What will attendance be for New Hampshire game?

What will actual attendance be for New Hampshire game?

• 50,000+

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • 45,000-50,000

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • 40,000-45,000

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • Under 40,000

Votes: 46 38.7%

• Total voters

Stan

Reaction score
What will actual attendance be for New Hampshire game?

Actual butts in the seats, I'll say 42,000. Should be a good student turnout because it's the first game, regardless of opponent.

FWIW, preliminary forecast says 71 and sunny. Perfect day to be outside at the game.

Actual or credited?

I'm more curious on actual, though obviously it will be a guessing game.

I bet credited will be in the 43-45K range and actual will be a few thousand less.

Actual will be 36,000. I do not like it, but that is what it will be.

I'm more curious on actual, though obviously it will be a guessing game.

I bet credited will be in the 43-45K range and actual will be a few thousand less.

OK, thanks for the clarification. Actual will be well below 40 k, and I'm guessing in the 45-46 k range for credited.

I would think under 40K, but I hope I'm wrong.

I have mixed feelings about how many no-shows there will be. On one hand there was some positivity at the end of last season and they did win Thursday, so they have that going for them. On the other hand, the win was ugly, they're playing UNH (which to most people might as well be St. Mary's School for the Blind) and it's still summery (word?) enough that football hasn't sunk in.

Anyone have any updates about student season tickets sales?

Sadly, with the new stadium I thought this would be a moot issue. Unreal the number of dead ass people who don't support your ONLY Division 1 football program in the state. I want to puke that this is even a topic.

Who cares who is not there, it is there loss

Sadly, with the new stadium I thought this would be a moot issue. Unreal the number of dead ass people who don't support your ONLY Division 1 football program in the state. I want to puke that this is even a topic.
Why worry about those that no show or will not be there. It is there loss, the rest of us will be having a good time on Saturday enjoying Gopher gameday.

Show up, be loud, support the team and have as good a time that you can handle at your tailgate. We cannot concern ourselves with the naysayers and those that choose not be there. If you can show up, bring a friend or talk some people into showing up for the game and buying tickets, I'm not guaranteeing Victory but with the weather it is definately going to be a Golden time of day and a good time.

I would think under 40K, but I hope I'm wrong.

I have mixed feelings about how many no-shows there will be. On one hand there was some positivity at the end of last season and they did win Thursday, so they have that going for them. On the other hand, the win was ugly, they're playing UNH (which to most people might as well be St. Mary's School for the Blind) and it's still summery (word?) enough that football hasn't sunk in.
Does no one remember the 2003 Frozen Four? They'll be looking for revenge.

I'm currently a graduate student (who bought a student ticket package and a guest pass this morning), and on campus today I heard someone say that they were giving away tickets for the first game to freshman and the freshman were giving them away because they did not want them. If that is the case, there could be a big gap between tickets "sold" and actual butts in seats.

I'm currently a graduate student (who bought a student ticket package and a guest pass this morning), and on campus today I heard someone say that they were giving away tickets for the first game to freshman and the freshman were giving them away because they did not want them. If that is the case, there could be a big gap between tickets "sold" and actual butts in seats.

A huge shame. Haven't even been to a game as a student and already giving away tickets. If that doesn't speak to the apathy that we have to overcome I don't know what does.

Most of the student body at the U sucks. Maybe it is time to stop worrying about them.

Anyone have any updates about student season tickets sales?

The last I heard last week was 2500...so no where close to the 6000 last year.

As for attendance, I'm guessing close to 45,000 will be announced, probably 35,000 actually there.

If it's anything in the 30s, I will shed a tear at the stadium.

I think it's time to shrink the student section to 6-7 thousand if they are actually giving away tickets they got for free. Not that there are a ton of people to snatch up the others anyway, but you could always sell the end upper deck tickets to visitors or single game tickets.

It is the new wave students boys. I-phone=twitter=Facebook. You see them down in Dinkytown just a Facebooken and .Twitteren. sitting at the bars. They can't carry a face to face conversation for more than a minute without sticking their nose into their I-Phones.
What a sorry generation of pathetic lost souls. And the parents start them early. My wife and I were out for dinner and the parents, and I believe grandparents, and two twin boys I would say
about 6 years of age. They both had AT&T I-Phones and had their faces in them playing games.
I could tell the grandparents were pissed, but didn't say anything.

My wife can't make the game this week, so I have an extra ticket, if any co-ed wants to join me. Con: I'm no where near the student section and your friends. Pro: I'll buy you beer.

The last I heard last week was 2500...so no where close to the 6000 last year.

As for attendance, I'm guessing close to 45,000 will be announced, probably 35,000 actually there.

Thanks GL

That's really sad.

As others stated in an earlier thread, maybe it's time to sell or give those away to other Mn college students or hs students.

Those seats need to be filled.

-1 for a few games. My son has his JV games on Saturdays at 10 a.m. I still haven't figured out this deleima. Also haven't missed many tailgates since the Bank opened.

I've been recruiting hard for some of my friends to come to the games with me. Last year it was just me and my friend, but now we convinced 9 of our friends to buy student season tickets this year. I also convince international students to buy tickets when I show them around campus just because football is part of American culture.

I also convince international students to buy tickets when I show them around campus just because football is part of American culture.

My friends who were international students all found college FB to be the easiest US sport to get into b/c the passionate fanbases, emphasis on traditions, extra strong rivalries, etc are the closet thing to international soccer.

I looked online and surprisingly almost all of the tickets are sold. There are a few sections that appear a little empty but those will probably get close to selling out by game day. I believe we will have 48,000+ tickets sold. My guess is is that 40,000-43,000 show up. Anything under 40,000 and we are in some serious trouble. We desperately need to start out 4-0.

If we get back to winning consistently this won't be an issue. Sad but true. I will go and follow the team no matter what.....same as most of the posters here. Unfortunately the casual student fan needs them to win to get more into it.

If we get back to winning consistently this won't be an issue. Sad but true. I will go and follow the team no matter what.....same as most of the posters here. Unfortunately the casual student fan needs them to win to get more into it.

That's just the way Minnesotans are in general. Sad really, because I believe fan support is directly related to success. Look at all the great pro-franchises: Packers, Yankees, Anything Boston, Even the Tigers are big spenders because their fans get behind the team. Same goes for college, a recruit will see the atmosphere and commit to that school.

Unfortunately, Minnesota fans will never realize this and we will remain mediocre in every sport but Hockey (The only sport this state will follow win or lose).

Top Bottom