When The Final Score Is Posted

Honestly, what this team needs more than anything right now is to put a bunch of points on the board. The defense needs a shot in the arm, but after the last three games, the offense needs to assert itself.

I'm already on record with 42-20 gophers. I'll stick to it. I'm saying we get beat twice on big plays but otherwise we dominate in all phases.

The key is the inside running game, running down hill, or within the tackles. Taking the game directly to MTSU. Bennett will be the leading ground gainer, with 25 carries for 185. Eskridge will chip in 15 for 85, but the big gains will come in late in the third quarter and in the fourth as Kirkwood breaks the back of the raiders with 12 carries for 110.

52 carries for 390 yards?????? :eek::eek::eek:

Almost impossible under the new clock rules implimented a couple years back, unless every play is a run.

52 carries for 390 yards?????? :eek::eek::eek:

Almost impossible under the new clock rules implimented a couple years back, unless every play is a run.

The return of Kent Kitzmann?

Kent Kitzmann was a fullback with the Minnesota Golden Gophers from 1975-1978. Kitzmann starred as running back at Rochester John Marshall in High School, leading the Rockets to the Class AA state football championships in both 1973 and 1974.[1] He also excelled in the shot put, heaving one of the longest throws in state high school history while as a senior at John Marshall in 1975.[2] He was recruited to Minnesota to play for Cal Stoll and in 1976 and 1977 he led the Gophers in rushing both years. Kitzmann’s finest hour on the gridiron came in a game against Illinois in 1977 at Champaign’s Memorial Stadium. When he carried the ball a Big Ten record 57 times for an astounding 266 yards in a 21-0 victory over the Illini,[3] helping the Gophers to virtually secure their first bowl invitation in fifteen years.

Brand new quarterback on a Sun Belt team?

That kid needs to be on his can in the first possession.

Gophers 34 MTSU 10

Go Gophers!!

Attachments

• IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 9

Power Running Game?

they said the same thing last year. Talk is cheap! Show me the money! I will be impressed if we rush for over 150 yards in this game, and IF we do, we will win by two td's! Gophers 31, MTSU 17.

The Gophers will be 1 and 0.

Sorry, don't have enough insight into the teams to make a prediction.

What the hell. Minnesota - 42 MTSU - 3.

previous years display that Brew doesn't coach blow out football, which is probably a combination of talent and coaching. look for a close one. brew plays for the win so you can get 2007 Bowling green or 2008 NIU.

I'm not sure what it even means to "coach blowout football". We're due to blow someone out of the water. 38-17, Gophers put MTSU in a deep hole early.

Gopherss, seventytwo ta tree.

Bill: "Gopherss 93-zip"
Bob: "Oh really Bill, you don't think da MTSUers will score any points at all?"
Bill: "No I do not...Da Gopherss defense is like a wall, you can't get truue it"

Dreamed of kickoffs last night

Found Wills on the kickoff return team. Popped a little guy and sprung Stoudemeyer for a long TD. Strange place for a lineman. My wife told me this morning that I kept waking her up as I was laughing in my sleep.

Gopher blowout.

Ah, dreaming about the Gophers. I remember a few years ago, dreaming that Maroney would have long TD runs on his first two runs. It actually turned out to be pretty close to that, he had long TD runs early in the first quarter. Coincidence? Sure, but still fun.

Gophers 31 MTSU 13

Only up by 3 at the half 10-7, second half begins with a Stoudemire KR and the route is on when Mcknight gets behind the secondary twice, after grinding the ground game and catching them asleep on play action.

27-14 the good guys. The first half will be a feeling out process while trying to adjust to the extreme heat and humidity. :D Gophs take control in the second half.

Gophs 27 MTSU 24

nailbiter but we prevail, SHOW SOME MOXY AND LEADERSHIP WEBER!!!!

At the Bar get with the program

No nailbiter here and what is with the crap predicting the home team will win. This is not USC or a Big 10 game. This is not arrogance, but a lot of Gopher fans are confident we will win and I am about as confident as I have ever been during the Tim Brewster coaching era. Last night on the Big 10 network Dinardo and the OSU guy Griffith predicted Duane Bennet would be the break out or bounce back player of the year in the Big 10. The old coach and player might just know a thing or two about what they have seen in practice. Husker is right this is a return to pound the rock football and the Gophers will lean on the Raiders and wear them out. Gophers 31> MTSU 17.

Net nearly as drunk as I thought I would be.

Office is closed tomorrow, and I have a lot of beer left, and I'm feeling better about facing the "Lane Kiffin Era" as ESPN is calling it, and will continue to pound that phrase down our throats.

I guess Ski U Master and carh1981 won the first week with a 4 point differential. As yes gopherdudepart2 it was a nailbiter as I predicted.

Top Bottom