Weird Lincoln Riley Introduction is ... weird ... really weird ...

WTF did I just watch? And what was the point? Seems like they could have just played the school fight song and been done with it. Very strange.

WTF did I just watch? And what was the point? Seems like they could have just played the school fight song and been done with it. Very strange.
I saw it for the first time an hour ago ... I'm still uncomfortable.

I think I need an adult.

Just think of what the production values and screenplay would have been like if USC wasn't America's most prominent film school.
It looks like they’ve been taking notes from their NMSU consultants.

The iconic Tusk official music video, featuring the full USC marching band, was made in 1979. It has become the school’s official reminder of its bygone football halcyon days. Doesn’t play as well at a press conference thingie.

they are still living off a collaboration with Fleetwood Mac from 30+ years ago? Really?
Every school says it when something stupid happens but word has it USC boosters have a lot of sway when it comes to dumb things.

I wonder if that's some booster's thing ..

Every school says it when something stupid happens but word has it USC boosters have a lot of sway when it comes to dumb things.

I wonder if that's some booster's thing ..

Have they had any recent collaborations with current music acts that they could have gone to instead?

I know next to nothing about today's pop music.

Have they had any recent collaborations with current music acts that they could have gone to instead?

I know next to nothing about today's pop music.
Supposedly one booster has been demanding they collaborate with Ann Margret for years ...

Supposedly one booster has been demanding they collaborate with Ann Margret for years ...

So, I'll take that as a "no", then. They haven't had any recent collaborations with any current musical acts.

I wonder... if USC wanted to update this concept for the kids today, and do something similar to this Tusk thing, which modern artists and songs would be a good fit? I'm talking about acts that can fill an arena, or a stadium, like Fleetwood Mac can.

Last edited:

The band was bad, but the cheerleaders were really bad. They cannot be real USC cheerleaders. They were uncoordinated and awkward looking.

holy god that was awful. nothing coordinated in a failed attempt to try seem cool. wtf was that

Top Bottom