Wisconsin made a bold move, do we have the nerve to do the same?

It's a very interesting alternate universe to peer into if they do go 8-5, lose to PSU and PSU, lose a mid-major bowl game against a P5. Does Harbaugh get fired?

That would be a trend of going from 10-3, to 9-4, to 8-5, losing to OSU all three, probably losing bowl game all three.

I think he does. Wild guess
I don’t think he does.
Maybe he does.
If they did, they would’ve been wrong.

If they went 6-7 and fired him they would’ve been wrong

Well anyway ....

regardless of how "bold" it would be or wouldn't be, even if Fleck loses to Wisconsin, and we then play an absolutely meaningless Quick Lane bowl (it absolutely would be meaningless, I would expect several key players of ours to not play) .... he's not getting fired this year.

But next year would be warm seat.

I don’t think he does.
Maybe he does.
If they did, they would’ve been wrong.

If they went 6-7 and fired him they would’ve been wrong
Disagree, wild guess.

Regardless, the situation isn't really comparable for us.

Disagree

Regardless, the situation isn't really comparable for us.
If you think harbaugh should’ve been fired 2 years ago you clearly don’t get it.
Good coaches lose sometimes.
Michigan has been vindicated by having patience

If you think harbaugh should’ve been fired 2 years ago you clearly don’t get it.
Good coaches lose sometimes.
Michigan has been vindicated by having patience
This is just want you want to assert.

Nothing more. You have your opinion and are entitled to it.

This is just want you want to assert.

Nothing more. You have your opinion and are entitled to it.
Yeah true
You have your opinion and you are entitled to it

That doesn’t mean we are both right.
Michigan would’ve been straight up dumb to fire harbaugh

The new head coach would've came in last year and done exactly the same or even better.

:cool:

8 wins, but what a piss weak schedule. The 3 cupcakes to start, a weak MSU team, NW, Nebraska and Rutgers gimmes..........and a below average Iowa and Wisconsin team.

MSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, NW, are all down from where they have been. Rutgers sucks. Purdue was as average as it gets.

Good gawd, that should be 8 wins in your sleep.
Who’s MSU beat?

8 wins, but what a piss weak schedule. The 3 cupcakes to start, a weak MSU team, NW, Nebraska and Rutgers gimmes..........and a below average Iowa and Wisconsin team.

MSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, NW, are all down from where they have been. Rutgers sucks. Purdue was as average as it gets.

Good gawd, that should be 8 wins in your sleep.
All this really boils down to is that we should've beat Purdue and Iowa.

We absolutely should have. At home.

With the Pig safely back home, we roll into Madison, keep the axe, win the division, and get to go to Indy for maybe the only time in the foreseeable future, then go to the Citrus Bowl.

What could've and should've been ....

🙏 for a Wisconsin win the salvage a good season. "8 wins" from a Quick Lane bowl "win" over a MAC team, doesn't count for me.

See above posts

Chryst was their perfect HC candidate?? Lol no
Again, they wanted Chryst after Bert left but could not get him. As soon as they had the opportunity again, they hired him. Hometown boy, former QB, former highly successful OC. Were you under a rock when he was hired?

Hometown boy, former QB, former highly successful OC.
So?

Dumped him like a sack of trash.

I don't discount that he might've been seen as a good candidate for exactly the reasons you say. I agree with you, there. But self-evidently not a perfect candidate.

Coaches like Madison, Wisconsin, but hate Minneapolis, MN? Makes no sense to me ....
It should. Minneapolis is a huge city and the University sits right in the middle of it.

Newsflash, most high end football recruits don't come from huge cities. They don't want to live in the middle of a huge metro area and their parents don't want them there either. It is not super nice around dinkytown, have you been down there?

Newsflash, most high end football recruits don't come from huge cities. They don't want to live in the middle of a huge metro area and their parents don't want them there either.
Interesting! Yes, this is news to me.

LA?

Well, for the most point I agree - I'm not calling for PJ's head.... I'm just saying his recruiting has stagnated, his messaging is running its course, and his results are showing that. When I say "more of the same" I mean more seasons where we win 7-8 games. Sounds OK, but we can't always play 7 teams with a losing record 🤷‍♂️
At some point they will break though. They are a fumble and a terrible dropped pass from being 9-2 right now and warming up the bus to go to Indy. Had that happened people would be saying he is the best coach in the history of our program right now.

So?

Dumped him like a sack of trash.

I don't discount that he might've been seen as a good candidate for exactly the reasons you say. I agree with you, there. But self-evidently not a perfect candidate.
Barry would not have fired him. As Some Guy said, good coaches lose sometimes. It was a knee-jerk reaction from Wisc AD.

Barry would not have fired him. As Some Guy said, good coaches lose sometimes. It was a knee-jerk reaction from Wisc AD.
This is your guess, I have no idea if it's true or not. Not sure what I believe.

For all we know, Barry made the final decision behind closed doors, still pulling the strings, that he wanted Leonhard to take over the program, at all costs.

Feel free to say Occam's Razor, and that you and SG are right and that I'm being silly. Maybe. Maybe not.

This is your guess, I have no idea if it's true or not. Not sure what I believe.

For all we know, Barry made the final decision behind closed doors, still pulling the strings, that he wanted Leonhard to take over the program, at all costs.
Good grief, you had/have to be under a rock...do you realize how ridiculous this reads?

I don't believe this is correct.

You may have heard of a played named Tyler Johnson, from Minneapolis North? For one example.
Go and just look at see how many titles or even wins come from inner city. It comes down to money. People in the burbs have more of it, so they can take time and money and pump it into their kids training. Just look at where all the success is in almost every sport in this state alone.

Good grief, you had/have to be under a rock...do you realize how ridiculous this reads?
You're just wild guessing.

You have your opinion and are entitled to it. I will choose to believe what I choose to believe.

Barry hand picked the current AD to take over for him.

You're delusional or just being dishonest if you don't think that guy calls Barry at least once a week to consult with.

Barry picked Leonhard. I don't see how that's any kind of wild thing to think.

People responded similarly when we said the same thing about Glen Mason, Mrs. Fleck.

Besides, you didn’t answer the question: do you think Iowa or Wisconsin would tolerate the same results? Writer Gopher, not Reading Comprehension Gopher.
Iowa did when Wisconsin won 7/8 from 2010-2019, the only thing that kept it from being worst was Iowa avoiding two Rose Bowl squads in 2011 and 2012

Barry hand picked the current AD to take over for him.

You're delusional or just being dishonest if you don't think that guy calls Barry at least once a week to consult with.

Barry picked Leonhard. I don't see how that's any kind of wild thing to think.
Means a lot coming from you Mplsgopher. Barry handpicked Chryst. Stated Chryst was the first and only person he thought of hiring.

I haven't read through all eight pages of comments here, but firing Fleck would be ridiculous at this point. However, I don't see the program getting markedly better until the recruiting gets markedly better. If you recruit in the 7th to 12th place slot in the conference, you will likely have commensurate results. Slogans and culture only take you so far.

Barry handpicked Chryst. Stated Chryst was the first and only person he thought of hiring.
Dropped him like a sack of trash.

Barry approved decision.

Make up whatever you want to believe. You're doing it. Me too

I haven't read through all eight pages of comments here, but firing Fleck would be ridiculous at this point. However, I don't see the program getting markedly better until the recruiting gets markedly better. If you recruit in the 7th to 12th place slot in the conference, you will likely have commensurate results. Slogans and culture only take you so far.
You can't bootstrap wins with recruiting, at a place like Minnesota.

Not a thing.

Has to be the other way around.

Top Bottom