Who will win the College Football Playoffs?

• Alabama

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • Florida State

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 38 33.6%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

If Ohio state had mille...barre....nevermind. I'll pick someone else

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!
What does that have to do with anything
I would ask forde.

What would the bama v state line be after the egg bowl?

I think Alabama is too strong and they know how to win championships (the BIG game).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Opening numbers from Vegas
Oregon is favored by 8 over Florida St
Alabama favored by 10 over Ohio St</p>— Phil Steele (@philsteele042) <a href="https://twitter.com/philsteele042/status/541656865604526081">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

Head says Crimson Tide. Heart says Buckeyes.

This certainly sets up the Alabama/Oregon championship that most people want to see. Clearly the two best teams for the last month or so.

I'm all in on the Ohio State band wagon. Let's go Cardale!

If Ohio State loses to Alabama then I cheer for Oregon.

I think Alabama will win being the most battle hardened team. Would love to see Oregon win it, I'd have a difficult time ever cheering for OSU.

Was thinking about it: which B1G teams would I pull for in a playoff scenario?

wisky and Iowa are in the "Never" column.
Michigan and Penn State are in the "Depends on the opponent" column.
I would really have to love the opponent a whole lot for some reason for me to root against OSU or MSU - never really hated those teams enough.

I would most certainly pull for anyone else.

Was thinking about it: which B1G teams would I pull for in a playoff scenario?

wisky and Iowa are in the "Never" column.
Michigan and Penn State are in the "Depends on the opponent" column.
I would really have to love the opponent a whole lot for some reason for me to root against OSU or MSU - never really hated those teams enough.

I would most certainly pull for anyone else.
Interesting, OSU ranks as my least favorite B1G program. I love the rivalries and beating UW and Iowa but my disdain for OSU trumps all.

To be the Champ you have to beat the Champ, and so far no one has done it. While I was fearful that the committee would leave TCU in and reward TOSU and leave FSU out, they just couldn't do it. If FSU finished in another bowl game and won they would be undefeated and not the National Champion, therefore they are in. Now they are not the team they were last year, but everyone else has been beaten. Go Noles!

Oregon over Bama in a close one. Bama's secondary is suspect.

Bama will pound the rock and slow the game down, limiting Mariota's time on the field. I think Bama wins in a defensive slugfest.

Oregon-Bama is the game everyone has wanted the last few season.

Right now the 2 O schools are playing the best football.

Ohio State, since November 8th, has beaten 3 ranked teams (thanks committee). Two of them on the road and one at a neutral site.

I like OSU, simply for the Big 10 angle. I also like that a.) we played them to a 7 point game, and 2.) they curb-stomped Wisky.

Looking at the results of the poll, it's pretty much a 3 way tie between tOSU, Bama and Oregon. Exactly the reason the playoff was needed, and even more reason to expand to 8 teams. How much complaining would there be if we still had the BCS format?

Could you imagine first round games around xmas of Bama vs. Mich St., Oregon vs. Miss St, FSU vs. TCU, and OSU vs. Baylor?!?! Then semi-finals around New years, and championship shortly after!! Unreal. Any of those teams could win it all IMHO. It's gonna happen very, very soon. Perfect natural break this year as well at 8 teams.

I think it's Oregon's time. Have been really good for quite awhile, and now they have the game-changing QB.

I'd have to say Oregon. They have the best QB (with Florida St 2nd). In fact, I like the winner of the Oregon v Florida St game to win it all no matter who it is.

I think that's the final, but I think Bama will beat the tar out of the ducks. Oregon's line play has been suspect at times, and as we well know, you can't be suspect along the OL and hope to beat Alabama.

I see a relatively close game, but Bama wins by 7-10.

Florida state is 13-0
Florida state hasn't lost a game since 2012
Florida state is 23-0 in their last 2 seasons against power 5 opponents and notre same
Florida state is 33-2 in their last 35 games vs power 5 opponents.

I am going to pick Oregon though

Florida state is 13-0
Florida state hasn't lost a game since 2012
Florida state is 23-0 in their last 2 seasons against power 5 opponents and notre same
Florida state is 33-2 in their last 35 games vs power 5 opponents.

I am going to pick Oregon though

"Power 5"... The ACC is not a power conference, there are only 4 power conferences right now. Florida state has found a way to keep winning but I'll be shocked if Oregon doesn't beat them by at least 21.

Top Bottom