• Craig Randall II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyler Kohl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

golfing18now

Reaction score
Feels like the next domino might fall pretty soon with all the momentum we have seen so far. Will this be our final commitment for the year or will we sign five as many have suggested? A fourth poll....

Nwankwo was second place money in the last poll.

I'm still holding out hope for Clarke. He would be a great finish to the class.

I've picked a different guy in every poll and been wrong every time. This time I'm going with Jarvis.

Jarvis pulls the trigger this weekend....?

Cancel those other visits Jarvis. Then sign Alex too!

I've picked a different guy in every poll and been wrong every time. This time I'm going with Jarvis.

Me too, Wandering. However, I went with Alex this time. But I don't put money on any of them, I just SWAG it. :cool02::cool02::cool02:

Gary Trent Jr. feels guilty about his former teammate stringing Gopher fans along (even though he never had intentions of coming here) and commits early to put our minds at ease.

Gary Trent Jr. feels guilty about his former teammate stringing Gopher fans along (even though he never had intentions of coming here) and commits early to put our minds at ease.

Gary Trent isn't a 2015, or even a 2016 recruit. He is 2017.

I was correct on McBrayer and Nwanko, for the last two picks.

I expect that the coaches will call Clarke and tell him we have one spot left and we expect Jarvis or Alex to commit by next week, so if you want it we need a commitment prior to theirs.

Clarke will look at the other three recruits and decide this will be a great team. Clarke will either schedule an official visit or commit by Monday or he will remove us from his list. I am gambling he chooses one of the first two options. My vote for our four recruit is Clarke.

I was correct on McBrayer and Nwanko, for the last two picks.

I expect that the coaches will call Clarke and tell him we have one spot left and we expect Jarvis or Alex to commit by next week, so if you want it we need a commitment prior to theirs.

Clarke will look at the other three recruits and decide this will be a great team. Clarke will either schedule an official visit or commit by Monday or he will remove us from his list. I am gambling he chooses one of the first two options. My vote for our four recruit is Clarke.

If you're right, I will poop myself.

Clarke and Nwanko would be such a physical and nasty 1-2 punch in the front court.

I think JJ needed to commit this weekend. I think someone else will now take the final schollie

Gophs would like to get a 3 with final tender. Alex would have done an official if he was close, JJ looks like he digs the attention of the official visit but probably does not like the competition for playing time ...looks like he is gone ...if he does not commit by end of this week. Ben Johnson will need to get some local kids in the fold by next recruiting class or Pitino might try to bring in someone else to work the MN. kids.

We need kids to come in and win games. Big time games. Not worried where they are from. Won't mind JJ going to Wisky as long as we beat them (I understand gaining dominance over the Badgers will require developing a great program). I want kids that want to be Gophers and will win. Pitino and staff are getting that done.

I have a hunch both Illikainen and JJ will go to Wisconsin. Just a hunch

My vote went for Grimes. Honestly though, pretty much any of the names on that list would make for a fantastic class.

Unfortunately, I too feel that Alex and Jarvis are both gone. There's just no reason why they shouldn't have committed by now if they really wanted to be here. Hope I'm wrong.

Only way I wouldn't be disappointed with both AI and Jarvis going else where is if Clarke is our final piece.

My preferenceof the remaining recruits:

Illikainen-He is the perfect fit for the Pitino/Donovan system. He can stretch the D and has crafty post moves.
Clarke-The only reason I put him second is that I don't think we have a great chance of him committing.
Grimes-Very athletic. More of and undersized 4 than a 3. I think Pitino and staff would put him in a position to succeed.
Jarvis-After the Dorsey commit he is more of a luxury than a neccessity. We'll have Mason, Dorsey, and Dupree who can play point.

It seems easy to predict commitments on the football team, but I am amazed at how unpredictable the basketball commitments have been since the start of the Pitino era. The staff does a good job of keeping the plan under wraps. While I picked Grimes, I have absolutely no faith in that choice and I continue to be surprised that neither Alex nor Jarvis have committed yet. We already have 4 PFs, would we really take Alex as a 5th? I can't imagine we wouldn't but at the same time that seems like about 2-3 too many.

It seems easy to predict commitments on the football team, but I am amazed at how unpredictable the basketball commitments have been since the start of the Pitino era. The staff does a good job of keeping the plan under wraps. While I picked Grimes, I have absolutely no faith in that choice and I continue to be surprised that neither Alex nor Jarvis have committed yet. We already have 4 PFs, would we really take Alex as a 5th? I can't imagine we wouldn't but at the same time that seems like about 2-3 too many.

Well Joey will be a Senior when Alex is Freshman, Buggs has not shown much that he will get major minutes in the future, Josh hasn't played a single minute in a Gopher uniform, and Diedhiou isn't even addmitted to the university. Our PF position isn't very stabilized as of now.

Clarke would probably be the best fit with the rest of the commits and the current roster. That said, I'd like to see alex commit next. With the athletism that Josh has and seeing how well Jonathan runs the court I could see a lineup with both of them and Alex on the floor at the same time! It would probably be the biggest lineup the Gophers have put out there since Thompson, McHale and Winey! Those three went 28-3 and were prevented from the NCAA tournament by rules violations. Still my favorite Gopher team of all time.

Top Bottom