What grade would you give the Gophers coaches in the Quick Lane Bowl win?

• A

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • B

Votes: 65 57.5%
  • C

Votes: 19 16.8%
  • D

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • F

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

A bit hard question this time. New signal caller for the D, and a QB making his first ever start. They won, no major mistakes, used the 2 RB wildcat, D came through a number of times.

Going with an A.
Consider the opponent. Not exactly a power 5 team.

Gave a B for no good reason. Just didn't feel like an A.

That offered, winning is better and we won.

On to next year...

Settled after the first drive. Controlled the line of scrimmage in the second half and did what was needed to win.

Gave it a C. Weird 2pt decisions and got a little off on the playcallung on multiple series plus the TO sitch in the first half. Overall solid and got the win, nothing flashy

Beating a mediocre MAC team by 6 points. Sorry, that's a C in my book. Glad they won but they should beat this team 9 out of 10 times.
They aren't a mediocre MAC team. And even if they were, by that logic, you can't give an A no matter what. In other words since the opponent sucks, our coaches automatically get a C? Where's the line? Do we have to beat 'em by 50 for a B?

Bowl games have 1 goal, win. There’s no tomorrow.

A.

Go Gophers!!
I also gave an A. Too many people here have the attitude that since our bowl opponent "sucked" then our coaches don't deserve a decent grade. Stupid logic. I thought they were good today. We had a fill-in DC. We had a QB making his first career start. We didn't have our best player on D. We were not capable of passing the ball effectively (not the coach's fault). We took what BG gave us. We ran the ball pretty much at will (mostly due to Darius) but the O line was good. We took some deep shots. And we had a little fun (first extra point try). I thought it was a great way to end an otherwise disappointing season.

I also gave an A. Too many people here have the attitude that since our bowl opponent "sucked" then our coaches don't deserve a decent grade. Stupid logic. I thought they were good today. We had a fill-in DC. We had a QB making his first career start. We didn't have our best player on D. We were not capable of passing the ball effectively (not the coach's fault). We took what BG gave us. We ran the ball pretty much at will (mostly due to Darius) but the O line was good. We took some deep shots. And we had a little fun (first extra point try). I thought it was a great way to end an otherwise disappointing season.

Most of the complaining seems to be centered around people were disappointed or upset that the Gopher coaches didn't do what they wanted them to do.

Grade D for fleck

Dumb 2 pt conversion attempt
Dumb time-out usage
Dumb pass plays (why throw downfield!?!)

Grade A for Special Teams

What actually WON the game 🏆

Punting, returns and kicking. Soooo many short field drives. Amazingly.

Most of the complaining seems to be centered around people were disappointed or upset that the Gopher coaches didn't do what they wanted them to do.
Seems to be from posters who rarely come on here unless its game day to post negative posts. These souls are living a shallow life.

This isn’t really a coach thing but Minnesota’s offensive tackles (both of them) played super poorly. Kinda need an upgrade there next year …

I also feel very strongly that Bryson should be playing strong side safety. He’s too good of an athlete to not have him involved in the play.

They aren't a mediocre MAC team. And even if they were, by that logic, you can't give an A no matter what. In other words since the opponent sucks, our coaches automatically get a C? Where's the line? Do we have to beat 'em by 50 for a B?
A 5-3 record in the MAC conference makes them a mediocre team to me. We beat them by one score and let them stay in the game. Up by two touchdowns they suddenly go away from their strength (running game) and give them the ball back leading to a quick score. Yeah, a C sounds about right, average. They didn't dominate all aspects which would have been an A, or at least pull away when they had a chance, which would have been a B. If they would have lost to Bowling Green it would have been an F. I was happy with the win but it was not as easy as it should have been in my opinion. As per usual this season, they played down to their opposition.

Another masterclass by PJ. Without him we’d be stuck in some shit like the Quicklane bowl against some team like bowling green. Apex year for the program.

Before your heads fall off …

Joking 🙃

Special teams was a grade A as it was the difference in the game. The offenses and the defenses of the 2 teams were a draw.

the took the talent they had and outclassed a MAC team. Normally we should have won by more, but we have little receiving talent and no QBs at all. So I was happy enough.

Top Bottom