What a HUGE win!!!!

On another note, anybody else catch Mason taunting the crowd when we were up 13? I could do without that.

He did it a couple times, once during our incredible start in the first 5 minutes (he cupped his ear when Mackey was dead quiet after he made a basket) and made the shhh sign with his finger in the 2nd half. I can do without that too, mainly since it's asking for a T, which can kill you on the road.

On another note, anybody else catch Mason taunting the crowd when we were up 13? I could do without that.
Are you talking when he hit the floater and then cupped his ear as if 'I not hearing much?' That was a taunt but a pretty lame taunt, easy to miss, not that big a deal in my opinion. Now maybe I missed something else?

He did it a couple times, once during our incredible start in the first 5 minutes (he cupped his ear when Mackey was dead quiet after he made a basket) and made the shhh sign with his finger in the 2nd half. I can do without that too, mainly since it's asking for a T, which can kill you on the road.

I could do without it too but no way it is worthy of a T. Players do it all the time.

I don't have a problem with it. That's half the fun of basketball.

I'm okay with that kind of stuff as long as he doesn't let it get to his head.

He played lights out all game, so clearly it didn't.

Its a stretch to call that taunting. Players get yelled and screamed at, have student sections call them everything but a child of God, and have to take it. Shushing the crowd is so minor its done even in high school. Listening yo the silence was hilarious. Some of yall want the players to play hard but show no emotion when thats a large part of what gets some guys going on the road

I've been an avid fan of Gopher basketball for 30 years and Jackson's 1996-97 season is the single best I've seen from a Minnesota player, and it's not close. He was equally dominant on both sides of the floor, so while Nate is emerging as a similarly confident "I'll carry the team on my shoulders" type of offensive player, he would need to progress significantly to be the type of defensive force that Bobby was. In the classroom, well there's that...

I agree with all this. I will add that BJ was an elite rebounding guard and phenomenal in loose ball situations. [emoji56]

I agree with all this. I will add that BJ was an elite rebounding guard and phenomenal in loose ball situations. [emoji56]

And free throws. Did he even miss one during the NCAA run? At least at game endings he didn't.

Its a stretch to call that taunting. Players get yelled and screamed at, have student sections call them everything but a child of God, and have to take it. Shushing the crowd is so minor its done even in high school. Listening yo the silence was hilarious. Some of yall want the players to play hard but show no emotion when thats a large part of what gets some guys going on the road

I've never been to an away Gopher basketball game, but I can vouch that the U of M student section was throwing a lot of shade at MSU last week. MSU players started throwing a little back once they got back in the game. If it's anything like that on the road for the Gophers, I have no problem with our guys having a little fun too.

It's a start, 5-4 B1G record at the half way point and they will have a legit chance of qualifying for the NCAA tournament, sure would be nice to be 3-1 in a week.

Nate passed Flip and Ray Williams on the all-time assist list tonight by the way. Already at 300 assists for his career.

He has a chance to finish in the top 5 in Gopher history in many categories when his career is up including points, assists, and 3 point FG.

Lynch's defense against Swanigan was amazing at the end of the game and in OT. They would have blown out MSU had Lynch done the same.
Watching Lynch's play yesterday had me thinking the same thing. While maybe not a blowout, I definitely think Lynch not fouling out in 11 minutes could have easily changed the outcome of that game. He has to stay out of foul trouble.

I've never been to an away Gopher basketball game, but I can vouch that the U of M student section was throwing a lot of shade at MSU last week. MSU players started throwing a little back once they got back in the game. If it's anything like that on the road for the Gophers, I have no problem with our guys having a little fun too.

I have-at every Big ten arena except the three new ones that don't count-Maryland, Rutgers and Nebraska. I've not sat in the student section at the other arenas, but the students at Williams Arena are very average when it comes to taunting, yelling profanities, etc. Hardest place to play if you are the opposing team? Assembly Hall, Indiana, but Breslin is close behind, partly because the students take up most of the lower level and all wear white and never sit down. Easiest? Probably Welsh-Ryan, Northwestern. Penn State (bryce Jordan Center) is simply boring. MSU fans and IU fans were not only clever and timely with their jeers, but knowledgeable too. I have no doubt Mason and Dupree will get threesome chants or something similar in East Lansing and probably in Madison too.

Are you talking when he hit the floater and then cupped his ear as if 'I not hearing much?' That was a taunt but a pretty lame taunt, easy to miss, not that big a deal in my opinion. Now maybe I missed something else?
Reminiscent of Kessel when he scored the goal in Madison. Loved it then, love it now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have-at every Big ten arena except the three new ones that don't count-Maryland, Rutgers and Nebraska. I've not sat in the student section at the other arenas, but the students at Williams Arena are very average when it comes to taunting, yelling profanities, etc. Hardest place to play if you are the opposing team? Assembly Hall, Indiana, but Breslin is close behind, partly because the students take up most of the lower level and all wear white and never sit down. Easiest? Probably Welsh-Ryan, Northwestern. Penn State (bryce Jordan Center) is simply boring. MSU fans and IU fans were not only clever and timely with their jeers, but knowledgeable too. I have no doubt Mason and Dupree will get threesome chants or something similar in East Lansing and probably in Madison too.

I remember our student section chanting "No means no!" at Rasheed Sulaimon when he was shooting free throws at the Barn last year. It was a reference to sexual assault allegations against him at Duke.

I encourage taunting the crowds! You're never going to get called for a technical for something that's not directed at a specific person. It's fun and part of the reason why college basketball is my favorite sport. Marshall Henderson is one of my favorite villains for his antics with the crowds.

The gif that keeps on giving.

Bunch of curmudgeons that want players to show no emotion, lol. If Mason was taunting a player or specific fan, that's over the line of course. Just cupping your ear or shhing the crowd? Harmless, will never be called a T, and shows confidence.

This team could use some swagger. If he would have gone cold....it would have been a little sillier.....but he completely backed it up. That Dupree dunk was a thing of beauty as well.

Swagger. It's an energy boost for the entire team.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bunch of curmudgeons that want players to show no emotion, lol. If Mason was taunting a player or specific fan, that's over the line of course. Just cupping your ear or shhing the crowd? Harmless, will never be called a T, and shows confidence.

And looks idiotic in retrospect when you let the other team come back from a 13 point deficit to take the lead.

I like what Mason did. To me that gets the rest of the team going, and it shows that they aren't intimidated coming into play a ranked team. If this team can play with the same flare each game there will be a lot of happy campers here on gopher hole throughout the year!

Can't taunt if you're losing. Glad we're having this debate.

Exactly! Hopefully this will continue, people might want to get used to a little taunting because we have a nice NYC Pg coming in next year!

Watching Lynch's play yesterday had me thinking the same thing. While maybe not a blowout, I definitely think Lynch not fouling out in 11 minutes could have easily changed the outcome of that game. He has to stay out of foul trouble.
Without a doubt

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The key was, IMO, that instead of panicking and throwing up a bunch of quick shots (like they did in the closing minutes of the first half and a few short stretches in the second half), Mason regrouped the team and slowed down the offense. They worked the ball around, and were able to get open shots, even if the first couple targets weren't open.

Lynch's defense against Swanigan was amazing at the end of the game and in OT. They would have blown out MSU had Lynch done the same. Big win, gotta bring smiles to all Gophers. Keep it up!

The key was Mason. His best game as a Gopher by far.

You guys must have missed Edwards (or Thompson), talk mad **** to Mason early in the game. Camera got the Purdue guy saying some T-worthy stuff.

THat's why Mason was responding like that towards the end of the game. Mason let his play speak for himself, but when he realized the game was won, Mason started talking, which I am fine with.

Support this team. Buy tickets for the Ohio State game. Come and be loud.

We need to fill the Barn with Gopher fans for the Wisconsin, it was embarrassing last year that the crowd was filled with loud vocal Wisconsin fans. That needs to change this year and hopefully Gopher fans don't sell there tickets to Wisconsin fans.

I encourage taunting the crowds! You're never going to get called for a technical for something that's not directed at a specific person. It's fun and part of the reason why college basketball is my favorite sport. Marshall Henderson is one of my favorite villains for his antics with the crowds.

The gif that keeps on giving.

Man I miss that guy.

You guys must have missed Edwards (or Thompson), talk mad **** to Mason early in the game. Camera got the Purdue guy saying some T-worthy stuff.

THat's why Mason was responding like that towards the end of the game. Mason let his play speak for himself, but when he realized the game was won, Mason started talking, which I am fine with.

EXACTLY! The little half-pint from Purdue hit his second 3 and was right in Mason's face talking crap. It's part of the game. You better have balls of steel to win on the road in the Big 10 cuz you're going to get jobbed by the refs.

It was ridiculous. We couldn't get a call to save our ass in the second half. We didn't even get to the bonus until about a minute left IN OVERTIME despite our guys being knocked to the ground on just about every drive. Great job boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom