What grade would you give the Gophers 2014 regular season?

What grade would you give the regular season?

• A

Votes: 48 34.3%
  • B

Votes: 89 63.6%
  • C

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

B or C sounds about right. Did some things very well and had some missed chances that would have made it special.

I went with a B. Highlights are the wins over Nebraska and Iowa with the lowlights being the Illinois game and today's game. Really anxious to see this program get over the 5-3 conference mark, that should absolutely be the goal for next season.

Combined record of teams that beat the Gophers: 38-10. Got to beat those teams to take the next step though.

Graded a "B."

The 2014 Gophers probably deserve a B+ relative to the pre-season projections, especially with wins against MI, IA, and NE that were seen then as almost sure losses.

But no extra credit today though. Tough loss for all.

B- We've come a long ways. How quickly people forget the mess we were in.

Agreed. Not too long ago we were playing in the "who gives a sh!t" 11 am BTN game on the last weekend...a la Purdue-Indiana. Today was fun. I'm disappointed, but I'm pleased with where the program is at -- and headed.

Oh, and on that note, I'd vote "B+" on the regular season. I would've been very happy with 8-4 before the season -- especially if you told me TCU was a top 5 team. Hats off to the team and coaches for a fun ride. Eyelash away from being truly special! but still fun.

B and would have been a solid B+ if not for the Illinois loss. I expected 6 wins maybe 7 but not 8. I think it was a better regular season than last year.

I'm going with a B.
I had them pegged at 7-5 before the season. So a better season than I figured. Certainly didn't think they would be division contenders.
I can see the progress but believe there's still quite a way to go.

No way anyone can say anything lower than a B. This was a solid season and a great step in the right direction. We were competitive in every game except TCU because we had five turnovers. Next year our home schedule is better and we can make another run at the title.

That should be the goal next year. Anything less than a west title will not cut it for me next year, but this year I am very content. Let's win the bowl game.

No way anyone can say anything lower than a B. This was a solid season and a great step in the right direction. We were competitive in every game except TCU because we had five turnovers. Next year our home schedule is better and we can make another run at the title.

That should be the goal next year. Anything less than a west title will not cut it for me next year, but this year I am very content. Let's win the bowl game.

Agree all around. That's why I'll go for A-. I know Michigan is down and Nebraska isn't great, but, we won in Ann Arbor and Lincoln, destroyed Iowa, won 5 conference games for the first time since '03, and played competitively vs. the 2 division champions. Sure, there were a couple missed opportunities and some frustrations along the way, but prior to the season I'd have taken that in a heartbeat.

I said B+, would have been an A if they win today, an A+++++++++++ had they taken out Ohio State. Improving throughout the season. Need to solve the QB situation next year and I like our chances. Donovan Jones should be entertaining to watch !

B, but I'll go B+ with a bowl win. We've had a good year. The 2nd half of today was disappointing but happy with performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.

No ability to plus or minus, I went B but would push that up to a B+. Just can't push it up to the A range due to the loss at Illinois.

A lot of progress though. Tough team mentally and physically. Doesn't leave anything on the field. Opposition knows it has been in a game. Didn't fold at the end of games.

Agreed. People who say this is either a B- or a C are ridiculous. 8-4 against a tougher schedule than last year and only once were they blown out. I really get sick of the negativity. And as far as that loss to Illinois, well, they demonstrated with aplomb that they are not the "worst team" in the Big Ten today.

I went A and my reasoning is that going into the season this team was not expected to be a contender so I evaluated the season with that in mind.

Given they were not supposed to contend they won 5 Big Ten games, beat Michigan in Ann Arbor, Beat Nebraska in Lincoln and beat the tar out of Iowa at home. There was the obvious blemish of the loss to Illinois but I don't view that as enough to drop them down a grade. Bottom line a team that was supposed to finish 5th in their division improved their Big Ten record and had a shot to get to the BIG title game. Given the expectations going into the year I have a hard time seeing this season getting anything less than an A.

A solid B+ is earned in my book.

I was expecting a 5-7 to 7-5 season.

Hopefully, the QB play will improve over this year and the playbook repertoire will open up more as the players under Kill's system gain another year of maturity with the RS players contributing in a big way.

The work that they will put in this off season will be crucial to their success in 2015.

A. Before the season, I felt matching last year's record would be an improvement given that we essentially swapped games @ New Mexico State and vs PSU for games @TCU and vs. OSU.

Virtually everyone, on this board and in the media, was repeating that we might be better, but finish with a worse record.

We had our own destiny in our hands on the last Saturday of the year, and will win a bowl game to finish with a better record than last year.

If that's not an "A", I don't know what is.

Much better than I expected - and there is still a bowl game to go. With a middling B10 QB like Armstrong, we'd probably have won today and at Illinois. With someone like Barrett, we'd be 11-1. Need a reliable passer the next two years, preferably one quick enough to do the zone read run when required.

Solid B for me. I picked us 1-3 in the NC and 3-5 in the BIG with W's over NU, PU and Illini. I was hoping for one W against MI and the last four for 7 W's max and a bowl game.

The only disappointment was the Illini game and how we performed in the second half yesterday. But give Wisky credit as they deserved the W.

A solid B, but please NO ONE has forgotten the mess he inherited. It's rolled-out all over every time they lose.

A- I was around alot of people this week and i have to say just listening to people talk about the gophers like i have never heard before. Hey u watching the game or did you see the game.. What a great sound :)

'B'

Had a few really good wins (Michigan, Iowa, and Nebraska) but also dropped the Illinois game. Beat Illinois and Wisconsin and that lands us at an 'A'.

Team: B+. QB: D.

The team greatly improved in rushing, special teams, defense, and overall attitude. If we had beaten IL I would give the team an A- because I didn't think we would win more than 7 games this year. We finally have playmakers at many positions and more talent waiting in the wings. The biggest issue we all know is at QB. I would really like to see ML7 and CS5 go to some super elite QB camps during the summer to figure out what they need to do to be better passers. Otherwise next man up. Can anyone tell me if Dimonic Mckinzy will at all be a contender at QB? I also wonder where they will place Demry Croft, considering they made DJ4 a WR soon after fall camp opened last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. People who say this is either a B- or a C are ridiculous. 8-4 against a tougher schedule than last year and only once were they blown out. I really get sick of the negativity. And as far as that loss to Illinois, well, they demonstrated with aplomb that they are not the "worst team" in the Big Ten today.

I went with B- Lost to Illinois brought it down a bit. If we had a perfect season or perhaps one or two losses then a A. Am I happy with the season? Of course as I didn't think they would have done this well. Didn't mean to come off negative.

Top Bottom