Who will be hired at Wiscy?

killer bee

Reaction score
Do they bring back Paul Chryst from Pittsburgh, does Barry Alverez return, or do they hire the student coach that took over the offensive line in midseason? Or maybe Dave Doreen leaves North Carolina State before he even coaches a game. Another crisis in Madison!

We won't have to wait for long. They'll have an announcement by tomorrow won't they? Brett's the kind of classy, stand-up guy who's kept Wisconsin abreast of negotiations all along isn't he? :eek:

Brewster is available. Mason out of the booth and on to the field? BA out of the Director office? Doreen seems like the most logical choice but how tough is it for him to have just accepted another job?

Doeren would make the most sense, but as mentioned, he just took the NC State job.

Maybe Narduzzi from MSU?

Do they bring back Paul Chryst from Pittsburgh, does Barry Alverez return, or do they hire the student coach that took over the offensive line in midseason? Or maybe Dave Doreen leaves North Carolina State before he even coaches a game. Another crisis in Madison!

Bingo....sucks being Pittsburg and Wisconsin gets a better coach than the one they had.

If Wisconsin does hire Chryst what an unbelievable couple of years for Pittsburgh it would be.

Doeren would make the most sense, but as mentioned, he just took the NC State job.

Maybe Narduzzi from MSU?

Didn't mason do something similar where he took a job but never actually worked there because he went to another. Want to say it was Georgia or something like that but can't remember.

Didn't mason do something similar where he took a job but never actually worked there because he went to another. Want to say it was Georgia or something like that but can't remember.

Mason took the Georgia job and changed his mind 24 hours later. He went back to Kansas, where he stayed for one more season before taking the Minnesota job.

He was hired at Georgia while he was at Kansas, but then backed out and decided to stay at Kansas.

All wisky has to do is this:

1. Contact GopherLady for references;
2. Contact Chris Monter to do all interviews;
3. Contact pantherhawk for potential transfers from Iowa to Wisky;
4. Contact any GopherHoler for expertise;
5. Contact Green Bay fans for further information.

It is sooooooo simple, because all things are a crap shoot anyway.

Brad Childress. Chillyball would be alive and well again. Has a history in WI as the OC.

How about Al Golden at Miami. He's got roots in the B1G and Miami is going to be in serious trouble.

I doubt (okay, hope not) Chryst takes this job. A case could be made that Pitt is a better job anyway.

I'm lukewarm on this. BB is a complete buffoon and I was comfortable with him staying in Madison; but on the other hand, the continued lack of continuity will catch up with the program within the next year or two. Wisky is NOT a big-time program that can withstand this kind of turnover in such a short time frame. OSU, Florida, Michigan... yes. but not Wisky.

One more thing to consider; for potential coaching candidates, I'd be curious to know if Wisky has the perception of a program that still largely has Barry's fingers all over it, and that you'd be answering to the AD a lot more than at some other schools? That could scare some other candidates away. It may very well not be true, but it's one thing to consider.

I had a slight buzz by the end of the B1G championship game, they interviewed Barry about getting back into coaching he didn't seem against it, if I remember right.

I doubt (okay, hope not) Chryst takes this job. A case could be made that Pitt is a better job anyway.

I'm lukewarm on this. BB is a complete buffoon and I was comfortable with him staying in Madison; but on the other hand, the continued lack of continuity will catch up with the program within the next year or two. Wisky is NOT a big-time program that can withstand this kind of turnover in such a short time frame. OSU, Florida, Michigan... yes. but not Wisky.

One more thing to consider; for potential coaching candidates, I'd be curious to know if Wisky has the perception of a program that still largely has Barry's fingers all over it, and that you'd be answering to the AD a lot more than at some other schools? That could scare some other candidates away. It may very well not be true, but it's one thing to consider.
I hate Wisconsin also, but how is Pitt a better job?

Liked this on Buckyville:

If we were Minnesota we'd be saying Mark Richt, Tony Dungy, John Gruden, and Bill Cowher right now.

What he missed was after none of them were interested we'd blame the A.D. for everybody "turning us down".

Liked this on Buckyville:

If we were Minnesota we'd be saying Mark Richt, Tony Dungy, John Gruden, and Bill Cowher right now.

What he missed was after none of them were interested we'd blame the A.D. for everybody "turning us down".

Too funny. They missed Les Miles and Chris Peterson though...

We won't have to wait for long. They'll have an announcement by tomorrow won't they? Brett's the kind of classy, stand-up guy who's kept Wisconsin abreast of negotiations all along isn't he? :eek:

I take it back. Rumors are that Barry A. was made aware before the Championship Game. B.B. has more class than we gave him credit for, not a big stretch, but still credit given.

Agree 100%, with the 2nd part. No matter what the hate is for Wisconsin, saying Pitt is a better job is way off, IMO. Penn State yes, but not Pitt.

Might simply mean that once tOSU and Penn State get off probation Wisconsin's road to the Big Ten Championship might be a little tougher than Pittsburgh's route to the ACC Championship.

Might simply mean that once tOSU and Penn State get off probation Wisconsin's road to the Big Ten Championship might be a little tougher than Pittsburgh's route to the ACC Championship.

This is part of what I was getting at.

Pitt has some solid tradition and they have Pennsylvania for a recruiting base. Recruiting against PSU will NEVER be as good as it will be over the next 4-5 years. Chryst can do some great things at Pitt, make a name for himself, and he won't be beating his head against the wall against the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, et al.

In short, I think some might find it surprising how much Wisky is NOT considered a "great job" outside of the midwest.

I take it back. Rumors are that Barry A. was made aware before the Championship Game. B.B. has more class than we gave him credit for, not a big stretch, but still credit given.

During the championship game one of the announcers was fawning over Alvarez and said he asked something about whether Barry would ever return to coaching. He said Barry didn’t answer, but smiled and walked away. I think it just might be the return of BA.

I can agree with that part.

This is part of what I was getting at.

Pitt has some solid tradition and they have Pennsylvania for a recruiting base. Recruiting against PSU will NEVER be as good as it will be over the next 4-5 years. Chryst can do some great things at Pitt, make a name for himself, and he won't be beating his head against the wall against the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, et al.

In short, I think some might find it surprising how much Wisky is NOT considered a "great job" outside of the midwest.

I can understand why it is not considered a great job, but Pitt is far from that as well, IMO...

During the championship game one of the announcers was fawning over Alvarez and said he asked something about whether Barry would ever return to coaching. He said Barry didn’t answer, but smiled and walked away. I think it just might be the return of BA.

IF, as someone else said, BB did inform Alvarez he was leaving before the Nebraska game...could be something. Otherwise, Wisconsin has no place to go but down if you are a coaching candidate. Unless it's your dream job, a top coach has better choices than that.

Top Bottom