What does this mean?

It has been a few weeks since the Fitzgerald injury so we are due for some bad news.

The Cubs laugh at how cursed Gopher BB is.

A month ago he was a 'key team leader' now probably off the team. Oy Pitino.

a435dda43293d3568cecde211f3b7bb6.gif

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I just listened to the new talk Gopher buckets podcast to try to get excited for the season and then this ):

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

From the surface it appears like McBrayer is beating him out for a starting position and he doesn't like it - as a 5th year senior. I hope he re- thinks this - it's a long season and we need him.

Go Gophers!!

I wondered if it was because he's not the "starter" as of now. I doubt Pitino promised him a starting spot to lure him here, but you never know.

There are so many minutes available at the 2 and 3. I thought this kid was a competitor. Hopefully the tweet is just completely out of basketball context.

So as a fifth year senior grad transfer who has already participated in official practices, he will effectively burn his final year of DI eligibility if he leaves, correct ?

No surprise that Pitino would go with returning players as starters at the start of the year. That doesn't mean that 5 will be starting when the conference season begins.

From the surface it appears like McBrayer is beating him out for a starting position and he doesn't like it - as a 5th year senior. I hope he re- thinks this - it's a long season and we need him.
We were picked to be 12th in the conference, with him. Not sure how losing a kid who's never played a game for the Gophers is going to hurt. So we end up 13th. It seems like a good number for our present program.

We were picked to be 12th in the conference, with him. Not sure how losing a kid who's never played a game for the Gophers is going to hurt. So we end up 13th. It seems like a good number for our present program.

Why even play the season? Seems like you have it all figured out already.

So you think Coffey leaving wouldn't hurt? I mean he hasn't played a game for the Gophers either. Losing Springs would hurt. How much? Hard to say.

And since when have these predictions meant anything?

So you think Coffey leaving wouldn't hurt? I mean he hasn't played a game for the Gophers either. Losing Springs would hurt. How much? Hard to say.

And since when have these predictions meant anything?
Our excellent record last season leads many to think 12 is accurate until proven otherwise.

Me, I love roller-coasters, which is why the Gophers are a great team to support. The ups and downs in this program are bordering on epic tales.

A few thoughts:

1. I am a bit more on the pessimistic side of projections so I do somewhat agree with you there.

2. To have a middle or maybe even upper-tier B10 season, we need depth so that is why Springs matters.

3. If one is as pessimistic as you are (again, I am, but not as much), that's pretty huge just throwing the season away regardless. Pitino not showing improvement is a big deal. He'll get canned and I fear another 2 years of program Armageddon with guys that seem very tied to Pitino possibly leaving and/or the new guy needing to have 2 years to get his players/install his system.

Sounds like Springs is staying (?) so phew.

Please ignore all the extra Twitter lingo from the copy and paste. This is his brother. Too much to screen grab so I just copied all of it. This reminds me a bit of AJ Barker's Mom's best friend.

The one that stuck out to me the most was this:

Dieu Noir ‏@Wayne2times 12m12 minutes ago
Dieu Noir Retweeted *
#TrustTheProcess ✊&#55356;&#57342;Dieu Noir added,
* @Vikingspls
@Wayne2times Akeem will start alot of games. Pitino just must not think he's ready yet since he just got in the system. Trust the process
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
Dieu Noir ‏@Wayne2times 26m26 minutes ago
6.Im still gone tweet whatever the **** I want
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
Dieu Noir ‏@Wayne2times 26m26 minutes ago
4. He isn't a "role player"
5. We believe in Patino that's why we chose Minnesota despite them being bad last year and all the team problems
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
Dieu Noir ‏@Wayne2times 28m28 minutes ago
1. When I tweet it's really my feelings that's it.2.I tweet whatever the **** I want 3.My brother has his own views and is all for the "team
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
Dieu Noir Retweeted
* ‏@Vikingspls 51m51 minutes ago
@Wayne2times Akeem said he wants to play in the NCAA Tournament. Milwaukee sure as hell ain't making it lmao
0 replies 1 retweet 0 likes
Reply Retweet 1 Buffer
More
Dieu Noir ‏@Wayne2times 29m29 minutes ago
Dieu Noir Retweeted *
This is true sir lol everything is good #GoGopherDieu Noir added,
* @Vikingspls
@Wayne2times Akeem said he wants to play in the NCAA Tournament. Milwaukee sure as hell ain't making it lmao
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
Dieu Noir ‏@Wayne2times 1h1 hour ago
I still haven't spoke to Akeem yet to see where is mind is but I doubt he even knows what the fuss is about.
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
Dieu Noir Retweeted Darren Wolfson
Anytime ✊&#55356;&#57342;Dieu Noir added,
Darren Wolfson @DWolfsonKSTP
@Wayne2times I respect your honesty. Hope it works out for you guys.
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
We aren't leaving the program RELAX PEOPLE. #GoGophers
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
Dieu Noir ‏@Wayne2times 2h2 hours ago
I respect @Marcus_R_Fuller for this convo ✊&#55356;&#57342;✊&#55356;&#57342; #Goodreporter
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
Dieu Noir Retweeted Darren Wolfson
I agree with all of this but the whole coming off the bench thing isn't "ok" just being honest Darren.Dieu Noir added,
Darren Wolfson @DWolfsonKSTP
@Wayne2times he can play plenty. Finishing games bigger deal than starting. Team can use him. Role will take care of itself.
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
Dieu Noir Retweeted Kyle Rice
You obviously don't know how good he is but I see you aren't the only one, no problem palDieu Noir added,
Kyle Rice @Kylejrice
@Wayne2times @Marcus_R_Fuller @DWolfsonKSTP best players in America? Come on. Agree that he could start on this team but needs to earn it
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
Could have stayed at Milwaukee for this lol
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
We trust Patino but we ain't doing no damn 6-7-8 man **** his last year
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
so by having his resume and all of the tools to be a starter and one of the best players in America he shouldn't feel he should start? OkDieu Noir added,
Kyle Rice @Kylejrice
@Wayne2times @Marcus_R_Fuller @DWolfsonKSTP See ya, don't want him if thinks this way. He's not bigger than the team
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
CREDIBLE SOURCE
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
@Marcus_R_Fuller and started!!he didn't choose Minnesota to come off the bench for some other role players
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
@Marcus_R_Fuller Akeem only came to Minnesota to start when he graduated from Milwaukee there were 25 + schools he could have went to
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
If he doesn't start he won't be there! Don't tell him anything about "tuffin up" my dad wouldn't appreciate that! - HIS BROTHERDieu Noir added,
Kyle Rice @Kylejrice
@Wayne2times @Marcus_R_Fuller @DWolfsonKSTP was hearing he was leaving due to not starting. If not true, disregard. If true, tuff'n up
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
"He will help and play a lot of minutes" MFER WE HEARD THAT AT THE FIRST SCHOOL HE LEFT
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
Everybody in the state of Minnesota needs to know AKEEM MAURICE SPRINGS WILL START OR ITS OVER.

SOURCE : ME HIS BROTHER
0 replies 1 retweet 0 likes
Reply Retweet 1 Buffer
More
In reply to Marcus R. Fuller
@Marcus_R_Fuller @DWolfsonKSTP he isn't leaving but he isn't a role player or a come off the bench guy!
Reply Retweet Buffer
More
Watch yo mouth about my brotherDieu Noir added,
Kyle Rice @Kylejrice
@Marcus_R_Fuller @DWolfsonKSTP if he's considering leaving because of not starting then see you later..we don't need babies on this team

Look like things are ok now, appears that he was speaking out of frustration rather than facts.

Dieu 5.JPG

Twitter drama is exactly what we needed a couple weeks before the start of the season. What happened to the twitter ban Pitino used to employ?

Twitter drama is exactly what we needed a couple weeks before the start of the season. What happened to the twitter ban Pitino used to employ?

That's the thing, the ban doesn't make any sense either. 1st of all, they still check everything. 2nd, they should use Twitter as a way to engage fans, sell tickets, fill the Barn, and get people excited about the season. They should also be using it to build their personal brands...I'm not sure what kind of SM training they get though.

This is fascinating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the thing, the ban doesn't make any sense either. 1st of all, they still check everything. 2nd, they should use Twitter as a way to engage fans, sell tickets, fill the Barn, and get people excited about the season. They should also be using it to build their personal brands...I'm not sure what kind of SM training they get though.

Nadine... With all due respect, I know SM is a lifestyle for you.

Look no further than last spring for a great reason to ban Twitter.

/conversation

Sorry, best way to build your brand is to Win.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1. Springs just joined the team, and during the scrimmage he clearly looked out of place. So no, he should not start if there was a game today. And that is what Pitino was referring to. To get upset about that is just insane.

2. The brother claims Springs is one of the best players in the country. Clearly, he is extremely biased and delusional.

3. The brother blames his reaction on being in Mississippi and getting his information from articles. Clearly, he isn't very close to his brother, or he would have just picked up the phone and talked to him directly.

So this all appears to be a lot about nothing. If he isn't good enough to pass Dupree, he will be a great 6th man. Nothing else to it.

Top Bottom