Who the heck is Colton Iverson?!

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
15 ft jumpers, destroying JaJuan Johnson for rebounds, nifty post moves; he's showing it all?!?

Dear God I'm glad we got this kid from Yankton, South Dakota!

Yup. I like the twin towers as well. Ralph has awakened.

I love that pass from Ralph at the line to Colton down low.

15 ft jumpers, destroying JaJuan Johnson for rebounds, nifty post moves; he's showing it all?!?

Dear God I'm glad we got this kid from Yankton, South Dakota!

You're witnessing an NBA bound center right now. I think it's time for the people who said he should be playing D2 basketball admit just how wrong they were. Big guys need more time to develop and he is starting to come into his own, yet is still far from a finished product. Think I'm going too far? Only if his size changes over night and his defense, rebounding, and post moves all deteriorate over night. Not saying he's a guaranteed lottery pick, but if you can't see his potential, I can't help you.

You're witnessing an NBA bound center right now. I think it's time for the people who said he should be playing D2 basketball admit just how wrong they were. Big guys need more time to develop and he is starting to come into his own, yet is still far from a finished product. Think I'm going too far? Only if his size changes over night and his defense, rebounding, and post moves all deteriorate over night. Not saying he's a guaranteed lottery pick, but if you can't see his potential, I can't help you.
People saying he is D2 quality were over-exaggerating, but so are you. I think Iverson's going to be a great college player, but he's dominating a team that essentially has one front-court player right now. I see the potential, but it's farrrrr too early for that talk.

He's single-handedly dominating a post that is supposed to be a 1st round pick in JaJuan Johnson?
I've never heard anybody refer to JJ as a first-round pick. Nor does he have any clue how to play down low, on offense or defense.

I've never heard anybody refer to JJ as a first-round pick. Nor does he have any clue how to play down low, on offense or defense.

I honestly think Johnson has a very good chance to be a solid pro. One caveat there though: He seriously needs to get stronger.

People saying he is D2 quality were over-exaggerating, but so are you. I think Iverson's going to be a great college player, but he's dominating a team that essentially has one front-court player right now. I see the potential, but it's farrrrr too early for that talk.

I very strongly disagree that saying a 7-foot sophomore with great strength, defense and rebounding ability, and good post moves has the potential to some day play in the NBA. Like I said, if you can't see the potential, I can't help you.

The announcers keep talking about how strong he is. I love the time he missed a short shot, and powerfully grabbed the rebound and kicked it out. He is a beast out there. I hope Elliot Eliason is taking notes right now and next year while he redshirts!

The whole point I see is this...Colton has been pushed, shoved, elbowed, and dominated earlier this year...He said F**K it, I am gonna too. And he is what we see. Go Gophers!!!

He certainly looks like he has a total new look on the game and his confidence.

Now, if Colton could throw in, say, 80% free throw shooting...

Where are the Colton bashers now? Wasn't it just a few weeks ago when you pricks were calling him a DII player?

SIZE!

Both Colton and Sampson are starting to fill out, especially Colton. Compared to a year ago I'm impressed with the work they put in. Reminds me of how by the time Jim Peterson was a Sr. he started to fill out and dominate the in the paint.

Colton has figured it out. He has what it takes to dominate in B10. 2 more years, wow!

Where is the guy last night that said "Ralph is a pussy."?

The look on his face says "Hey, basketball is fun again!!".

I agree that bigs take time to develop, he's only a true Sophmore and in general a 7' player with a pulse, some rebounding amd some defense can realistically think about the NBA.

It's going to be fun to watch the "Twin Cities Towers" continue to deveop the next couple years.

What's really scary? He will be even stronger next year.

I very strongly disagree that saying a 7-foot sophomore with great strength, defense and rebounding ability, and good post moves has the potential to some day play in the NBA. Like I said, if you can't see the potential, I can't help you.
I said I saw the potential. That's far different than declaring him a first round pick.

I wouldn't say I disagreed with people who were mercilessly ripping on him, but I wasn't about to say outright that he was merely D2 talent as some suggested. So glad to see him coming into his own. We're going to be pretty tough next year.

Where is the guy last night that said "Ralph is a pussy."?

You mean In Tubby We Trust? The basketball genius is probably taking credit for motivating Ralph. I wish I was more motivated to go back and find the name of the jackass who was trying to convince everyone Colt belonged in DII.

Colton

i think he's been eating something..maybe Kryptonite buregers.

What about...

Just think how good Colt could be if he played well against GOOD teams too. Remember, he only fills out the box score against the bottom feeders.

I said it mid-season, I'm saying it now, he's one of my favorite players. Those shots around the basket are starting to fall, they'll continue to fall next year. His footwork around the basket in the last few games has been impressive, fun to watch.

We need a hockey +/- system for players

...because I swear, when Colton has been in the games lately, the team is absolutely dominant. The physical toughness Iverson is displaying is great - he looks like one strong m.f. out there. He's continually fighting hard for the rebounds, even if his size/legs still deceive him sometimes. The best part I've liked about his game lately is he WANTS to set hard picks on the opposing defenders. He's a garbage man with some pretty decent moves for a sophomore.

If he gets that final bit of awkwardness out of him, watch out. As for development, he's far ahead of where the following NBA players were as sophomores, IMO:
Jim Peterson
Trevor Winter
John Thomas

I wouldn't put him far behind Joel Pryz, either. As for he compared to Ralph - he's stronger and has better moves, but Ralph has better feet and a better shot. They're nice compliments that Tubby can use the next two years to create difficult matchups for opponents.

As for tomorrow, both he and Ralph will have a real tough time, since Turner and Buford are going to be driving into the lane often. I expect DJ and Iverson to have foul trouble; I only hope Sampson can step up and keep Turner and Buford from getting too easy looks.

...because I swear, when Colton has been in the games lately, the team is absolutely dominant. The physical toughness Iverson is displaying is great - he looks like one strong m.f. out there. He's continually fighting hard for the rebounds, even if his size/legs still deceive him sometimes. The best part I've liked about his game lately is he WANTS to set hard picks on the opposing defenders. He's a garbage man with some pretty decent moves for a sophomore.

If he gets that final bit of awkwardness out of him, watch out. As for development, he's far ahead of where the following NBA players were as sophomores, IMO:
Jim Peterson
Trevor Winter
John Thomas

I wouldn't put him far behind Joel Pryz, either. As for he compared to Ralph - he's stronger and has better moves, but Ralph has better feet and a better shot. They're nice compliments that Tubby can use the next two years to create difficult matchups for opponents.

As for tomorrow, both he and Ralph will have a real tough time, since Turner and Buford are going to be driving into the lane often. I expect DJ and Iverson to have foul trouble; I only hope Sampson can step up and keep Turner and Buford from getting too easy looks.

agree with Winter and Thomas, and dont remember Peterson, but not with Pryz, he was a stud, big time shot blocker...and better athlete

I think it's time for the people who said he should be playing D2 basketball admit just how wrong they were

I was wrong!

Just think how good Colt could be if he played well against GOOD teams too. Remember, he only fills out the box score against the bottom feeders.

Yup, Purdue and Mich State sure are bottom feeders, wish I had some of what the above has been drinking.

Top Bottom