs 1 Ohio state
3 Iowa vs 2 Indiana
2 Wisconsin vs 5 Minnesota
3 Maryland vs 6 Michigan state
4 Purdue vs 4 Michigan
6 Rutgers vs 7
7 penn state vs 6 Illinois

None of those are repeat games. The following division games will still be not played this year in that scenario:
Purdue vs Wisconsin
Maryland vs Ohio state (can’t happen due to Ohio state in championship)
Wisconsin vs Nebraska

Damn Covid19. Just don't want many more of the players to get it. Stinking contagious disease.

"Millions clamoring" brings back memories of Tim Brewster's press release about Minnesota vs. Kansas in the Insight Bowl. :cool:

We could play Wisconson in our New Year's bowl game, keep it all within a B1G bubble.

I am not understanding what you’re saying is wrong with the match ups I proposed:

3 Iowa vs 2 Indiana
4 Purdue vs 4 Michigan
6 Rutgers vs 7

None of those are repeat games. The following division games will still be not played this year in that scenario:
Purdue vs Wisconsin
Wisconsin vs Nebraska

Didn't say anything about "repeats"? Just that the Crossover Week games you proposed would now include 2 Non-Crossover games.

As mentioned before we've got a few weeks of games that may include more cancellations. How knows what it will look like then.

Didn't say anything about "repeats"? Just that the Crossover Week games you proposed would now include 2 Non-Crossover games.

As mentioned before we've got a few weeks of games that may include more cancellations. How knows what it will look like then.
I have no idea what the tv deal with crossovers are

I would imagine the network would rather have some rivalry games if available.

I dont want to be the bear of bad news but theres a decent chance we wont be playing for awhile, rumor is the oline has a bunch of cases.
If true, it should surprise no one. Callahan being out for Purdue meant there was a good chance of an OL already having it and infecting coach, and/or then coach infecting other OL.

Exactly why they should keep Minnesota-Wisconsin. Why are you insisting it shouldn't happen? Strange.

3 Iowa vs 2 Indiana
4 Purdue vs 4 Michigan
6 Rutgers vs 7

Purdue vs Wisconsin
Wisconsin vs Nebraska
For this schedule, barring weird TV contracts, I think 2 things would need to fall into place:

1. wisconsin would have to turn down playing Maryland (which I think could happen)
2. Maryland has to be ok playing Michigan State (that seems way less likely)

I just don't think this happens unless the conference decides it wants to keep rivalry games intact. I think its more likely this is the matchup:

1 Northwestern vs 1 Ohio State
2 Wisconsin vs (3 or 4) Maryland
3 Iowa vs 2 Indiana
4 Purdue vs (3 or 4) Michigan
5 Minnesota vs 5 Rutgers
6 Illinois vs 7 Penn State
7 Nebraska vs 6 Michigan State

Exactly why they should keep Minnesota-Wisconsin. Why are you insisting it shouldn't happen? Strange.

Don't think I've posted that. Just that it's too early to make that decision now. That and nearly anything that we've came-up with on here has looked like it's just designed to get a MN/WI game played regardless of any other situation or schools involved.

You couldn't understand that huh?

Strange.

Hopefully they pivot how they do the final week matchups for the teams not in the championship game. Would suck for this to be the way the streak of consecutive years played ends.
I’ll still claim it counted. Probably few will agree with me. But I don’t care. Asterisk years don’t count.

Forget the east and west. Need to do a championship style one day deal. At the end of the year, top 2 go head to head, next two etc. Better record gets the home field.

It sucks to see the streak likely break but this would have been an ugly game and it's great to make it even harder for Wisconsin to make the championship game.

I hope they change the format of the final week so this game can still happen then. This game would get much better TV ratings and draw more attention than meaningless crossover games. It would be different if either Minnesota or Wisconsin were doing really well but both will have 4 wins at best going into the crossover game.

Maybe we could send the players to a pod in Nebraska for the month of January and get in a few more games for each team other than OSU if they are in the cfp.

Look - the B1G is not going to change its plans to accommodate the MN-WI rivalry.

their policy is clear. games lost to covid will not be rescheduled.

And I, for one, have no desire to watch WI beat up MN, just so some fans can proclaim that this great rivalry streak continues.

I would rather see the Gophers play a winnable game against MSU, PSU or Rutgers.

Personally, I don’t want to see Minnesota vs Wisconsin until both teams are healthy. I give credit to the Gophers playing against Purdue, but 22 players out is a tough feat to field a squad.

Would have been a complete and utter drubbing but very sad to see it canceled. The sham of a season continues.

Look - the B1G is not going to change its plans to accommodate the MN-WI rivalry.

And I, for one, have no desire to watch WI beat up MN, just so some fans can proclaim that this great rivalry streak continues.

I would rather see the Gophers play a winnable game against MSU, PSU or Rutgers.
Weren't they also clear that the conference basketball tournament would have fans back in March? Or that the season was still on back in August? Or that the decision to postpone the season wouldn't be revisited back in September?

The conference changes previous decisions as things change. If they didn't, they wouldn't have made a protocol for canceling games and we wouldn't be talking about this.

The B1G needs to make the game happen during championship weekend. The crossovers are just intriguing games, and long-time rivalries should be preserved wherever possible.

It wouldn’t be a reschedule.

you are correct. There is a zero percent chance of a reschedule.

There is a chance of any number of things happening the week that the currently Unscheduled games are scheduled

Top Bottom