Welcome Tiree Eure!

Nope, it is called evaluating talent and being a team player. Hageman fits that mold. Brewster will continue to put top talent on defense.

Oh really? Like making Gray shift from a Spread QB to a Pro-Style QB? That's been working well too, and that was only a scheme change... :rolleyes:

If OSU, Florida, Iowa etc all thought Hageman could play TE, they must all have terrible coaches who can't evaluate talent (or maybe because they're too busy planning for their BCS games). I'd rather have Hageman (who's here for 4 years) at TE and a JuCo (who's here for 2 years) in on defense (since they can't seem to learn the offense).

I'm not sure if it would have worked out to well for Gray if he had continued as a Spread QB on a Pro style team. Team>Gray.

Oh really? Like making Gray shift from a Spread QB to a Pro-Style QB? That's been working well too, and that was only a scheme change... :rolleyes:

If OSU, Florida, Iowa etc all thought Hageman could play TE, they must all have terrible coaches who can't evaluate talent (or maybe because they're too busy planning for their BCS games). I'd rather have Hageman (who's here for 4 years) at TE and a JuCo (who's here for 2 years) in on defense (since they can't seem to learn the offense).

Which JUCO's can't learn the offense? Hayo and Pittman? It seems as if Wills played every snap for us this season with a great grasp of the offense. Tiree will be fine at TE - He and Wills already have some chemistry from JC.

I'm not sure if it would have worked out to well for Gray if he had continued as a Spread QB on a Pro style team. Team>Gray.

If you check this thread:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=9933&highlight=gray

...there was an article linked in the OP. Unfortunately the article is no longer online, however if you look at post #8, Brewster is quoted from the article as saying -- "Good coaching is making the system fit the player, not the player fit the system" -- in regards to Gray.

Though I agree the team is more important than the system, the point of my statement in this thread was to question the sense of the coaching decision.

Which JUCO's can't learn the offense? Hayo and Pittman? It seems as if Wills played every snap for us this season with a great grasp of the offense. Tiree will be fine at TE - He and Wills already have some chemistry from JC.
None of the playmakers have learned the system. Offensive linemen are similar to defensive players, where the scheme is rather basic (by comparison). I have nothing against Wills or Tiree. That is not the point of my comment.

I understand you're feeling defensive so you're kind of one the attack right now but fyi OSU, Florida & Iowa were all recruiting Hageman as a DE. Brewster told Hageman he would get a fair shot at TE if he came to the U, which is what Hageman wanted. So, he started out at TE, got his shot and it was decided he could help more at DE and still play TE in some situations (Goal line, etc).

I understand you're feeling defensive so you're kind of one the attack right now but fyi OSU, Florida & Iowa were all recruiting Hageman as a DE. Brewster told Hageman he would get a fair shot at TE if he came to the U, which is what Hageman wanted. So, he started out at TE, got his shot and it was decided he could help more at DE and still play TE in some situations (Goal line, etc).

Ahhh, good to know. I know OSU said both at one point and later switched (now that you mention it), but I didn't know the others said DE.

Regardless, I'd rather have JuCo's on the defensive side of the ball only. TE will be an interesting assessment, as it's mostly blocking. Whatever helps fix this offense...

Top Bottom