Why do we persist in supporting Jerry Kill as head football coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preseason? lol

OMG I cant believe I called games with one of the worst programs in FCS and a FBS team preseason. Obviously these games weren't scheduled as cupcakes to prepare for the Big Ten season.

For the third, and almost 4th year in a row the Gophers lost to a FBS team at home in the non-conference schedule. I can't believe I mistakenly said preseason, I'm such an idiot can I blame Brewster for that mistake?

Iowa was 7-5......Illinois was 6-6....Great teams. Amazing wins. Gophers probably should have been Big 10 champs based on those wins.

OMG I cant believe I called games with one of the worst programs in FCS and and a FBS team preseason. Obviously these games weren't scheduled as cupcakes to prepare for the Big Ten season.

For the third, and almost 4th year in a row the Gophers lost to a FBS team at home in the non-conference schedule. I can't believe I mistakenly said preseason, I'm such an idiot can I blame Brewster for that mistake?

Slow clapping....nice post.

Rarely does Vigen call a 5-10 yard passing play. Most of the time it is run on 1&2nd downs, pass 3rd. Tonight we saw a bit of the out routes to #4 Ryan Smith that caught the Gophers off guard.

How can Kill and the secondary prepare for something that they knew ever existed?

Vraa got hurt making a diving catch on an out route so there's at least 1 out route on tape, maybe thats the only one they ran all season.
I don't think Smith playing the most meaningful WR time in his career threw the Gophers off so much they didn't stand a chance. I will say that the Bison were less predictable throwing the ball in various scenarios, thats good coaching.

Simple fact is NDSU outplayed and out coached the Gophers.

Iowa was 7-5......Illinois was 6-6....Great teams. Amazing wins. Gophers probably should have been Big 10 champs based on those wins.

Agreed, but If we beat teams with comparable records this year I will be shocked.

The simple fact is NDSU is a better football team than the Gophers. Talent,coaching, or no, they are simply better. Sad. Truly sad. It these teams played 10 times, NDSU would certainly win at least 7.

Color me unimpressed with Kill thru 4 weeks. This team isn't losing because of lack of talent. They're losing because of a lack of effort and mental toughness and to say otherwise is complete hogwash. Kill may end up turning it around but right now it looks like another cheap hire from this vantage point. Nice guy though, something people didn't say about Brewster.

That was embarrassing tonight. NMST was the mulligan. NDSU was the honeymoon killer. Kill's job just got infinitely harder losing to 2 obviously inferior teams when the reasons for the losses were effort and mental toughness.

This is spot on. If you didn't know any better, you'd say that Brewster was still coaching this team. Same coachable mistakes -- two bad hand to the face pentalites tonight, constant offsides and false starts, two illegal formations last week, poor tackling. The end of the first half was unforgivable. Two inferior teams come in here and look like they gave Tom Brady a scholarship.

No, it's not time to turn on Kill. But what we're seeing is not simply a lack of talent.

Kill has been a total failure so far. How can you possibly argue that? 1-3. What else do you need to know? Doesn't matter who he took over for, or what type of players he has, etc... he has failed to beat two loser teams. Two teams that any coach in charge should have been able to beat. I hope he changes the future of the team, but anyone who has a positive outlook on his future is a weirdo.

What did people expect? He didn't bring anything to the table. He's a solid football coach, wow, hundreds of them out there. *yawn*

The thread full of failures. And no, I'm not talking about Coach Kill or any of the Minnesota Golden Gopher football players.

The thread full of failures. And no, I'm not talking about Coach Kill or any of the Minnesota Golden Gopher football players.

What is worse wanting to win or being like you and accepting losing? Also according to you if we got blown out by USC this loss would somehow be less bad. WE LOST TO A 1-AA TEAM AT HOME!

I don't like this thread but,

Kill will be a perfectly mediocre coach. .500 seasons are in our future, yay.

I was roundly criticized by the expert Wren who reads every post on this board for having the gall to suggest that we should be able to recruit good players and compete for conference championships. I don't think Coach Kill is the type of coach that is satisfied with .500 like other coaches I can't mention because it will upset Wren and, therefore, let's give Coach Kill the opportunity to do his job which is to win championships not play .500. I for one will not pee my pants like a lot of others on this board tonight.

Let the man coach more than 1 season, let alone 4 games, before you judge him

Mason's 2006 team almost lost to NDSU at home... & went to a Bowl Game... Brewster's 2007 team did lose to NDSU at home... & the next year we were Bowl Bound...

