Where is Shaka?

g1976b

Reaction score
At the risk of contributing to this unhealthy frenzy Gopher fans seem to have whipped ourselves into, I have one simple (but important quesion):

Has there been ANY reliable information on where Shaka Smart is right now?

(and yes, I've read the highly entertaining thread about him checking out the giant hot dog buffet at the Vu)

When is the last time anyone has seen or heard anything from him?

I've been wondering the same thing and haven't seen anything concrete in the newspapers or twitterverse. VCU fans on their message boards seem pretty convinced that he's staying at VCU (a lot of the same "trusted source" sort of stuff over there that we have over here) so take it for what it's worth.

I will remain skeptical, despite the insiders here proclaiming good things, until I see him standing behind a podium at TCF Bank Stadium.

We may have to start by listing where he isn't...

I'm pretty sure he's still at the Vu. It's the only thing holding up the annoucement.

I've been wondering the same thing and haven't seen anything concrete in the newspapers or twitterverse.

Exactly. Between the regular media, blogs and other social media I'm very surprised we haven't heard a thing. Even that initial "denial of interest" is something you usually get with coaches.

I'm pretty sure he's still at the Vu. It's the only thing holding up the annoucement.

It doesnt open for another 22 minutes and he is not amongst us lined up outside waiting to get in. You could go check some of the other clubs though. Wait, maybe I'll step out of line and see whether he's in Sex World.

I kid you not, I had giant hot dogs last night - but not at the Vu, mind you.

Okay guys, I lost my spot in line at the Vu, but I can confidently report that Shaka Smart is not in Sex World. I looked everywhere and didn't see him. I even paid a buck to see what was behind the curtain. He is not behind the curtain. I'll continue to periodically check though.

I heard he's currently getting a $5 footlong at Subway.

I heard he's currently getting a $5 footlong at Subway.
Those weasels are trying to phase those out. They're down to like 3 $5 footlongs on the menu. Now after a month of $5 footlongs in Febru"any", special subs for the month of March are a $6 Buffalo Chicken sub and a 6-inch $3 oven roasted chicken sub. Something's going on. Rant over. Seacrest out.

I am on 24/7 alert at Hector International and the Jet Center in Fargo. No sightings, and my lookout at The Northern in Fargo reports the same, so he is not up here traveling through or meeting here, YET!!! (Do I need a lookout at the Jefferson Lines Bus Depot?

He's nowhere in LA. I've been to over 12 Gentleman's Clubs and no sign of Shaka Smart. He wasn't near Venice Beach this morning and he was absolutely not at the burrito shack near my house. So we're in the clear here. I can say with 100% certainty that Shaka Smart is not in Southern California, I have it covered.

Plus, I also photographic evidence of Shaka Smart in Dinkytown, at the Vu buffet, riding in the Pope Mobile in front of Williams Arena. He's in Mpls, somewhere.

Anyone check the Seville? Choice? With the looming buyout maybe Teague had to resort to the Duece Duece or the Lamplighter?

There some dude laying on his stomach in Sex World. He keeps talking about how "tremendous" everything is and how he really knows how to coach "tight ends" and "wide receivers".

Keep hope Alive.....

....the longer this goes with nobody knowing where he is....or any formal denials by the man himself...the better it looks for him leaving VCU.

He will not be wanting to asnwer to anyone, until he makes decision, whether it's coming here or anywhere else.

Has anyone checked to see if he's at Murray's with Sid?

In all seriousness, I heard he was in Florida visiting family.

Has he come out and flatly denied interest in other jobs in the past? From what I remember with the Illinois thing, it just kinda fizzled out.

He's nowhere in LA. I've been to over 12 Gentleman's Clubs and no sign of Shaka Smart. He wasn't near Venice Beach this morning and he was absolutely not at the burrito shack near my house. So we're in the clear here. I can say with 100% certainty that Shaka Smart is not in Southern California, I have it covered.

Plus, I also photographic evidence of Shaka Smart in Dinkytown, at the Vu buffet, riding in the Pope Mobile in front of Williams Arena. He's in Mpls, somewhere.

Anyone check the Seville? Choice? With the looming buyout maybe Teague had to resort to the Duece Duece or the Lamplighter?

Good deal. You have Southern Ca locked down. I have one of the private booths at Sex World locked down. What are we missing?

Top Bottom