What will attendance be for New Hampshire game?

What will actual attendance be for New Hampshire game?

• 50,000+

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • 45,000-50,000

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • 40,000-45,000

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • Under 40,000

Votes: 46 38.7%

• Total voters
Yes, the student section pretty much filled the lower level seats and had a good number in the upper section (750-1,000 I'd say). I understand that many of them received free tickets but that's the point. Get them in, gorgeous day, great game, great energy in the student section, hopefully most of them bought tickets (or do this week). For the record, I honestly believe that percentage-wise, the student section had a better turnout than the general seating areas. From the home sideline looking at the away side, there were large chunks of seats completely open with obvious 1-2-3 seats in a row also empty. I'd say maybe 60% full in non-student section seats. So my guess for butts in seats was 35,000, which was more than I thought.

41,000 announced. 31,000 actually in the stands.

There were 41,000 there but 10,000 were either in a line to get a beer or returning to their suits with a beer. You might say it was a moving target.

I think it ended up being 47K or so announced. Better than we hoped, and the Gophers' performance will help bring them back.

Yes, the student section pretty much filled the lower level seats and had a good number in the upper section (750-1,000 I'd say). I understand that many of them received free tickets but that's the point. Get them in, gorgeous day, great game, great energy in the student section, hopefully most of them bought tickets (or do this week). For the record, I honestly believe that percentage-wise, the student section had a better turnout than the general seating areas. From the home sideline looking at the away side, there were large chunks of seats completely open with obvious 1-2-3 seats in a row also empty. I'd say maybe 60% full in non-student section seats. So my guess for butts in seats was 35,000, which was more than I thought.

There were also a ton of people on the plaza and in the concourse. It was packed almost the entire game by the beer.

There were also a ton of people on the plaza and in the concourse. It was packed almost the entire game by the beer.

From where I was sitting (upper deck home side by the bowl for the first 1.5 quarters, student section the rest) it was hard to tell. Knowing how big the plaza is and how much room the tents took up, however, I would still be shocked if there were more than 38,000 total in the stadium. 3,000 people in the plaza would be PACKED.

Sounds a whole lot better than we were thinking about a week ago.

Top Bottom