Who will be hired at Wiscy?

Everyone, before you go to bed tonight, pray that Barry Alvarez will hire Brad Childress in the next few days or weeks. Life would be made.

How soon will savebadgerfootball.com start up?

Awesome!

My choice would be hip-hop group House of Pain, who could actually lead the crowd with "Jump Around." I don't know if a three-person committee would work, but maybe they could rotate between head coach, offensive coordinator, and defensive coordinator on a week-by-week basis.

Added: I wonder what this means for Thomas Hammock.

For what it's worth, I have been seeing the name Mel Tucker floated for the Badger opening. He seems like a great candidate and someone I would be excited about having lead the Gophers:

-only 40
-DB's coach at LSU
- DB's coach then DC at Ohio State
-DB's coach then DC for the Cleveland Browns
- Current Assistant Head Coach/DC for the Jacksonville Jaguars

Love the experience at major colleges and the coordinator titles in the NFL (hate that he graduated from Becky obviously)

I also noticed a really weird exchange during the BTN where the announcers seemed to awkwardly hint towards Alvarez coming back. When Barry was on TV, the announcer said something like "Now, this is a guy who walked away from coaching too soon. I talked to him about coaching and there was a gleam in his eye". I thought it was weird, it just didn't fit into the flow.

Chryst - This one would scare me the most. I think he's a heck of a coach. Pitt could be a pretty desirable job with the PSU sanctions coming down. They will have less scholarships for their talent rich state and Pitt should pick up quite a few of those players. Addiotionally, the move to the ACC means more money but not really tough competition. I think Pitt is sort of the perfect storm to get real good. That said, WI is a better job.

Gruden - Ha...nope. He keeps turning down NFL jobs for a ton of money. I think Philly, maybe Dallas, maybe the Jets (I don't know) will come in and outbid any college team.

Childress / Bevell - - - god, I hope so.

From SBNation:

Western Kentucky's Willie Taggart has become a red hot name for a number of head coaching openings. The Hilltoppers head coach interviewed with the University of Wisconsin Tuesday, according to sources. In addition, Taggart is in talks with South Florida for their opening, and was interviewed by Arkansas before the Razorbacks hired Badgers head coach Bret Bielema. Sources have told SB Nation that if Taggart is offered the USF job, he'll likely accept.

I'm not sure, but isn't he the guy that was photoshopped into the wisky program cover?

20120908_jdm_sx1_033.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Bevell would be a colossally terrible hire for Becky. I fully support it.

I haven't seen anybody mention Tony Dungy yet....

There was some talk on KFAN yesterday of rumors that Alvarez may come back as head coach for the Rose Bowl. Just for that game and not to call plays or be too involved, but rather just as a token coach.

haven't seen it mentioned yet, but what about former Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino, besides that off the field stuff, he was a hell of a recruiter and coach, I am sure he would accept any job he can get right now

haven't seen it mentioned yet, but what about former Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino, besides that off the field stuff, he was a hell of a recruiter and coach, I am sure he would accept any job he can get right now

And Harley Davidson is headquartered in Milwaukee.

What's Ron VanderKelen doing these days.

6022_1.jpg

Loved those helmets! And the 1963 Rose Bowl is one of my first really vivid football memories. What a comeback (too only fall short)!

Childress: He has the system. Just ask him.

Bevell: I could only hope the Badgers would be stupid enough to hire a guy whose greatest coaching achievement is sniffing Brett Favre's jock.

Mike Grant.........................his father is from Wisconsin.:)

They want Chryst, but he's going to stay at Pitt. Al Golden will then be their man, and he will get out of Miami while the gettin's good.

They want Chryst, but he's going to stay at Pitt. Al Golden will then be their man, and he will get out of Miami while the gettin's good.

And if that happens, it will speak volumes about the differences in our situation and the Badgers. Golden pulled himself out of consideration for our job very early. Granted, he was in the proverbial catbird's seat at Temple and would be leaving a vapor trail on his way out of Miami, but it still frustrates me that our program is at the sandwich board level when it came to luring the top quality guys. Wisconsin is at least at the billboard level.

I'm fine with Kill, but a situation like this shows how far the program had fallen.

I saw Al Golden's name getting mentioned this morning and immediately thought: What will dpod think of Golden going to Wisconsin. I know you wanted him to come here, will your opinion of him change at all if he becomes a badger?

I saw Al Golden's name getting mentioned this morning and immediately thought: What will dpod think of Golden going to Wisconsin. I know you wanted him to come here, will your opinion of him change at all if he becomes a badger?

I've never really "liked him", I've just always thought he is a really good coach. My opinion of him will go from neutral to negative if he gets hired there simply because of the association, but I'll still think he's a really good coach. That will be a step up from my opinion of their current coach, who I think is a completely idiotic worthless tub of dog excrement, and is a terrible coach who's nothing more than the figurehead for the extant system of his predecessor.

Golden would be a fool to leave Miami for Wisconsin. If he took the job knowing the sanctions were coming down the pipeline he wouldn't leave unless it was a significant step up. Wisconsin is not that.

Golden would be a fool to leave Miami for Wisconsin. If he took the job knowing the sanctions were coming down the pipeline he wouldn't leave unless it was a significant step up. Wisconsin is not that.

Miami is turrible. In a turrible conference. Wisky has FAR better recent success than Miami.

Oh, and Wisky has their own stadium which generally fills up. Miami has neither.

As of right now, Wisky IS a step up from Miami.

Top Bottom