Losing to NDSU is the least of our concerns...losing to NMSU on the other hand...

Kill has been a total failure so far. How can you possibly argue that? 1-3. What else do you need to know? Doesn't matter who he took over for, or what type of players he has, etc... he has failed to beat two loser teams. Two teams that any coach in charge should have been able to beat. I hope he changes the future of the team, but anyone who has a positive outlook on his future is a weirdo.

How do you get out of bed in the morning with that black cloud over your life? Yes the scoreboard says failure, but I see a lot of things to be positive about. Bunders has commented at how far along the young OL guys are compared to when he was their age. Kill has had a losing season the first 1-2 years everywhere he has gone. He has a plan and will not deviate from it. The running game has gotten better every week. The defense is taking baby steps, but until they get a front four that can put pressure on the QB it will be a struggle.

Lets see how the B1G schedule plays out. Let's see how this team plays as a 21 point underdog every week. I think the young players will play a bit better and loose with no expectations.

Remember Brewster said this would be his best squad "ever" and Kill said this squad doesn't have enough talent to win many games.

Which is it?

Who is lying?

Remember Brewster said this would be his best squad "ever" and Kill said this squad doesn't have enough talent to win many games.

Which is it?

Who is lying?

Brewster was lying. The only proof we have is Kill's statements continue to come true.

Every time I read the excuses, I think of all the loser talk exceptionalism that we as a society endure and how wrong it is to be associated with it. I feel responsible to reach out and object to it. Being a Gopher fan is not a contract to support Jerry Kill in keeping his job. There is no such contract.

How do you get out of bed in the morning with that black cloud over your life? Yes the scoreboard says failure, but I see a lot of things to be positive about. Bunders has commented at how far along the young OL guys are compared to when he was their age. Kill has had a losing season the first 1-2 years everywhere he has gone. He has a plan and will not deviate from it. The running game has gotten better every week. The defense is taking baby steps, but until they get a front four that can put pressure on the QB it will be a struggle.

Lets see how the B1G schedule plays out. Let's see how this team plays as a 21 point underdog every week. I think the young players will play a bit better and loose with no expectations.

The booze has made the black cloud a storm cloud this morning. I'm hurting, but not as much as the team must be right now. I still have a hard time feeling good about Kill right now after the coaching performance last night. Maybe clear skies are coming...I hope they are.

Every time I read the excuses, I think of all the loser talk exceptionalism that we as a society endure and how wrong it is to be associated with it. I feel responsible to reach out and object to it. Being a Gopher fan is not a contract to support Jerry Kill in keeping his job. There is no such contract.

If Jerry Kill had been here for 4 years and this is how the team was performing I would be right there with you calling for his job but he's been here for 4 games. Kill is attempting to clean up a mess left by the previous coach. Its not like Kill inherited a perennial NC contender and has them performing like this. This program was left in complete disarray. You don't change a losing culture overnight.

Don't feed trolls and real fans never give up on their team or coach. I wish had a Kill button on this board so that anytime a poser says, "Im done I am no longer supporting this team, coach, blah, blah, blah" we could all just vote you off the island.

I am an optimist...and I will wear my maroon colored glasses proudly. If Kill isn't the answer, then we will hire another, eventually Maturi will retire, get fired or die...whatever it takes he will be gone and Prexy K will not hire another one like him...cus he likes winning football. Did any of you see Prexy K down on the field before the game hugging Kill? Prexy K is a football fan and knows that the money football makes the isn't quantified in tickets, its quantified in donations and brand recognition.

What is worse wanting to win or being like you and accepting losing? Also according to you if we got blown out by USC this loss would somehow be less bad. WE LOST TO A 1-AA TEAM AT HOME!

Expectations were risen when the Gophs gave USC a fight. I was wrong with raising them, but it is what it is. Remember when #5 Michigan lost to Appalachian State? Yeah, it happens. The difference between a bad FBS team and a really good FCS team (because there's no such thing as 1-A/1-AA anymore, by the way) is very minute. And when said FBS team constantly shoots itself in the foot and obviously doesn't want to play, momentum tends to swing toward the FCS team's way.

In order to rebuild ANYTHING into something great, you have to tear it down first. No different in football, especially a program as bad as ours has been the past 4+ years.

But given your comment, I'm not surprised you didn't know that. It's clear you didn't listen to a WORD coach Kill said since coming here or about this past game.

You are the biggest loser on GH right now. If I had the power, I would ban your IP faster than Gray can throw a wounded-duck wobbler pass.

