Wisconsin versus Minnesota, The Biggest Game in my Gopher Lifetime

Honestly, if the receivers can still catch the ball, then the passing game can have an advantage in that kind of weather on the basis that the defense is slower and apt to slip. The receivers will have the speed/directional advantage in an open field. The key, then, is getting the ball there for them to catch.

This game is huge. Gophers under Fleck seem to play better in big games than in games against lesser opponents. I hope that continues this coming Saturday.

We've all had the dream. A Gopher game at the end of a regular season with something on the line. Next Saturday, November 30, 2019, a day that will live in our collective memories forever the Gophers have the opportunity to reach heights we only dreamed about, and certainly never told anyone except our best friends. I'm so happy to be a Gopher fan tonight. I'm so proud of this team. What a moment for me to be alive.
We usually go to garbage games during non conference schedule. This will be the biggest Gopher game I’ve ever been to. Super excited!! (I have 2 extra tickets in 209 row 8 @ face value if anyone looking). #rtb #skiumah

I am willing to put a dent into the checking account for this one.

Honestly, if the receivers can still catch the ball, then the passing game can have an advantage in that kind of weather on the basis that the defense is slower and apt to slip. The receivers will have the speed/directional advantage in an open field. The key, then, is getting the ball there for them to catch.

This game is huge. Gophers under Fleck seem to play better in big games than in games against lesser opponents. I hope that continues this coming Saturday.

For as good as Taylor is he has also lost 3 fumbles in the last 2 games. Can survive that against teams like Purdue and Nebraska, he does that against us and it could be a very different story.

Huge Game. I hate to wish time away, but it can’t come soon enough.

I know I'm in the minority on this - but I just want to sound a note of caution. The higher you get before a game, the farther you have to fall if things don't turn out the way you want.

yes, there are huge rewards for the Gophers with a win. And I want them to win.

I'm just cautioning people to keep some perspective. If the Gophers don't win, it will not be the end of the world. They will still have a really good season and should play in a New Year's Day bowl. That is better than a lot of people predicted before the season.

So, as I see it, it's not a case of win=historic season, loss=pit of despair.
it's more a case of win=historic season, loss=still a really d*mn good season.

So, as I see it, it's not a case of win=historic season, loss=pit of despair.
it's more a case of win=historic season, loss=still a really d*mn good season.

Outside of a couple delusional posters I can't really see anyone disagreeing with your last statement. The sky is falling crowd is at an all time low right now.

A loss to Wisconsin would be really disappointing in the way any loss to Wisconsin is disappointing but it certainly wouldn't undo what has been a great season to this point.

No mystery in what Wisconsin is going to try and do. Rossi and the D need to keep Taylor in check as much as possible and then we go see if our offense can put enough points on the board to make things miserable for them. They have not been nearly as dominant away from the friendly confines of Camp Randall this season.

I predict Mo will have a bigger role in this predicted weather, since he’s less reliant on making cuts and outside zone than the others, and he’s probably the toughest to bring down. Bring in the 6 O-linemen plus TE package and feed Mo. He had a good game against them last season.

This. The typical assumption with bad weather is that it favors the run game and hurts the aerial game. Is that really true? I would love to hear some thoughts from former players here-especially receivers and QBs.

Row the toboggan. Or get the hockey team to do it again.
View attachment 6569
Love this idea! The plow should make a really huge snow pile on one end of the field. Then make a shute for a toboggan run. Fleck rides the toboggan to usher in the team. Or, even better, Fleck and his wife is riding on a sleigh dressed in a maroon and gold Santa suit pulled by a team of reindeer or Clydesdale horses! Team follows behind. First few guys are carrying huge sacks of gifts slung over their shoulders (Maroon sacks, of course). It would be epic.

Can give out 50,000 free gold beanie hats.

Can give out 50,000 free gold beanie hats.
I'd love one of those Bomber Hats with the fur ear flaps.
273204_888_41

Last edited:

Maybe some group can organize the world's largest snowman contest. I'd say world's largest snowball fight, but you don't want to start a riot between Gophers and Badgers fans.

G@@zer/G@@zette Alert!

This game is epic! But, it can also be the game to end all literally.

Know where all your pills are. Have a hospital bag ready just in case. Don't eat a heart attack breakfast.
Pay some kids to shovel or snowblow.

Leave the Mr./Mrs. alone. You don't want a coronary literally before the game of your lifetime.

In the event that you "croaked" ?, leave a directive that they have you smiling when they prep you for viewing.

In all serious, enjoy the game and relax! Win or lose, it is only the beginning of a new Gopher Era!

Happy Thanksgiving! ?

Is this the year that we pardon Patrick, Sarah Palin Style?

Last edited:

For the biggest game I hope they go FULL BANANA!!!!!!

It's really fun to read all these comments. We Gopher fans have been waiting a long time for this.

This. The typical assumption with bad weather is that it favors the run game and hurts the aerial game. Is that really true? I would love to hear some thoughts from former players here-especially receivers and QBs.

On the contrary, if the six-man line can protect TM, he may be deadly with the quick accurate passes. Penn State had a hard time getting to TM because the ball has left his hand before they can get to him. He can dink and donk all day with short passes, and mix in the run with Mo as the featured back especially in the second half when defenses are tired.

And then, a couple of blown coverages and RS & TJ can be deadly.

We can't underplay the Badgers either with Jonathan Taylor, Quentez Cyphus, and their defense either. They have their set of weapons too. This is Big Ten Football!

This is going to be the game of the decade for the national media! People will be talking about this game for years. What a way to introduce Gopher Football and Big Ten Football to the nation.

For a possible Big Ten West title, I expect nothing other than Chrome Gold, Maroon, Gold for a traditional look.

Tom Brady is the ultimate clutch (“dink and dunk” to his detractors) passer. Morgan is establishing his own legend as a passer as I wrote this. Big time players make big time plays despite the conditions. Behold the snow bowl!

Last edited:

I just woke up from a dream. A bad dream. Our kicker missed a fg to lose the game. I was on the couch watching. I know this won't come true becuse the game isn't in Wisconsin and I will be in the stadium watching. The relief I felt was strong when I realized it was just a dream. This is a pretty good indication that this is the biggest game of my life as a fan. I don't know if I can wait till Sat.

Perhaps they can have one of these delivered to the practice facility this week. We know PJ likes simulating predicted weather.

Whoa.jpg

I predict Mo will have a bigger role in this predicted weather, since he’s less reliant on making cuts and outside zone than the others, and he’s probably the toughest to bring down. Bring in the 6 O-linemen plus TE package and feed Mo. He had a good game against them last season.

He had more yards that their running back..what's his name...in that game..

I said forecast from Tuesday through Sat. night

I just looked at the Weather Channel app again.

Tuesday night 3-5 inches

Thursday - less than one inch.

Friday - 1 inch

Friday night - 3-5 inches

Saturday - 3-5 inches

Saturday night 1-3 inches.

It doesn’t say anything about slush.

Of course, I was extra cautious, since I knew Gopherhole would challenge my math if I was off, but I guess you could argue it’s actually 11.01 - 19.99 inches, since they are forecasting less than one inch for Thursday.:)

As someone who works in media, this is not only completely inaccurate, it's reckless. There's a reason we don't see projected snow totals until 24-48 hours before it arrives, forecasts change constantly.

I'm not sure snow, unless we get more than a few inches, impacts the Gophers much. Morgan will still throw and the Gophers have 2 NFL wide receivers. Wisconsin's defense is for sure without 1 starter in the secondary for the first half, and maybe 3 with 2 guys out hurt.

It comes down to Taylor. Contain him, Gophers win by roughly 10.

Top Bottom