What, no NDSU Champ Game thread?

There are NDSU graduates, and future students, all over the Twin Cities.

I'm not sure how promoting the football team does anything for future students, unless someone goes to a school based on the football team's success (which I think would be crazy, but that's another argument).

I was just surprised they spent that kind of money for something like this 230 miles from campus. I get the ads promoting the school though.

I'm not sure how promoting the football team does anything for future students, unless someone goes to a school based on the football team's success (which I think would be crazy, but that's another argument).

I was just surprised they spent that kind of money for something like this 230 miles from campus. I get the ads promoting the school though.

Didn't Iwoa have a billboard off 35w at one point?

Looks like we have found a marketing department worse than the U's. Spend all that money to advertise to an audience that probably has no clue what you are talking about. That would be like the U doing this in downtown Chicago. This blows my mind.

Would UofMN put up a billboard in Chicago after a Rose Bowl victory? Sure they would.

NDSUs student population is surging, and 40%+ of students are from our state, so this is strategic marketing.

Whoever owns the billboards gave the space to NDSU for free. NDSU does do advertising in the Twin Cities but it is more focused on academics.

Would UofMN put up a billboard in Chicago after a Rose Bowl victory? Sure they would. NDSUs student population is surging, and 40%+ of students are from our state, so this is strategic marketing.

HA! You cannot be serious! Yes, there are a lot of Alumni living and working in Chicago, but the U would not even think to put up a billboard in Chicago. That is just a waste of money. Just like this would be if they had spent money on it. They are not going to increase ticket sales, which would be the point of advertising your football team. So why do it? I understand marketing your school academically, but not athletically. Minneapolis is not a market for the Bison. Sure, NDSU grads working downtown may think it is cool, but that is it.

Whoever owns the billboards gave the space to NDSU for free. NDSU does do advertising in the Twin Cities but it is more focused on academics.

Yeah I get the academics billboard. And considering they got this for free, I guess it makes sense. Maybe the owner of the billboards is an alum?

Would UofMN put up a billboard in Chicago after a Rose Bowl victory? Sure they would.

NDSUs student population is surging, and 40%+ of students are from our state, so this is strategic marketing.

Of course they are. You can't find enough students to fill out an enrollment sheet from that mouth-breathing state, so they have to go to a quality state to do so.

Conversely, the North Dakotans enrolled at the U make up less than 1% of the enrollment:

http://www.oir.umn.edu/student/enrollment_map/report?goback=.gde_70434_member_5828986612234596356#!

When you can't get into a real school, you go to an agricultural college.

Frustration that admin's won't move trash like this to off-topic considering you created it to talk about NDSU playing for a JV football championship.

Off-Topic Board(120 Viewing)
This is the place to discuss all topics outside of Gopher sports or Collegiate athletics.

7 National Titles Football Forum(478 Viewing)
The "7 National Titles Football Forum" is the place where Gopher football fans gather to talk about the team, college football, recruiting and the program's march back to Pasadena.

Off-Topic Board(120 Viewing) This is the place to discuss all topics outside of Gopher sports or Collegiate athletics. 7 National Titles Football Forum(478 Viewing) The "7 National Titles Football Forum" is the place where Gopher football fans gather to talk about the team, college football, recruiting and the program's march back to Pasadena.

If ndsu topics actually talked football I would agree! Station and don are bison fans, which is fine, but gopherhole should be about college football as it pertains to the gophers not hypothetical pissing matches etc

If ndsu topics actually talked football I would agree! Station and don are bison fans, which is fine, but gopherhole should be about college football as it pertains to the gophers not hypothetical pissing matches etc

Not really.

I am fascinated by the whiners though.:cool02:

Of course they are. You can't find enough students to fill out an enrollment sheet from that mouth-breathing state, so they have to go to a quality state to do so.

Conversely, the North Dakotans enrolled at the U make up less than 1% of the enrollment.

North Dakota State threads are some of the most entertaining (and popular) on GopherHole. There's something about the Bison that brings out the worst in some Gophers fans!

23910_10104129426787550_412588857_n.jpg

Frustration that admin's won't move trash like this to off-topic considering you created it to talk about NDSU playing for a JV football championship.

It kills me that morons such as yourself like to refer to NDSU as playing JV or DII football. It really makes the two losses the Gophers had to the Bison look that much worse. Keep it up dips#!t! Love it.

Conversely, the North Dakotans enrolled at the U make up less than 1% of the enrollment:

http://www.oir.umn.edu/student/enrollment_map/report?goback=.gde_70434_member_5828986612234596356#!

Ha! Minnesota is a land grant and you trash it. You really are a dumb ass.

It kills me that morons such as yourself like to refer to NDSU as playing JV or DII football. It really makes the two losses the Gophers had to the Bison look that much worse. Keep it up dips#!t! Love it.

Careful. He already has a fragile ego.

Top Bottom