where will bryce mcneal commit to?

which hat will bryce mcneal pick up at the army all-american game?

• clemson

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • colorado

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • minnesota

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • oklahoma

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • oregon

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • other - please specify

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
here is the article

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=893955

the only thing in our favor is he says he knows which school he is going to and has known for a while

he also says he has been helping that school recruit......i dont know, it just seems like it would be hard to help a school recruit that is as far away as colorado or clemson

i guess i'm just hoping

here is the article

the only thing in our favor is he says he knows which school he is going to and has known for a while

he also says he has been helping that school recruit......i dont know, it just seems like it would be hard to help a school recruit that is as far away as colorado or clemson

i guess i'm just hoping

You'd think that if he was recruiting for the team he committed to, word would have gotten out. I refuse to get my hopes up about him! I refuse!

Could the 'helping' involve the women's basketball team?

Could the 'helping' involve the women's basketball team?

No. He actually referenced working on guys at the Army AA game to take OV's. What I'm confused about is that it was plural.

Minnesota is trying to get Richardson, Wingo and Carter that are all at the game. Wingo is the only one that has not taken an OV to Minnesota and is considering Minn & Bama as his last OV--if he takes more OV's.

It was rumored that he was recruiting Tahj Boyd to Oregon a few weeks ago but Boyd has already taken an OV to Oregon so he wouldn't be working on him at the Army AA game. However, from that rumor and McNeal's comment Oregon is the team that scares me the most.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking this guy is all Clemson. Apparently he thinks the Tigers are tops because the coaches are Christians.

He never used the word "tops" when refering to any of the schools. About Clemson he specifically said what he liked about them was that the coaches are all Christian.

No. He actually referenced working on guys at the Army AA game to take OV's. What I'm confused about is that it was plural.

Minnesota is trying to get Richardson, Wingo and Carter that are all at the game. Wingo is the only one that has not taken an OV to Minnesota and is considering Minn & Bama as his last OV--if he takes more OV's.

It was rumored that he was recruiting Tahj Boyd to Oregon a few weeks ago but Boyd has already taken an OV to Oregon so he wouldn't be working on him at the Army AA game. However, from that rumor and McNeal's comment Oregon is the team that scares me the most.

Though I would like him to chose MN, Oregon would be better then any BT school!

Though I would like him to chose MN, Oregon would be better then any BT school!

True, at least the Gophers are the only Big 10 school.

I think it will be Oregon but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

With the addition of Allen, Keise, and Carpenter and only safeties and a potential Juco CB in our defensive backfield I think we need a shut down corner (Michael Carter) a lot more than we need another top notch WR.

If he has "known" for a while now (I'm guessing 2-4 weeks), and his girlfriend out of the blue opens talks with the U basketball team again, why wouldn't more people on here take that as a sign he might come to the U??

Well, there it is I guess, he was helping recruit a QB to "his school" (Oregon). Hopefully we get Carter. Did M Gary take an official to MN before he chose the Gophs at the game last year? I read many of you saying it was a surprise, so I was just wondering if we may see other "surprises" at the game??

Who cares

Well, there it is I guess, he was helping recruit a QB to "his school" (Oregon). Hopefully we get Carter. Did M Gary take an official to MN before he chose the Gophs at the game last year? I read many of you saying it was a surprise, so I was just wondering if we may see other "surprises" at the game??

The only reason I even care if McNeal goes to the U is to boost the recruiting rankings. I would be very surprised if this guy turns into anything at the college level. He didn't do much in high school.

Onward and upward!

The only reason I even care if McNeal goes to the U is to boost the recruiting rankings. I would be very surprised if this guy turns into anything at the college level. He didn't do much in high school.

Onward and upward!

ah....i care

thats some top level talent.....some turn out and some dont

but we just lost a guy with a ton of talent

Mike Farrell of Rivals is predicting McNeal will go Oregon and Carter will go Minnesota. I'll take 1/2 if it comes to it.

To me, with wideouts at the college level, there should be just as much emphasis in recruiting a players ability to go get a ball (whether its running good routs, body position, ball instincts, desire, etc) as there is on a 40 time. Yea McNeal has amazing speed and athletic ability, but it would concern me the stats he put up this year (like 600 yds or something??). I know he didn't have a QB to make good throws and whatever, you're a 4-star, go make a play. As long as we get Carter, it won't make it as bad if we lose McNeal.

I've seen him play bits and pieces of a couple of games and McNeal undeniably has talent. He has very solid football instincts to complement his quickness, which makes him someone who will probably contribute at the D1 (or whatever it's called these days) level. He needs to put on another 10 to 20 pounds and my guess is he'll redshirt wherever he goes.

But the kid has chops. I hope Brewster can land him.

Well, as I believe Brewster said, he wants kids who want to be there (Maybe paraphrasing or misquoting, but something like that)!

I'll take 1 outta 2

It would suck if we do lose McNeal. He seems to have a lot of skills to become a big time WR, which is something we could always use. Getting Carter would be a great sign though! Maybe we can finally started making some headway into FL like Brew has started in TX.

Personally, I've kind of given up on McNeal. He was always looking for something better than what the U had to offer and as a result, we never really had a chance in my book. He's just saying all the right things about the Gophers right now to keep the home folks off his back.

I like our chances with Carter though, especially since he has apparently crossed Florida off his final list. I guess he might go to West Virginia, but he's always spoken so highly of the Gophers and the U that I have a good feeling about him.

As someone else said earlier, 1 out of 2 ain't bad, and that's what I'm hoping we come away with.

I totally agree MRJ... I'm really getting sick of the McNeal soap opera. If he commits to the U great, if not we have a few guys coming in with a ton of potential. I'm really excited to see guys like Carpenter and Allen wanting to play for the Maroon and Gold. Not that I wish ill will on the kid, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if he decides to become a Duck... Man do they have some God awful looking jerseys....

Shopping around

I can't really blame McNeal for looking around to see where he thinks he'll fit in the best. All you can really ask of someone is to be honest with you, and all you can expect from someone is to do what is best for themselves. From what it sounds like he's been pretty up front with us on his recruiting situation. Chances are he ends up somewhere else, but what are all of you guys going to say IF he puts on a Maroon&Gold hat on national tv and gives us some good pub? I can't hate on an 18 yr old kid for taking a look around at a bunch of schools and taking his time to make a good decision.

Here you go:

"Colorado, Oregon, Minnesota and Clemson are my finalists." McNeal admitted that he already knows which program he will choose. "I am actually doing a lot of recruiting for them behind the scenes," McNeal said. "But I can't tell you where I'm trying to recruit them to, yet."
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=894448

Minneapolis (Minn.) Breck wide receiver Bryce McNeal has narrowed down his list to Oregon along with Clemson, Minnesota and Colorado and the Ducks are in the top two according to sources. McNeal has raved about Oregon since he took his official visit in November and has been apparently recruiting Hampton (Va.) Phoebus quarterback Tajh Boyd to go with him if he chooses the Ducks.

Oregon wins.

"Oregon is a good program. I feel like I would have a good opportunity to play there. I also took unofficial visits to UCLA and Cal, two other west coast schools, but Oregon was different. It had more of a Midwest vibe." -- McNeal

I just did a search for this - as Bryce was our #1 player last year, to see how accurate the votes were. I also recall it Okalhoma being the leader up until the last day when it started leaking out.

I say we bring up the Mobley, Laurinaitis, Ashley, and Floyd threads too. Salt, meet wound.

I say we bring up the Mobley, Laurinaitis, Ashley, and Floyd threads too. Salt, meet wound.

I didn't mean it that way! I was just interested to see how accurate the vote was.

Top Bottom