When The Final Score Is Posted

husker70

Reaction score
High above Johnny "Red" Floyd Stadium it will read:

Raiders 10 Gophers 35

What the scoreboard will not tell you is how this game was played. As Coach Horton said, we are a power running team. We will pound the rock and break their will. The key is the inside running game, running down hill, or within the tackles. Taking the game directly to MTSU. Bennett will be the leading ground gainer, with 25 carries for 185. Eskridge will chip in 15 for 85, but the big gains will come in late in the third quarter and in the fourth as Kirkwood breaks the back of the raiders with 12 carries for 110.

For those who look a little closer you will see the key downs are first and third. Especially in a managable 3 and 2 or 3. The Gophers will tend toward running for it. First to continue to pound the rock, but also to keep the clock running.

Bennett will cap two drives with TD's. Weber will only throw 12 passes. He will hit Mcknight for a TD. And Gray will grab another.

The final TD will be Kirkwood from the twelve.

The defense will have 3 sacks, 2 turnovers, and 8 third down stops.

This will be a textbook, power running game protecting the defense.

Yho Husker! Glad you kept your moniker. With all the newbies on GH its good to keep the vets in place.

Could this be the year when we start pounding the rock again? At least we have the philosophy in place if not the personnel.

I see the guys coming home with a 30-24 victory.

I like the confidence and the specifics. 380 yards rushing? We haven't had that since the Mason era. That seems tough given MTSU's experienced and quick defense, but perhaps we'll just manhandle them up front enough to impose our will on them. A fun, if not extremely optimistic prediction.

Goph's 34-17. No doubt after the first qtr.

Husker 70 nailed it. Add a defensive TD. Carter on a pick 6. Maybe add a kick return for points.

42-10 Gophers.... And 7 of those 10 will be garbage time....

Integral Game Week Post

YES!

Gophers 41 - MTSU 20

When the final score is posted...I'm gonna be pretty drunk. Just got word our office is closed on Friday.

5 things at 0:00

As I turn toward the scoreboard from my seat at The Floyd:

1) I will high-five Gopherfaith;

2) I will tip my hat to the Gophers;

3) I will think of Terry Hoese and wish he was there with us;

4) I will clap my hands;

5) and I will see MTSU 17, Minnesota 34.

Gophs 24 - Hill people 7

I don't care what the score is, so long as we block, tackle, improve and win.

Gophers 27-16. Will be close at halftime and the board will be up in a lather but the good guys will pull away late.

God I hope you're right Husker, there is nothing more satisfying than a victory like that. Dominating on the ground with multiple backs....I hope our O-line is up to it...

If I may shift gears for a moment gentleman, coach Ditka vs. The Hurricane, who would win?

I'm with D the G on this. First half is a feeling out time. 20-20 half time. Third quarter Gophers take over and pull ahead 30-20 plus a D TD in 4th quarter. Final Gophs 37-20.

36-24 two defensive TD's. Our boys win.

I think the defense will start shaky, but get their legs in the second half to hold on for a 31-24 win for the Golden Gophers.

Gophers 23-10 with MTSU's touchdown in garbage time. A lot of running not much passing scoring drves of 7, 8 and 9 minutes.

Golden Gophers - 20
My Little Ponies - 10

Touchdowns: Bennett and McKnight
Weber will look rusty, but solid
Gray will catch a few passes
MVP: Troy Stoudermire who will put us in prime scoring position for both our touchdowns
MTSU touchdown will come late in the fourth
Future governor of Tennessee: BasilMarceaux.com

Gophers will be ahead 13-7 at the half. Then the OL will dominate (yes I just said that) in the 2nd half and we'll pull away for a 30-14 win.

Top Bottom