Welcome Tiree Eure!

Mr. Samsonite

Reaction score
we have a big TE coming, hopefully he's ready to go, welcome to the squad

Damn sounds like Christmas came early, two commits today and its not even 2 PM.

Big kid at 6'5" pretty lean at 230 had a Colorado, UConn and Mich State offer. Hopefully he can step in immediately next year at TE. Welcome Tiree!

Damn sounds like Christmas came early, two commits today and its not even 2 PM.

Big kid at 6'5" pretty lean at 230 had a Colorado, UConn and Mich State offer. Hopefully he can step in immediately next year at TE. Welcome Tiree!

Who knows but rivals shows him at 6'7". Big target either way.

Where does it say he is a gopher?

He is visiting today, but I am not seeing where he committed.

he has been extended, im sorry they havent announced it yet, idk if all these recruits would be committing if he hadn't gotten extended

If true (I want to see a link before I believe it), that's great news as the TE position is a bit thin at the moment.

Eure has been committed for some time now, he wanted it kept quiet until he came. This is probably why we hadn't heard much on the TE front.

I can understand why they wouldn't immediately reveal a contract extension. If they did so before the bowl game certain elements would complain a blue streak about how 'undeserved' it is. It's not beyond the imagination.

I'm really excited about Tiree... I hope he's as good as all of his offers lead me to believe. He should have plenty of time from January to be ready for the season.

6' 7". Hell, even Weber should be able to hit him.

This is very good news - tight ends are devastating weapons. The Gophers will be more impressive the next two years, especially in 2011 - which an extension will guarantee. Now they have to show some offense and win the bowl game...

I think this might be in the short term the most important addition to this recruiting class. If he is as good as advertised, he can have a big impact on this team. It's nice to see, after all the 'controversy' that we get two more than solid guys added to the class.

Welcome aboard Tiree.

So does anybody knows if Rivals is going to rank these guys?

silent verbal rumor finally plays out eh? Two receivers this weekend is a decent haul.

6' 7". Hell, even Weber should be able to hit him.

If he can catch balls that would otherwise hit the ground 5 feet in front of him, then yeah, Weber will be able to hit him.

Let me get this straight. We have a highly touted recruit (Hageman) commit to us at TE. We move him to another position, even after he openly preached all through the recruiting process that he wanted to play TE and be used with frequency (in respect to that position). Then we pick up a JuCo TE the following year, as if ANY of our offensive JuCo players have learned the offense enough to play (regardless of how many *'s they are supposedly "worth").

Anyone else find this wrong?

Let me get this straight. We have a highly touted recruit (Hageman) commit to us at TE. We move him to another position, even after he openly preached all through the recruiting process that he wanted to play TE and be used with frequency (in respect to that position). Then we pick up a JuCo TE the following year, as if ANY of our offensive JuCo players have learned the offense enough to play (regardless of how many *'s they are supposedly "worth").

Anyone else find this wrong?

Nope, it is called evaluating talent and being a team player. Hageman fits that mold. Brewster will continue to put top talent on defense.

let's give Wills a little more credit than that.

As much as i was looking forward to watching Hageman at TE, DE>TE. It sounds like he volunteered for the gig, and we all know he was recruited by most schools for the DL. So I think everybody wins in this. only time will tell. In any case, tiree seems like a great get.

Top Bottom