Wisconsin targeting Luke Fickell

I think it’s easier to win at a high level in the big ten at wisconsin than it is to win at a high level in the big 12 at Cincinnati

Especially in an era we are entering where 4th in the big ten might get you in the playoff
I just figured he would stay put, make his $5 million, and wait another year or two for OSU to open up

I just figured he would stay put, make his $5 million, and wait another year or two for OSU to open up
OSU turned him down before. No guarantee they give it to him next time. Especially if he peaked in 2021

Why do a few here think OSU will get rid of Day? He’s 45-5 (31-2 B1G) in 5 seasons. And ranked was ranked number 2 in nation through 11 games. He’s not going anywhere unless someone offers him much more than OSU can pay.

Why do a few here think OSU will get rid of Day? He’s 45-5 (31-2 B1G) in 5 seasons. And ranked was ranked number 2 in nation through 11 games. He’s not going anywhere unless someone offers him much more than OSU can pay.

Because OSU fans are irrational and frustrated that they've lost to Michigan, and won't be the B1G champ two years in a row.

I'm also not sure why so many are convinced OSU would hire Fickell if that job did open up. They've had the opportunity to hire him full time twice and passed him over both times.

I don't think he's in any immediate danger (and he shouldn't be), but John Cooper left behind a couple of evil spirits that Day needs to exorcise. Cooper went 111-43-4 (and he had to rebuild the program a bit) but was 2-10-1 vs. Michigan and the Michigan results really mean a lot to the Buckeye faithful.

I said the same thing about 1-11 northwestern and was laughed at

What a conference!
Fitz has a really, really long leash. I think he is there until he doesn't want to be, and if it stays bad, he resigns with a nice package.

Simply saying people who expected Cincinnati to win the big 12 every year are nuts
Of course.

This year, they lose at UCF 21-25 and at home to Tulane 24-27. That's it. Win either of those, they're going back to Tulane this weekend for the Champ game.

But anyway, all moot now.

If Leonhard leaves I think this is a mistake by Wisconsin. If Leonhard stays it’s a step up from Chryst. If Leonhard leaves I predict he’ll be the head coach at WI within 7 years. I think Wisky made a mistake, a big mistake if Leonhard leaves.

You have to wonder if this doesn't lead to an exodus of players via the portal for Wisconsin.

You have to wonder if this doesn't lead to an exodus of players via the portal for Wisconsin.
Probably. That happens pretty much everywhere when a new coach is fired/hired now. I’d be pretty surprised if it didn’t lead to a fair amount of turnover. Any player best suited to the 3-4 is likely going elsewhere.

Probably. That happens pretty much everywhere when a new coach is fired/hired now. I’d be pretty surprised if it didn’t lead to a fair amount of turnover. Any player best suited to the 3-4 is likely going elsewhere.
Nick Herbig, come on down!

WI will become what Michigan State was, a transfer portal junkie hoping for a hit. If they find some they may be good. my thoughts are it will be bad next year, but recruiting success will keep WI fans hopeful.

Top Bottom