Don't feed trolls and real fans never give up on their team or coach. I wish had a Kill button on this board so that anytime a poser says, "Im done I am no longer supporting this team, coach, blah, blah, blah" we could all just vote you off the island.

I am an optimist...and I will wear my maroon colored glasses proudly. If Kill isn't the answer, then we will hire another, eventually Maturi will retire, get fired or die...whatever it takes he will be gone and Prexy K will not hire another one like him...cus he likes winning football. Did any of you see Prexy K down on the field before the game hugging Kill? Prexy K is a football fan and knows that the money football makes the isn't quantified in tickets, its quantified in donations and brand recognition.

Optimism is a great value except when trying to make rational decisions. Calling people trolls for differing in opinion is not respectable for free citizens to engage in civil discourse. Since I am the guy being quoted above, what should I do, repent of my non sinful ways? I don't cuss like Kill. I don't lose like Kill! I won't put money into teaching athletes how to lose in so many creative ways, old school or not. The new school of business is based on one thing: does it work? If it doesn't, it gets tossed out. That is how evolutionary our culture has been for all these many years. Hanging around with supporters of losers only begets more losers who accept agony as a way of life. It is damn Un-American to support old tech, crap technology as it is to support crap for DI ball.

I don't want nary a dime to be given to this fat group of coaches who don't have the common sense to speak standard English and not sound out words like Tour as if it were monosyllabic and was pronounced "tr", with no vocalization of the two sounded vowels it contains. Kill admits to being a C student in college, and it shows. He is a lousy spokes person for the U. His mid-seizure rants at press briefings should be suppressed by the University. His lack of matriculation shows in how he instructs the football team and what theories he misapplies in his leadership communication in both andragogy and pedagogy. The more I see of Kill, the less I think he fits the U culture. He doesn't coach or train, he rants and runs at like a prancing baboon trying to play alpha male over his players during practices. What next, throwing feces against another troop of baboons? I have already passed on my recruiting judgement that he can't find and recruit the most appropriate kids for his system (system?) Now we have to endure this for even more years.

Optimism is a great value except when trying to make rational decisions. Calling people trolls for differing in opinion is not respectable for free citizens to engage in civil discourse. Since I am the guy being quoted above, what should I do, repent of my non sinful ways? I don't cuss like Kill. I don't lose like Kill! I won't put money into teaching athletes how to lose in so many creative ways, old school or not. The new school of business is based on one thing: does it work? If it doesn't, it gets tossed out. That is how evolutionary our culture has been for all these many years. Hanging around with supporters of losers only begets more losers who accept agony as a way of life. It is damn Un-American to support old tech, crap technology as it is to support crap for DI ball.

I don't want nary a dime to be given to this fat group of coaches who don't have the common sense to speak standard English and not sound out words like Tour as if it were monosyllabic and was pronounced "tr", with no vocalization of the two sounded vowels it contains. Kill admits to being a C student in college, and it shows. He is a lousy spokes person for the U. His mid-seizure rants at press briefings should be suppressed by the University. His lack of matriculation shows in how he instructs the football team and what theories he misapplies in his leadership communication in both andragogy and pedagogy. The more I see of Kill, the less I think he fits the U culture. He doesn't coach or train, he rants and runs at like a prancing baboon trying to play alpha male over his players during practices. What next, throwing feces against another troop of baboons? I have already passed on my recruiting judgement that he can't find and recruit the most appropriate kids for his system (system?) Now we have to endure this for even more years.

How bout you try coaching this team Oh Great Football Mind? Seriously, you are a cruel human being and I am ashamed to think you are a Gopher fan.

Let me help.

razor-suicide.jpg

His lack of matriculation shows in how he instructs the football team and what theories he misapplies in his leadership communication in both andragogy and pedagogy. The more I see of Kill, the less I think he fits the U culture. He doesn't coach or train, he rants and runs at like a prancing baboon trying to play alpha male over his players during practices. What next, throwing feces against another troop of baboons? I have already passed on my recruiting judgement that he can't find and recruit the most appropriate kids for his system (system?) Now we have to endure this for even more years.

There are very, very few D-I coaches who are not alpha male. If you are suggesting otherwise, I question how much CFB you follow.

What leadership communication and pedagogy skills were at work when South Florida turned Brian Kelly's face crimson a few weeks back?
His "matriculation" was in the form of 20+ F-bombs through the course of the day.

The two biggest variables to learning are Trials / Reps & Feedback and Coach Kill / Staff give that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom