What would you do if Coach

Imagine if thursday ML had Hackenberg's current stats: 9/20, 62 yds, 0td and 1 int. I bet PSU fans are in a major tizzy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their fans must feel worse than Nebraska's. Franklin seemed so good at Vanderbilt, but he's had some terrible games coaching at Penn State, today being one of them. But Temple was sky-high and has some good athletes. Pre-season expectations don't always pan out.

If I were coach..

I would make my OC not be the OL coach. right now if you give Mitch a little more time he is fine. you put in a Freshman QB and give him the time that Mitch gets he will give you similar results.

My concern before the game was that the OL takes too long to come together and play at a high level. Seeing Campion on the sideline it was really disheartening. Lauer is not 100% (if he is then we are in trouble)

I am not saying Limegrove sucks, I am saying it would benefit the team if he held only one position and concentrated on that one (either one)

Give better protection and the QB will look better.

ML has played more than one game by my account. If we don't see Perra play against Kent State who lost to Illinois today 52-3 to see what he can do something is wrong. According to Kill, at least publicly, nothing is ever ML's fault. Under Weber's tutelage and attending the Manning camp, ML was a new QB. Haven't seen it yet. I want him and this team to succeed, but nothing I've seen has convinced me things will be different.

I hope that we are winning handily enough in the 2nd half against Kent St to afford us the luxury of seeing a lot of 2nd and even 3rd stringers play. If that includes Mr Perra that's great- if not then I hope u can accept that he's not that high on the depth chart.

Imagine if thursday ML had Hackenberg's current stats: 9/20, 62 yds, 0td and 1 int. I bet PSU fans are in a major tizzy.

Let's trade for him while his value is low...

Played the #2 team in the country to 7 points while missing 2 starting linemen and this is the garbage discussions we have? You'd think we just lost to ndsu.

Yes he can be worse.

Explain how he could be worse?

Could he complete less than 50% percent of his passes maybe..not likely
Could time and time again make the wrong read on a read option play like Mitch does. Not likely
Could he have as many turnovers as Mitch averages we at about 2-3 a game not likely.

I am now totally on the Perra transfer bandwagon

If any of these comments are a=coming from his camp lets be done with him.

he was a WO QB that may or maynot be able to play but according to our coach who seems to know what he is doing he is not starting and may have been passed up on depth charts by true freshman.

if any of these comments are even closly related to Jaques or his family its time to cut bait on the WO and let him play at NDSU or SDSU

I truely believe that Mitch was a better QB Thursday night than he was last year. Would he have been able to crack the depth chart at tOSU? .....No way, he is not Jesus Christ or some other savior.. he is just a football player doing the best he can. In the eyes of the coaches he gives the better chance to win than Chris Jaques or Demry? why do we always have to bash the starting QB just because he is not Johnny O or A-Rodge

the kid had us 1 game last year form a championship and just barely lost to the #2 team. and yes he could have played better and maybe Croft will overtake him this year if given a chance.

It seems like the two sides have dug in their heels and frankly, the tone is like listening to eighth graders. Would we speak like this in person? Before speaking, is it necessary, is it nice, is it true. Acknowledge other posters might have some small point. Stating "I know football and you're stupid" disavows the fact that coaches and players with decades of studying x and o can't agree on schemes, play evals, etc. It makes you look ignorant. This is a game played by boys, not brain surgery.

There might be some middle ground on the QB situation. Kill is well aware of Mitch's consistency issues, his temperament problem, and his poor pocket awareness. So,the coaches must believe his negatives are outweighed by the positives, for now. On the other hand, how much is the drop off from Mitch to Streveler, or Perra, or Rhoda?

Streveler's negatives must outweigh his elite running skills, or he'd be getting a chance. Is there disagreement within the staff. Nto that we've heard. Same with perra.

Is there a coaching problem. This relates to QB, offensive line, scheme and doing what Mitch is comfortable with.

The drop off from Mitch to #2 may or may not be huge. Some players are workout warriors but fold under real pressure.

This site just keeps getting more embarrassing I the **** that gets posted

This is a comedy site....better than Saturday Night Live

Explain how he could be worse?

Could he complete less than 50% percent of his passes maybe..not likely
Could time and time again make the wrong read on a read option play like Mitch does. Not likely
Could he have as many turnovers as Mitch averages we at about 2-3 a game not likely.

All worse;

Shane Morris vs. Gophers last year.

Jake Ruddock vs. Gophers last year.

That's two without even really thinking about it.........

I don't think anyone is making the case that it can't be better, but it could certainly be worse. At least coming into the season we didn't expect Leidner to be St. John the Apostle of the Big Ten qbs (Harbaugh has Big Ten Jesus sewn up across the board) like Christian Hackenburg. Our O-line didn't perform well in adjusted roles against the #2 team in the country. The best QB in CFB to never do anything was sacked 8x yesterday by an O-line that was finally moving up.

