What a HUGE win!!!!

What this game tells me is that it's nobody's imagination that this team is talented. They are. Joey King's prophecy from last year keeps popping into my head.

BTN: in the last 20 years nationwide, only two players besides Mason ever scored 30+ and dished out 11 assists.

Just a great win! I thought there was no chance in OT with our foul trouble. They didn't get down when Purdue went on a run in the 2nd half. Only 7 turnovers!

The other great thing about this win is we only play Purdue once. If we win at Northwestern we'll sweep the road singles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other great thing about this win is we only play Purdue once. If we win at Northwestern we'll sweep the road singles.

Indeed, if we meet Purdue again it is in the BT tourney and neutral court sort of.

Great win! All the more impressive with the underclassmen playing like more experienced players.

Most important factor in my book - managed the fouls for the bigs to keep at least 2 on the court. Lynch and Murphy need to play more minutes for this team to win big games - they can't be on the bench with 2 fouls each 10 minutes into the game.

Having said that, if Curry can become a bigger contributor on offense, that gives the team another option. Yes, the 3's were important, but I thought the best play all night for Curry was the aggressive drive to the basket and finish. And Konate - who I thought was a lost cause - is turning into a decent defensive player. Still iffy on offense, but if he can give them 15-20 minutes, play solid defense and rebound, I don't care if he scores a point.

That is the biggest difference between this year and last year - the depth and quality of post play the Gophers are getting. Need to keep that up to win in the B1G.

Its great to get a signature road win under our belts so early!
I agree with all who said the team built on that MSU loss. Lynch stepped up which was essential and hopefully has figured out how to stay in the game. That long stretch of play with 4 fouls was key.
Mason keeps getting better, and what a lift it will be if Curry keeps giving us games like this. To see him come to life in the OT was amazing!

Let's not panic if we lose vs northwestern

That would be awesome. Hopefully they carry the momentum through and can go on a bit of a streak here

Great to see the guys respond. Huge game for Curry, having a frontcourt that goes 4 deep is huge.

Rutgers and Illinois still remain as road singles after Northwestern. I'm super excited after this win, but I still don't wanna start guaranteeing road wins yet.

My biggest takeaway from today's game was how clutch the Gophers shooting was. Every time they needed a shot to slow Purdue momentum, they got one.

Great win. Coach Pitino has assembled a nice group of players and has groomed them into a tough, athletic team. This is just the start of the Real Pitino era at Minnesota.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many times through the years have we seen the gophers fold under similar circumstances, especially on the road. The phrase "signature win" is overused. However, if they build on this game then it really will mean that Pitino has a team that has the talent and resilience to win on the road in the B1G, one of the hardest things to do in sports.

Great game! All they have to do is do it again on Thurs. :)

How many times through the years have we seen the gophers fold under similar circumstances, especially on the road. The phrase "signature win" is overused. However, if they build on this game then it really will mean that Pitino has a team that has the talent and resilience to win on the road in the B1G, one of the hardest things to do in sports.

Great game! All they have to do is do it again on Thurs. :)

They have a very difficult 5 game stretch to kick off the B1G season. Winning this game was critical if they are hoping to go 3-2 over that period. Beating NW is also important coupled with beating OSU at home. I'm not too confident in beating MSU on the road. Hopefully this will help se the tempo for Thursday night. They will need another gritty effort.

It really was such a huge win. Obviously any road win in the Big Ten is well-earned and to do it against the #15 team in the country is all the more special. Man, letting the MSU game slip away hurts even more when you follow it up with a win like this. I hope that loss isn't the one that slips us off the bubble. If we hold serve at home and steal a couple more on the road it won't matter.

Everything you guys are saying is spot on. This W can be so huge - if they follow up with a W at NW. That will be as difficult as this game was. NW has a very nice team. For whatever reason in that small gym, we struggle. With Nate and Dupree running the show - I'm confident. As they are showing us as well. Great - great win.

My biggest takeaway from today's game was how clutch the Gophers shooting was. Every time they needed a shot to slow Purdue momentum, they got one.

There was one instance where I thought for sure Purdue had just hit the dagger. Then Amir Coffey pulls up for a gutsy 3 and drills it to answer. After that I felt a lot more optimistic about getting the win.

Nate passed Flip and Ray Williams on the all-time assist list tonight by the way. Already at 300 assists for his career.

Curry Lynch, Mason, a very well played OT. Is Mason a remake of Bobby Jackson?

I would say he is a considerable improvement over the original. He is attending class and not likely to bring down the NCAA on us.

I would say he is a considerable improvement over the original. He is attending class and not likely to bring down the NCAA on us.

I've been an avid fan of Gopher basketball for 30 years and Jackson's 1996-97 season is the single best I've seen from a Minnesota player, and it's not close. He was equally dominant on both sides of the floor, so while Nate is emerging as a similarly confident "I'll carry the team on my shoulders" type of offensive player, he would need to progress significantly to be the type of defensive force that Bobby was. In the classroom, well there's that...

Will the game be rebroadcast, I missed the second half

If you have BTN through a provider, you can download BTN2GO app and watch it anytime. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

One cool thing that anyone I've seen write about here.

Murphy like the physicallity of the Big 10.

On another note, anybody else catch Mason taunting the crowd when we were up 13? I could do without that.

Top Bottom