Who will be hired at Wiscy?

Jim Tressel? Butch Jones? Darrell Bevell? I'm afraid they will be upgrading one way or another.

nm..was thinking of Darrell Hazell, not Darrell Bevell

Barry Alvarez. He could return just as Bill Snyder did at Kansas State. Or . . . maybe today's announcement was in the works for sometime and Barry has a candidate waiting in the wings.

Speculation is fun, isn't it?

Go Gophers!!

Holy Smokes!

Fox says it's so - they must have offered a ton of money. Chryst would be the logical replacement, but would he jump ship so soon? This may turn out well for the Gophers, though Alvarez is no dummy - he'll get a good coach. What happens in the Rose Bowl?

They could also go progressive on the bit and hire Notre Dames Kerry Cook.

Because he doesn't have any experience at the coordinator level it's doubtful, but he does have the Wisconsin connection and he is the coach of a heisman candidate.

Hah who am I fooling! Their is only one person who will be hired and that's Madison native son Paula Cryst. The thought of this should scare the hell out of gopher fans. Paul is the creator of the Badger offense and would stay there until he retires or is fired; at 47 that could be another 20 years.

I'm sure Badger country thinks they might be able to lure Coach Kill their way, but I think he's pretty happy here.

This reminds me of how I used to love teasing my buddy the Packer fan about how Favre always wanted to play for the Vikings.

Notre Dame DC Diaco could also be in the discussion.

I don't think it would be Chryst, he was passed over once by BA, I suspect that there may have been some hard feelings about it. I would suspect, that as long as BA is the AD, Chryst wont be coming back to Madison.

Heard Rob Akey (recently fired Idaho coach) is looking, would be a great fit and we would like him (because they would be horrible).

I hope they bring back Chryst, or a very good coach. And I hope the Gophers continue to rise, improve, and build. And I hope the Gophers overtake becky, not because they slid, but because we elevated. If that happens, then we will be in BCS conversations. We should be aspiring to that level of competition. Not just simply beating becky, but building a program that can be good enough to overtake her.

Chryst, Gruden, Patterson, Peterson, BRAD CHILDRESS are all being mentioned.

I read somewhere Chryst indicated to a recruit that he was staying and a local media guy in PITT tweeted that as well - doesn't mean anything though.

Reading some of the comments sections in Media reports, someone commented that Barry may not be far from being done as AD there as well. Again, I would have a hard time believing that.

Will be an interesting event to follow.

Isn't Gundy the Oklahoma State coach rumored to take the Tennessee job?

Any chance one of the Stoops brothers moves to Wisconsin from there present places?
What about Dave Doreen he could back out of the NC State job and take the Wisconsin job and it
would not hurt NC State that much. Alvarez may just come out of retirement and take the job back when it is all said and done. What about Kirk Ferentz, any chance he bails out of Iowa to take the Wisconsin job?

Isn't It Obvious?

They need someone who has won a "national championship", someone who can really recruit the Midwest, someone who has won big at the "highest level".

It will be Craig Bohl of the North Dakota State University Bison.

After all, it 's not like 'Sconny has tried this befo . . . . . errr . . . I mean . . .

Never mind.

How soon will savebadgerfootball.com start up?

Any chance one of the Stoops brothers moves to Wisconsin from there present places?
What about Dave Doreen he could back out of the NC State job and take the Wisconsin job and it
would not hurt NC State that much. Alvarez may just come out of retirement and take the job back when it is all said and done. What about Kirk Ferentz, any chance he bails out of Iowa to take the Wisconsin job?

Only if he is willing to take a pay cut.:rolleyes:

They need someone who has won a "national championship", someone who can really recruit the Midwest, someone who has won big at the "highest level".

It will be Craig Bohl of the North Dakota State University Bison.

After all, it 's not like 'Sconny has tried this befo . . . . . errr . . . I mean . . .

Never mind.

Maybe Don Morton can come out of forced retirement for another shot?

Craig Bohl would be considered. Wisconsin refused to schedule NDSU is football so they have respect of him.

Craig Bohl would be considered. Wisconsin refused to schedule NDSU is football so they have respect of him.

I think this one deserves a triple facepalm.......fing lakesbison....

Bevell is only allowed back if he brings Chilly as OC and they install the kick ass offense in Madison...

Top Bottom