Our dreams are still in tact. When PSU plays a living breathing team, I'm concerned about Hackenburg's safety at this point. Wisconsin, supposed to be a better team than us played the #3 team yesterday, and that game was never in doubt. I believe we're a legitimate #25 team and will be there at the end of the year. That will be done with a dominante "D" and an offense that struggles against top 20 teams. We'll win a few there, we'll lose perhaps more than our fair share, but we are a better team and heading in the right direction.

I'd rather be where we are than being Nebraska and wondering if we made the right hire this morning. There are a few folks that have their axe to grind in this thread and nothing I say will impact their belief that until we shut out the number one team with our 3rd string, the coach and all the players suck, but more than one or two typically level headed posters that need to take a step back and get some perspective.

On to CSU, who I think will come crashing down after their performance against a terrible team yesterday. A team that hasn't won a game in over a year and scored it's first Touchdown in 3 games going back to last year and have lost their last three games by a combined 163 - 13. I'm sure CSU is feeling like they're going to have a good season right now. I don't think they will feel that way going after Saturday, and I feel we'll be feeling better about our overall situation on Saturday as well.

This is a comedy site....better than Saturday Night Live

Can you elaborate. The poster tat wants to run on 75% of snaps, or the poster that wants to start a true freshman, or the posters that think they are football savants?

One sentence posts without a clear point are a waste of everyone's time.

All worse;

Shane Morris vs. Gophers last year.

Jake Ruddock vs. Gophers last year.

That's two without even really thinking about it.........

I don't think anyone is making the case that it can't be better, but it could certainly be worse. At least coming into the season we didn't expect Leidner to be St. John the Apostle of the Big Ten qbs (Harbaugh has Big Ten Jesus sewn up across the board) like Christian Hackenburg. Our O-line didn't perform well in adjusted roles against the #2 team in the country. The best QB in CFB to never do anything was sacked 8x yesterday by an O-line that was finally moving up.

Our dreams are still in tact. When PSU plays a living breathing team, I'm concerned about Hackenburg's safety at this point. Wisconsin, supposed to be a better team than us played the #3 team yesterday, and that game was never in doubt. I believe we're a legitimate #25 team and will be there at the end of the year. That will be done with a dominante "D" and an offense that struggles against top 20 teams. We'll win a few there, we'll lose perhaps more than our fair share, but we are a better team and heading in the right direction.

I'd rather be where we are than being Nebraska and wondering if we made the right hire this morning. There are a few folks that have their axe to grind in this thread and nothing I say will impact their belief that until we shut out the number one team with our 3rd string, the coach and all the players suck, but more than one or two typically level headed posters that need to take a step back and get some perspective.

On to CSU, who I think will come crashing down after their performance against a terrible team yesterday. A team that hasn't won a game in over a year and scored it's first Touchdown in 3 games going back to last year and have lost their last three games by a combined 163 - 13. I'm sure CSU is feeling like they're going to have a good season right now. I don't think they will feel that way going after Saturday, and I feel we'll be feeling better about our overall situation on Saturday as well.

Wow, we have someone making an actual point. The staff undoubtedly are fearful on some level that a change at QB could backfire, and Mitch's fragile confidence would be shot. Then it's a real pickle. Inertia is a powerful thing. The devil you know.

Wow, we have someone making an actual point. The staff undoubtedly are fearful on some level that a change at QB could backfire, and Mitch's fragile confidence would be shot. Then it's a real pickle. Inertia is a powerful thing. The devil you know.

Did you talk to the coaching staff about it? No you didn't? Then quit assuming you know what they're doing. They have evaluated every guy on the roster and feel Mitch is our best qb. There's nothing more to be said. It's one game. The staff will evaluate every game and every practice. Claiming to know what they're thinking or that anyone on here knows better or knows a angle they haven't thought of in regards to the qbs is just silly. Basically everyone is just repeating what's already been said. Some people really dislike ML as a qb and always will. The backup qb is always that type of fan's favorite. It is just ridiculous when that type of fan claims they know more than a staff with 100+ years combined experience. Let the staff coach evaluate the players. They know infinitely more than any poster on this board. And that is why this site gets embarrassing when we ad nauseum run with this qb controversy that doesn't and shouldn't exist

What irks me to some extent was the decision to start an immobile Lauer. Someone evaluated him and made that decision. Clearly a bad one. Mitch was again hit often and early and that affects his confidence.

Why are we continually calling timeouts on 3rd downs, early in halves and games under this regime. It is a coaching issue, either lack of preparation or failure to prep Mitch. That can cost chances to win games.

Some people act as if you don't believe he is awful, then you must think he is great. It is possible to think he isn't as bad as some people are making him out to be, yet also think he needs to get better and be more consistent.

Did you talk to the coaching staff about it? No you didn't? Then quit assuming you know what they're doing. They have evaluated every guy on the roster and feel Mitch is our best qb. There's nothing more to be said. It's one game. The staff will evaluate every game and every practice. Claiming to know what they're thinking or that anyone on here knows better or knows a angle they haven't thought of in regards to the qbs is just silly.

OK kid. You're right. The coaches always know best and make the best decisions. It's science.

This is why no coach is ever fired and replaced. For failing to either gamelan or prep or motivate their players. I was way off!!

OK kid. You're right. The coaches always know best and make the best decisions. It's science.

This is why no coach is ever fired and replaced. For failing to either gamelan or prep or motivate their players. I was way off!!

This is simple. They know more than you. They know more than me. That's all I'm saying. Get over yourself

Did you talk to the coaching staff about it? No you didn't? Then quit assuming you know what they're doing. They have evaluated every guy on the roster and feel Mitch is our best qb. There's nothing more to be said. It's one game. The staff will evaluate every game and every practice. Claiming to know what they're thinking or that anyone on here knows better or knows a angle they haven't thought of in regards to the qbs is just silly. Basically everyone is just repeating what's already been said. Some people really dislike ML as a qb and always will. The backup qb is always that type of fan's favorite. It is just ridiculous when that type of fan claims they know more than a staff with 100+ years combined experience. Let the staff coach evaluate the players. They know infinitely more than any poster on this board. And that is why this site gets embarrassing when we ad nauseum run with this qb controversy that doesn't and shouldn't exist

I do agree with the second part of your post. However, to assume a staff is in lockstep on players is just not true.e

I do agree with the second part of your post. However, to assume a staff is in lockstep on players is just not true.e

I never said all the coaches agree and I would bet they don't. However they have come to a combined decision which uses far more experience than any of us could offer which is why we should trust their decisions more than the armchair qb coaches here

I never said all the coaches agree and I would bet they don't. However they have come to a combined decision which uses far more experience than any of us could offer which is why we should trust their decisions more than the armchair qb coaches here

What I don't understand is the need to shut down discussion, in a very rude way, when it's clear nobody agrees about anything 100% in football. It's ALWAYS debatable, whether you like it or not.. There are numerous posters here that wouldn't dare to speak like this to anyone's face. Now that's embarrassing. Time to grow up.

What I don't understand is the need to shut down discussion, in a very rude way, when it's clear nobody agrees about anything 100% in football. It's ALWAYS debatable, whether you like it or not.. There are numerous posters here that wouldn't dare to speak like this to anyone's face. Now that's embarrassing. Time to grow up.

The issue is, it isn't a discussion anyone is having. Neither side is going to give anything. I don't think Mitch is great, but he's our best option according to the staff. Seeing a backup in play for one game won't change that. People are just insulting each other for having differing opinions with no logical basis and that's what makes GH frustrating. I'm all for debate if people come in willing to concede points. This is not one of those topics

The issue is, it isn't a discussion anyone is having. Neither side is going to give anything. I don't think Mitch is great, but he's our best option according to the staff. Seeing a backup in play for one game won't change that. People are just insulting each other for having differing opinions with no logical basis and that's what makes GH frustrating. I'm all for debate if people come in willing to concede points. This is not one of those topics

Most people feel exactly this way. Very few people are saying Leidner is great and that he doesn't need to get better. But there are people who are calling him the worst QB ever and if you don't agree, you're an idiot and a Leidner apologist.

Most people feel exactly this way. Very few people are saying Leidner is great and that he doesn't need to get better. But there are people who are calling him the worst QB ever and if you don't agree, you're an idiot and a Leidner apologist.

Glad someone agrees. Just feels like we read this same pseudodebate after every loss regardless of how ML and the other players on the team perform and it's getting really old

Why are we continually calling timeouts on 3rd downs, early in halves and games under this regime. It is a coaching issue, either lack of preparation or failure to prep Mitch. That can cost chances to win games.

I have the same query. Last year this and the inability to entrust ML with running a 2-minute drill drive me a bit batty. It seems that the spring practice efforts to develop a hurry up offense have been somewhat beneficial- but we still run into clock problems at inopportune times.

I wonder why we haven't moved on to a headphone communication system between Limegrover and ML like they use in the NFL and some college teams (alabama for one).

Can we all just get along?
Get along about what? One sentence posts without a clear topic are a waste of everyone's time. [emoji111]
Can you elaborate. The poster tat wants to run on 75% of snaps, or the poster that wants to start a true freshman, or the posters that think they are football savants?

One sentence posts without a clear point are a waste of everyone's time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom