• Ed Morrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Craig Randall II

• Tyler Kohl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's most important to win no matter where the players are from. Having said that, we need to at least get some of the best mn kids. 0 for 3 on the previous class. Too many 0-fers sends a bad message. I want Alex. Another scholarship WILL open by next spring.

Edit: Make that 0 fer 4 on last year's class.

It is good to lock down the borders when there is elite talent in state, but creating a consistent NE pipeline is probably more important. There are going to be a lot of lean years when it comes to MN HS basketball. The NE will always have a surplus of talent and the more our staff can cultivate that, the more successful we'll be.

It is good to lock down the borders when there is elite talent in state, but creating a consistent NE pipeline is probably more important. There are going to be a lot of lean years when it comes to MN HS basketball. The NE will always have a surplus of talent and the more our staff can cultivate that, the more successful we'll be.

That point can be made but those pipelines are usually with a coach and or asst coach. They will come and go. The U of M campus, the TC and the state of MN aren't going anywhere. If you can't recruit your own backyard, it doesn't look good. If you're getting out of state players that are better, it's a different story.

I think Dorsey is considered the better PG recruit when put up against Jarvis. Illikainen would be the best PF (rating-wise) on the roster, but Nwankwo is a highly regarded big man and we got Josh Martin (who probably should have retained his 4-star status) in last year's class. I'm not sure we are really losing out on all that much if Jarvis and Alex go elsewhere this year. Last year's class was the class that hurt to miss out on.

Couldn't agree more.

Illikainen or Jarvis... I thought it was interesting that Nwankwo brought up Alex potentially playing here but not Jarvis... did the two not connect? I know it's been rumored Pitino wanted five in this class ... I think Illikainen is more needed than Jarvis at this point only because Dorsey/McBrayer can handle the guard spots.. and you have Mason, McNeil and Lofton in place too. With that said, Pitino likes to run three guards out there often so at the 4/5 you have Konate/Diedhiou/Martin/King/Buggs/Nwankwo in place now... I don't know, I just don't want Jarvis and Alex going to Wiscy!

I thought it was interesting that Nwankwo brought up Alex potentially playing here but not Jarvis... did the two not connect?

Could just be a "big man" thing. Like maybe Big Men have some sort of brotherhood.

Sincerely, Small Man

(Cue... that's what your wife said jokes)

Illikainen or Jarvis... I thought it was interesting that Nwankwo brought up Alex potentially playing here but not Jarvis... did the two not connect? I know it's been rumored Pitino wanted five in this class ... I think Illikainen is more needed than Jarvis at this point only because Dorsey/McBrayer can handle the guard spots.. and you have Mason, McNeil and Lofton in place too. With that said, Pitino likes to run three guards out there often so at the 4/5 you have Konate/Diedhiou/Martin/King/Buggs/Nwankwo in place now... I don't know, I just don't want Jarvis and Alex going to Wiscy!

Maybe he doesn't like power forwards crowding his space in the paint and knows Illikainen likes to shoot from the perimeter?

Maybe he doesn't like power forwards crowding his space in the paint and knows Illikainen likes to shoot from the perimeter?

The two would certainly fit together in the front court... the more I think about it, the more I want Illikainen if I have to pick one more guy.. and I've wanted Jarvis for a long, long time.. but the guard depth will be better, or we'll know what to expect more. The frontcourt guys right now outside of King are complete question marks in 2015.

I feel like starting another thread titled "We have another commitment!" with body copy saying something like, "I commit today to be a super A+ fan this year." How would that go over?

Does anyone else refresh this site like 450 times per day?
Addicted.

I feel like starting another thread titled "We have another commitment!" with body copy saying something like, "I commit today to be a super A+ fan this year." How would that go over?

Does anyone else refresh this site like 450 times per day.
Addicted.

You are not alone lol.

If Henry commits here, I hope his parents spend their time at Marquette, and stay the hell out of here.

Top Bottom