What Will The Non-Renewal Rate Be?

akgopher

Reaction score
I'm going conservative with 5%. The Wild and Wolves got more time because they were the new game in town and had the only new venue. Target Field is going to offer up some stiff competition for entertainment dollars, especially with a wide range of seat prices and options of 20-81 game packages. Not to mention star power and a competent team and operation.

If you are on the Ticket Waiting List

Last week I thought the non renewal rate would be 5%. After today that goes to double digits. I now forecast 12%. :eek:

that is cool. it will just give more TRUE program supporters (not the "band wagon" and/or "oh this is a pretty new stadium" types) an opportunity to get in on those seats next year. i don't know a single person who has gophers football season tickets that has said they don't plan on renewing. they all plan on bring back. and i am talking about 10 different season ticket holder accounts.

Seat premiums are starting to look VERY questionable.

Part of the acceptance of seat licensing is that you need a competitive program that draws just on it's own merits. It will be very interesting to see if seat premiums work next year.

My guess is renewal's will be OK, however, I doubt there are that many folks willing to shell out extra dough to sit between the 20s.

This is good for me, I will gladly travel 300+ miles to watch my Gophers every Saturday.

Part of the acceptance of seat licensing is that you need a competitive program that draws just on it's own merits. It will be very interesting to see if seat premiums work next year.

My guess is renewal's will be OK, however, I doubt there are that many folks willing to shell out extra dough to sit between the 20s.

Please, please, please let this be true! I'm in the bleachers and would gladly snap up $100 premium seats!

that is cool. it will just give more TRUE program supporters (not front-runners and/or "oh this is a pretty new stadium" types) an opportunity to get in on those seats next year. i don't know a single person who has gophers football season tickets that has said they don't plan on renewing. they all plan on bring back. and i am talking about 10 different season ticket holder accounts.

Yes all those 90 year "front-runners" of the Gopher football team.......

those 90 year olds you are speaking of are not the ones who will not be re-newing their seats. nice try though.

You missed my point it that the only people who would qualify as "front runners" are 90 years old. Hard for us younger folk to be "front runners" when we haven't been in front in decades. Nice try yourself.

I got buddies who are pretty excited to get tix for next year, some folks don't want to re-up, that's fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko Nagurski Gopher
that is cool. it will just give more TRUE program supporters (not front-runners and/or "oh this is a pretty new stadium" types) an opportunity to get in on those seats next year. i don't know a single person who has gophers football season tickets that has said they don't plan on renewing. they all plan on bring back. and i am talking about 10 different season ticket holder accounts.

That would equate to approx .02% (I allowed for 3,000 tiks that go to opposing teams.

I have emailed Joel with my cancellation notice until Brewster has his bags packed. And his chilli is dad gum cold right now

I'll still go to a few games, but it'll be a deal where I buy tickets on the street and the weather is perfect for outdoor football on campus. I'm guessing it won't be tough to get a good seat for $30-40 an hour before any games other than Iowa and Wisconsin where their fans travel.

holy cream puff

"weather is perfect"

I had 2 tickets for this year, and after taking friends to the games with me this season i will be getting 4 tickets next year

Realistically, the strong home schedule next year will keep renewals high even if Brewster stays. If you stuck through this year, are you really going to bail on a home schedule that includes USC, OSU, PSU and Iowa?

I had 2 tickets for this year, and after taking friends to the games with me this season i will be getting 4 tickets next year

I will likely be doing exactly the same thing for 2010.

True Believer or Masochist? I don't care either way, because I love Gopher Football.

Yes, good-riddance to non-renewals. I go to Gopher games to support the University and all the student athletes as much as hoping to win a big game or go to the Rose. Even if Wacker was still coaching or Gutekunst, etc, - and if we go 2-10 next year, they are still my team and I will continue to go. I want to win as much as anyone, but there's more to a Program than this alone. This isn't pro sports. If you only go because they are 10-2 and going to a bowl, then you are a typical modern day narcissist who thinks it's "only about me", and what "can the team can do for me and how i feel".

I agree that the strong home schedule will get people (like me) to renew. In addition, I can give my seats to clients and write them off which helps. That said, I'm somewhat torn as to whether I see myself a long-time ticket holder. It's so frustrating to watch this team that it takes away from the enjoyment which is what going is supposed to be about isn't it?

Does anyone know how the seat upgrade process will work? If they use the online system, great. If they use the old school way of writing what you want on the back of your season ticket form so some student worker can slide you over a seat or two, not great. I'm guessing the U will go the cheap way and not use the online system. If that is the case, non-renewals are pretty much meaningless to current season ticket holders in groups of any size.

that is cool. it will just give more TRUE program supporters (not the "band wagon" and/or "oh this is a pretty new stadium" types) an opportunity to get in on those seats next year.

Wouldn't those TRUE supporters have had tickets already? Anyone who gets tickets next year will be casual fans, IMHO.

What if it's only 67 degrees and partly cloudy? And if the Indigo Girls are in town that night you won't want to be too tired from walking all the way across campus to the game.

tix

I had 2 in the $250 extra range this year and 2 non-piemium. I will be trying to get 4 in the $250 range next year. That will cover my taigate donation. Can't wait.:clap:

Yes, good-riddance to non-renewals. I go to Gopher games to support the University and all the student athletes as much as hoping to win a big game or go to the Rose. Even if Wacker was still coaching or Gutekunst, etc, - and if we go 2-10 next year, they are still my team and I will continue to go. I want to win as much as anyone, but there's more to a Program than this alone. This isn't pro sports. If you only go because they are 10-2 and going to a bowl, then you are a typical modern day narcissist who thinks it's "only about me", and what "can the team can do for me and how i feel".

I wouldn't give up my tickets for next year, but I'm at the point where I wouldn't blame anybody that wanted to stop going. What good does it do to blindly support the University? Supporting the athletic program is great, but this team collapsed and played the second half of the season. Who wants to watch that?

Even though I am a long time season ticket holder, I don't feel like the program owes me anything. I like college football, and I love Gopher Sports, so I gladly have supported the team through the years. I like going to games and it has been my choice to pay for tickets/dontate to the U every once in a while. At the same time, nobody owes the University anything either. If you are a fan that feels frustrated because of years of mediocrity and you don't want to pay for tickets anymore, I can't blame you.

The Gophers are my team too, but I feel like anybody that says good riddance to a person that is willing to spend his own money and go to the game every week isn't thinking clearly. I'd love it if more die hard fans exsisted, but they don't. There has to be a way to convert casual fans into long term supporters, and winning is the easiest way to do this. Even if the team is not winning showing signs of progress, good coaching, and playing entertaining football games can get people to come back and that didn't happen the second half of the season. I'm not going to pretend I have all the answers, but I don't think demanding loyalty to the program just because they are the Gophers helps anything.

I'd have to agree with this - but for a different reason - every seat is fantastic! We were on one of the last days for season ticket holders to get seats, because some people in our group didn't have a lot of points - and we wanted to stay together, so we're in 219, right next to the student section...and I LOVE our seats. I was just talking to a friend yesterday that paid for premium seats, and said he may want to move closer to us because we can stand when we want, and cheer without getting yelled at for clapping too loud. That's actually why we wanted to buddy up to the student section too - and why for the past 10 years I've lobbied for a young alumni/superfan section.

I guess it's more difficult to justify shelling out the cash, unless you really just want to give to the U, when you know that every seat will have an amazing view.

I doubled my Twins package for next year, but will try to get to 2 games next year. It should be more of a buyers market next year. I'd like to get to the USC and PSU games.

Top Bottom