WE'RE BACK!!!

Lets play some football! Go Gophers! Ski U Mah!

Will the limited to conference teams schedule remain the same as was announced months ago?
I know the dates will change but what about the opponents?

i'm curious to see what they do with CFP dates with this happening, since we know that is our long-term destination

Will the limited to conference teams schedule remain the same as was announced months ago?

Doesn't say.

That is a very elaborate press release with all the "safety measures" they are now implementing, including daily testing. Considering they've been practicing up to now without these measures makes you wonder if this is just them going overboard to show they're doing something different as to why they couldn't have played earlier.

The more interesting thing will be all the information about the actual play and logistics that they haven't released. How many games? I'm assuming conference only, but 8? 10? If they start on October 24, with no bye weeks and 10 games, they end 12/26. Are they playing outside at home stadiums? Or neutral site indoor facilities?

Regardless of all the mess, it's good to have football back!

i'm curious to see what they do with CFP dates with this happening, since we know that is our long-term destination

The Big 12 has one possible entry in the CFP as does the ACC. The much lionized SEC might have 3. That's only if LSU can replace Joe Burrow. If the contenders all have to play each in the regular season maybe only 1 or 2.

The Big Ten has one, tOSU. Maybe two with Penn State.

That means about 48-49 of Big Five schools are playing without a real chance of getting to the CFP. Who knows how many other schools.

Shocking huh?

That is a very elaborate press release with all the "safety measures" they are now implementing, including daily testing. Considering they've been practicing up to now without these measures makes you wonder if this is just them going overboard to show they're doing something different as to why they couldn't have played earlier.

The more interesting thing will be all the information about the actual play and logistics that they haven't released. How many games? I'm assuming conference only, but 8? 10? If they start on October 24, with no bye weeks and 10 games, they end 12/26. Are they playing outside at home stadiums? Or neutral site indoor facilities?

Regardless of all the mess, it's good to have football back!

Pretty sure what I read said 8 games.

Of course I have never been one to say "I told you so"... that's just not in my DNA, would never dream of doing that, ever.

I wonder how long til you get banned? I'm guessing you can't help yourself and your interest in talking all the non-football trash you've given us these recent months will overpower whatever small Gophers' interest there may have previously been.

Including Oct 24 weekend through Thanksgiving weekend, that's only six weekends. In a normal season, the conf championship games would be the weekend after Tgiving.

This year it looks like that weekend (Dec 5) will be the final regular season weekend for the Big XII/ACC/SEC. And the Army-Navy game tentatively scheduled for Dec 12.

So if the Big Ten goes through Dec 12, then that would be eight weekends. Seven games gets you the division plus a cross-over.

We'll take Maryland, that's just fine.

The CFP already announced they weren't going to change. That was not long after the Big XII/ACC/SEC announced they were plowing ahead with their seasons.

Rose/Sugar semi's are NYD, and champ is 10 days later.

The most important part of this: all schools unanimously voted to proceed.

All the BS posturing of posters claiming this and that about schools that would opt out was fake.

Including Oct 24 weekend through Thanksgiving weekend, that's only six weekends. In a normal season, the conf championship games would be the weekend after Tgiving.

This year it looks like that weekend (Dec 5) will be the final regular season weekend for the Big XII/ACC/SEC. And the Army-Navy game tentatively scheduled for Dec 12.

So if the Big Ten goes through Dec 12, then that would be eight weekends. Seven games gets you the division plus a cross-over.

We'll take Maryland, that's just fine.

Big Ten title will be Dec 19. Report I saw said 8 games in 8 weeks starting on Oct 24

October 10 or 17 would have made more sense in terms of schedule wiggle room, but why bicker too much. There are probably logistics issues with getting testing stood up, staff training.

Good to see an effort here. We’re going to need to live with the virus for quite some time. Best to mitigate collateral damage to the programs.

Watch, the CFP committee will put undefeated Ohio State at #5 and say they didn't play enough games. 😂

Top Bottom