WE'RE BACK!!!

Almost zero chance it's going to work out perfectly for all 14 teams. Way too tight of a window, with no wiggle room.

"It is what it is" asterisk season.
Yeah. The chance of every game being played as scheduled for 8 weeks is about the same as the Vikings winning the Super Bowl.

Yeah. The chance of every game being played as scheduled for 8 weeks is about the same as the Vikings winning the Super Bowl.
Cousins and Cook have enough of their money, they're already big winners.

Well, I guess if the NCAA issues a statement that they're willing to grant waivers to any athlete that has already signed with an agent, if they formally end the relationship until after the season concludes.

No idea if that could be on the table. Sounds more like a coach's wishful thinking, but who knows?

But Bateman did say he has asthma, which could be a risk factor for a more severe infection.

I completely respect his decision if he doesn't want to play (regardless if it's because of NFL draft or health concerns for him or others), but there's been a bunch of studies saying asthma isn't a significant risk factor.

Really happy for the players, coaches , fans and the U's budget. Now I hope we can keep them healthy. Go Gophers !

The other question for Bateman is since he signed with an agent, is he still going to school? I could see that being a hurdle if he's not.

Though, he could totally still be going to school as a "Just in case I get hurt during draft prep" backup plan. That said, Bateman stated his reasons were more about health and his asthma than just not getting to play, so I have a feeling he would have opted out regardless and that he's not coming back even if the stars align and he's allowed to.

The other question for Bateman is since he signed with an agent, is he still going to school? I could see that being a hurdle if he's not.

Though, he could totally still be going to school as a "Just in case I get hurt during draft prep" backup plan. That said, Bateman stated his reasons were more about health and his asthma than just not getting to play, so I have a feeling he would have opted out regardless and that he's not coming back even if the stars align and he's allowed to.
That could be an issue. Unless we have a NC major we can slip him into.

I know this will never happen, but i would be intetested in an 8 team playoff this season. There will be fewer bowl games available. 8 team playoff would create a lot of interest and extra excitement and since teams are playing less games during the season an 8 team playoff should be doable. Money maker of course for sure.

Last edited:

The Athletic with a story today that includes a timeline of events, with linked articles having more individual information, that transpired along the way to get from July 30 to this morning. Very well done and very detailed account of things that happened along the way:

Timeline of Turbulence: How B1G Arrived Here

The Athletic with a story today that includes a timeline of events, with linked articles having more individual information, that transpired along the way to get from July 30 to this morning. Very well done and very detailed account of things that happened along the way:

I can see how such an article would appeal to people who hate the Big Ten and its teams, especially for political reasons.

I’m still trying to recover from the secondaries’ performance this past Sunday.

Yes, fascinating tidbits like:
"Aug. 29, 2020 — Ohio State parents hold a rally in Columbus."

"Well done" would mean putting out something people would read. Doubt anyone would actually wade through it unless you had absolutely no life other than football.

Yes, fascinating tidbits like:
"Aug. 29, 2020 — Ohio State parents hold a rally in Columbus."

"Well done" would mean putting out something people would read. Doubt anyone would actually wade through it unless you had absolutely no life other than football.
I didn't read any of the articles either, it didn't interest me enough at this point, but it was very helpful in consolidating all of that information and articles for anyone that might be interested. I did click on one that referenced Minnesota. For a lot of those incidents listed though, I had no idea any of them took place without seeing it in this article. Which is not that surprising obviously

Top Bottom