What does this mean?

1. Springs just joined the team, and during the scrimmage he clearly looked out of place. So no, he should not start if there was a game today. And that is what Pitino was referring to. To get upset about that is just insane.

2. The brother claims Springs is one of the best players in the country. Clearly, he is extremely biased and delusional.

3. The brother blames his reaction on being in Mississippi and getting his information from articles. Clearly, he isn't very close to his brother, or he would have just picked up the phone and talked to him directly.

So this all appears to be a lot about nothing. If he isn't good enough to pass Dupree, he will be a great 6th man. Nothing else to it.

Excellent points.

In cases like these, for me the key moving forward is body language. What does his BL say when we actually see him in games? Will we see pouting, shrugged shoulders, palms up and/or a ton of shot hunting, or will we see a guy who just got a little frustrated early in his Gopher career who now realizes he needs to fit in and be a part of the solution instead of part of the problem?

Obviously hoping for the latter.

My expectations for Springs have dropped like a rock. He doesn't seem to be very mentally tough and apparently not willing to work hard to earn his spot. Prove me wrong Akeem.

This guys is all over the place. He keeps contradicting himself. If he doesn't start, he's gone. Then he's not going anywhere.

How about we at least get into the season to see how it goes?

3. The brother blames his reaction on being in Mississippi and getting his information from articles. Clearly, he isn't very close to his brother, or he would have just picked up the phone and talked to him directly.

Yup...there was a lot of "we" in his tweets. I figured he was up here with him.

I sincerely hope that Mr. Springs doesn't think he's indispensable because he is not from what I saw at the practice!!

Whew! Our 12th place prediction is still possible now that Springs is staying in the fold. I was getting nervous for a moment.

I am always interested in why starting a game seems so important to people. It seems more important that a coach wants you in a close game at the end. Will Springs be a guy playing in crunch time?

I had a conversation with the father of a softball player during the St. Cloud DH on Friday. When talking about the line-up changes, transfers came into the conversation. He basically said that some promises are usually made to transfers.

I had a conversation with the father of a softball player during the St. Cloud DH on Friday. When talking about the line-up changes, transfers came into the conversation. He basically said that some promises are usually made to transfers.

We've always been told Pitino is bling and a straight shooter. I feel like there are articles in the past where people were commenting on how Richard didn't make those types of "promises" to attract recruits. Then again, I could be totally fabricating this.

Nadine... With all due respect, I know SM is a lifestyle for you.

Look no further than last spring for a great reason to ban Twitter.

/conversation

This philosophy is just like banning kids from using a knife (kitchen knife that is), that doesn't solve the problem. You have to TEACH them how to use a knife so they don't cut themselves. Also, when the team has been banned from Twitter, our results were worse. It doesn't help them. I'd guess it would be more frustrating because they read it all, and aren't able to have a voice.

I would like to think Pitino did not make promises to Akeem that he would start, although, it could be understood given the state of the program. If he did, this is the exact reason why that is the last selling point you want to have to make to a recruit. And if he did, you would hope that Akeem would have the maturity at this point to make the adjustment if things changed and go out and earn it. I hope he now has the maturity to apologize to his teammates so they can move on because they are sure going to need him this season whether starting or back up.

Top Bottom