WE'RE BACK!!!

Schedule is 8 plus 1. Every team with an opportunity to play 9 games.

Championship weekend is 12/19 with crossover games between the divisions based on standings. So 1vs1 2vs2 and so on.

At least that is how I understand it.

October 10 or 17 would have made more sense in terms of schedule wiggle room, but why bicker too much. There are probably logistics issues with getting testing stood up, staff training.

Good to see an effort here. We’re going to need to live with the virus for quite some time. Best to mitigate collateral damage to the programs.
Yep.

Vaccines will be widely distributed in the country by mid of next year. So that is still several months out.

Schedule is 8 plus 1. Every team with an opportunity to play 9 games.

Championship weekend is 12/19 with crossover games between the divisions based on standings. So 1vs1 2vs2 and so on.
So are saying every team will play a ninth game on 12/19 based on standings?

I wonder how long til you get banned? I'm guessing you can't help yourself and your interest in talking all the non-football trash you've given us these recent months will overpower whatever small Gophers' interest there may have previously been.
It took you a whopping 3 minutes to respond with this? What are you even talking about? I've been saying since April/May that there would be football this fall and I've never backed down from that. You have a problem with this kind of optimism? wow....

I wonder how long til you get banned? I'm guessing you can't help yourself and your interest in talking all the non-football trash you've given us these recent months will overpower whatever small Gophers' interest there may have previously been.
He'll slither back to the OTB, now that the discussion will start to be about football rather than politics.

Guessing there is little to no chance that opt-outs will be back, but who knows for sure?

Hoping Dunlap, at least, will be able to play.

How many Ohio State stars have opted out?

Might be a great opportunity for the West to win the conference title.

Guessing there is little to no chance that opt-outs will be back, but who knows for sure?

Hoping Dunlap, at least, will be able to play.

Freirmuth might, Parsons signed with an agent I think. Moore is injury risk and already a high projected pick..

Do players who play this season lose a year of eligibility? I know there had been talks about having a spring season not count against eligibility, curious how this works now

Do players who play this season lose a year of eligibility? I know there had been talks about having a spring season not count against eligibility, curious how this works now

i would assume it counts as a normal year

NCAA already said that any fall sports athlete that competes in their fall sport, at any time during 2020-21 sports year, will automatically be eligible to receive an extra season and an extra year on their clock.

I think the basic idea is ... things are already so messed up, that it will never be like a "normal" year for those sports ... so it wouldn't be fair to take away a season for it.

On BTN, PJ said he’s recruiting him to comeback still. Working through all options
Well, I guess if the NCAA issues a statement that they're willing to grant waivers to any athlete that has already signed with an agent, if they formally end the relationship until after the season concludes.

No idea if that could be on the table. Sounds more like a coach's wishful thinking, but who knows?

But Bateman did say he has asthma, which could be a risk factor for a more severe infection.

If they are scheduling 8 games with no bye weeks, they need to schedule the divisional games the first 6 weeks so they can re-schedule them for the last two weeks and cancel cross-division games if necessary.

Previous rules keeps a player coming back if he has already signed with an agent. That being said, nothing about 2020 has been normal, so maybe this rule is waived, maybe not. Whether it's Bateman or any other player that opted out and now wants back in, I hope they are given an avenue to do so.

Returning October 23-24 is a huge victory at this point, lets hope the BIG can pull this off, lots of things have to fall in place to get he season in. Fingers crossed.

On BTN, PJ said he’s recruiting him to comeback still. Working through all options

I wouldn't be surprised if NCAA allowed one time waiver, but one would be needed. I'd be happy if he came back

(who wouldnt)

But I won't hold my breathe

If they are scheduling 8 games with no bye weeks, they need to schedule the divisional games the first 6 weeks so they can re-schedule them for the last two weeks and cancel cross-division games if necessary.
Certainly a good thought.

Almost zero chance it's going to work out perfectly for all 14 teams. Way too tight of a window, with no wiggle room.

"It is what it is" asterisk season.

I wouldn't be surprised if NCAA allowed one time waiver, but one would be needed. I'd be happy if he came back

(who wouldnt)

But I won't hold my breathe
If they do, they will take back Liam Robbins basketball waiver to balance it out. :cool:

Top Bottom