What would you do if Coach

I like the way you think. Unfortunately, each passing play is infinitely more complex than what throws he can complete in practice. In Leidner's bad games Kill has made a point to say that it's a team game, and all 11 are responsible for the result of each play. Mitch is very complicit, but plenty of blame lies elsewhere in our offensive struggles.

I agree, if benefits the 15 passes per game the team knows, the receivers know the routes progressions, et al. If it is necessary for protection, a half roll, or roll out. It all starts with throwing the ball to the receiver. The most frustrating throw for me in the TCU game was a check down to Nate Wozniak in the flat. He was 15 yards away to Mitch's left, he threw it over his head. Nate is 6'10. That throw should be taken from his list.

A guy sitting behind me wouldn't shut the hell up about putting Perra in. I'm not a huge Leidner fan but if Perra gave them the best option he would be playing. Also the lady next to him was going off about how the staff needed to start playing the younger players to get ready for next year. Couldn't make that one up!

This is what drives me nuts. People need to realize that Kill is a coach that lives in the now. He pulls red shirts at any time (Nelson) and doesn't worry about the future. If he believes Croft or Perra is ready, they will play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just when I think most of the posters on this board couldn't possibly know any less about football, threads like this are started. Awesome.

It really just seems bad after a loss I think. So many "fretters" come out of the woodwork and many of them seem to thrive on the negative.

A guy sitting behind me wouldn't shut the hell up about putting Perra in. I'm not a huge Leidner fan but if Perra gave them the best option he would be playing. Also the lady next to him was going off about how the staff needed to start playing the younger players to get ready for next year. Couldn't make that one up!

She was just being decisive. This year is clearly toast. On to 2016! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if/when Croft should play, but the red shirt should be a non-factor. We worried about it with Maxx Williams, Philip Nelson, etc. It rarely ends up mattering 5 years down the road.

Probably a few more commercials and buy some **** with all that money.

This thread needs to be set on fire. Let it burn!

Just when I think most of the posters on this board couldn't possibly know any less about football, threads like this are started. Awesome.

Why don't you fill them in with your vast store of wisdom and knowledge? Tell them where they are wrong. Or, is it just a difference of opinion and you're upset everyone doesn't agree with you?

AFAIK, your posts consist of pedantic corrections of harmless posts, and obscure history. I've never seen a useful insight or opinion on any topic.

I'm not sure if/when Croft should play, but the red shirt should be a non-factor. We worried about it with Maxx Williams, Philip Nelson, etc. It rarely ends up mattering 5 years down the road.

Red shirts only matter to fans. Coaches are aware of them but in the end if a kid can help the team early in the year they will play him. Only time they really take redshirts into account is late in a year when a kid has not yet played. Once you get past the mid point of a season you want to make sure it is really worth burning the year at that point but prior to that you put the best kids on the field regardless of what year they are in school.

Is this really a discussion again? Ffs it's one game where our ol couldn't protect our qb. The coaches aren't starting ML because he's earned s gold star for working hard. He's the best option. RS croft and let him compete for the job next year. If he turns out to be so good he leaves a year early, this team will have played in a Rose Bowl and you can absolutely book that. Getting mop up duty and handing the ball off will do nothing for his development

I am never in favor of burning redshirts unless they would be a noticeable upgrade over another veteran player who would be playing that spot otherwise. As tempting as it might become to play Croft this year if Leidner continues to struggle, we are better off in the longer run keeping him redshirted.

How do we know Perra can't get the job done? Let him play a series or two in a real game. Can he be any worse than ML?

How do we know Perra can't get the job done? Let him play a series or two in a real game. Can he be any worse than ML?

Yes, our QB could be worse than it currently is. It can be a lot worse. I feel like some of you don't watch any other college football games.

Imagine if thursday ML had Hackenberg's current stats: 9/20, 62 yds, 0td and 1 int. I bet PSU fans are in a major tizzy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how will we know until we see him play? I guess you are all fine with mediocrity which is all we will ever get from ML. I watch plenty of college football. And there are a lot of qb's that could help the Gophers.

And how will we know until we see him play? I guess you are all fine with mediocrity which is all we will ever get from ML. I watch plenty of college football. And there are a lot of qb's that could help the Gophers.

No one said they are fine with mediocrity. Your question was if it could get worse. It could be much worse.

I just responded to your question "can he be any worse than ML?" The answer is absolutely it can be much worse.

I don't think WE need to see him play. I trust that the coaches see enough every day in practice to conclude that Perra is not the best option to play and certainly not worth giving him the chance to make a few fatal errors that lead to losing a game.

With this logic, we've never seen me play either, so maybe I'm better than Mitch, bum shoulder and all.

Given the progress the Gophers have made under Jerry Kill as a whole, I'm not quite ready to second guess his evaluation of talent.

Maybe Perra is the answer, then again, maybe the coaching staff does know what they're doing?

Right now Perra hasn't shown enough to be 2nd string according to the coaches. Everyone besides Perra's girlfriend & family needs to calm down on Leidner. The situation will take care of itself over the next few weeks.

I can't believe that after one game we're ready to dump the starter AND the back-up for the 3rd string (if that) QB cuz his girlfriend says he's better.........

I don't think WE need to see him play. I trust that the coaches see enough every day in practice to conclude that Perra is not the best option to play and certainly not worth giving him the chance to make a few fatal errors that lead to losing a game.

Ding....ding....ding...ding....ding....ding......we have a winner!

Seriously it baffles me how many fans can not grasp this concept. The coaches base their decisions on countless hours of film study and evaluation on the field during practice. They put the guys out there they feel give them the best shot to win, it really is that simple. If the coaches thought one of the other QB's would give us a better chance to win they would play him.

At the single most important position on the field if the coaches thought for a second that Streveler, Perra, Croft or whoever could do a better job then ML running the offense he would be on the field. And like I said in another thread the fact that they don't feel like any of those guys are a better option is really disappointing because it means they have yet to find/develop the QB we need to push the offense over the top.

Threads like this are why I don't like coming on here after a loss. With all due respect to my fellow posters, I think some people got too wound up before Thursday's game. The Gophers lost by 6 pts to the #2 rated team in the Country - a team with a Heisman candidate at QB - and people on here are acting like the season is over.

A few years ago, losing by 6 pts to the #2 team in the country would have been heralded as one of the greatest feats in Gopher FB history. It's good that expectations have gone up - but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

As far as the QB position: If you think the coaches are not playing the QB who gives the team the best chance to win, then either: (A) the coaches are incompetent, or (B) the coaches are deliberately trying to lose.

ML has played more than one game by my account. If we don't see Perra play against Kent State who lost to Illinois today 52-3 to see what he can do something is wrong. According to Kill, at least publicly, nothing is ever ML's fault. Under Weber's tutelage and attending the Manning camp, ML was a new QB. Haven't seen it yet. I want him and this team to succeed, but nothing I've seen has convinced me things will be different.

ML has played more than one game by my account. If we don't see Perra play against Kent State who lost to Illinois today 52-3 to see what he can do something is wrong. According to Kill, at least publicly, nothing is ever ML's fault. Under Weber's tutelage and attending the Manning camp, ML was a new QB. Haven't seen it yet. I want him and this team to succeed, but nothing I've seen has convinced me things will be different.

Kill has said multiple times that Leidner needs to get better and be more consistent. So, yes, he has criticized him publicly many times.

You should just stop now. Most won't find your ignorance as refreshing as I do.

I can't believe that after one game we're ready to dump the starter AND the back-up for the 3rd string (if that) QB cuz his girlfriend says he's better

That one game against TCU to boot. This site has lost all respectability on this ML7 topic. It is so out of touch with reality it makes me sick.

Take a couple of aspirin and go to bed, maybe you'll feel better in the morning.

Can Jacques Perra pass? I wonder if he'll get a few snaps against Kent State, or Ohio U.

Top Bottom