Wisconsin expected to hire Minnesota co-DC, cornerbacks coach Paul Haynes

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Matt:

Wisconsin is expected to hire Minnesota co-defensive coordinator and cornerbacks coach Paul Haynes, sources tell On3.

Haynes, a former head coach at Kent State, has also worked at places such as Michigan State, Arkansas and Ohio State.

Go Gophers!!

Did they hire a D-Coordinator yet? Would be a promotion if that's what the offer is.

Yeah, this is tough, but I guess the silver lining is that PJ now has the opportunity to make an even better hire?? At least that’s how I want to look at it.

"....Haynes has a history with Fickell, having coached with him at Ohio State from 2005-2011. This also isn’t the first time Haynes has left one Big Ten program for another, as he previously left Michigan State to take the same position at Minnesota."

I like Haynes a lot, he’s a good coach and has HC experience, and good track record with DBs. But I heard a lot of lamenting when Mo Linguist left the same position, so I trust they’ll find another good db coach.

First Fickells staff tried to poach one of our recruits via texts, now this. Fickell demonstrated what a stiff he is with lame halftime rouser during MN/WI game. Not sure what the attraction to go work for this guy would be as PJ has more charisma in his pinky finger. This rivalry is about to get even more intense, can’t wait for next year

Top Bottom